Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It's been years since I don't watch it, So i'm probably wrog. Still turn everyone a mutant is such a villain plan
    I don’t think it’ll happen, but it could’ve been a neat connective piece to Age of X-Man. I guess I just don’t get what Emma means when she says the world won’t need the X-Men anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I don’t think it’ll happen, but it could’ve been a neat connective piece to Age of X-Man. I guess I just don’t get what Emma means when she says the world won’t need the X-Men anymore.
    I'm curious about it, I think Emma is way over her head on this plan

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Somewhat interesting I guess. Then again, I'm pretty sure quite a few predicted the vaccine failing in some way. If this is Emma's doing, well, it's no worse than the antics of the Inhumans. Then again, it's probably Beast's screw up. Hopefully the explanation for all of this makes sense.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

In a flashback of Invaders it is seen that Xavier had a similar plan. They found a mutant that had the power to change species to anything and Xavier planned to use it to transform humans into mutants, Namor wanted to hide it because humans would use it to make mutants disappear.

In the end, a police officer kills him and it does not matter.

I'm curious about it, I think Emma is way over her head on this plan
    Do we really know what she has planned? Rosenberg hinted that things are gonna go wrong in this issue, but since we'll be getting the HiX-Men era with Emma presumably back on the team, I guess things have gone right.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    In a flashback of Invaders it is seen that Xavier had a similar plan. They found a mutant that had the power to change species to anything and Xavier planned to use it to transform humans into mutants, Namor wanted to hide it because humans would use it to make mutants disappear.

In the end, a police officer kills him and it does not matter.
    If Xavier wanted to do that when he was Xavier, I wonder what's stopping him now as the morally uhh bankrupt 'X'.

Do we really know what she has planned? Rosenberg hinted that things are gonna go wrong in this issue, but since we'll be getting the HiX-Men era with Emma presumably back on the team, I guess things have gone right.

If Xavier wanted to do that when he was Xavier, I wonder what's stopping him now as the morally uhh bankrupt 'X'.
    Hmm. I still wonder how he's going to reappear in all of this. The child getting the vaccine seems to be mutating - would be pretty interesting if X had someone tinker with the vax. Or maybe Beast never did make a vaccine but was mind-controlled to make something more along the lines of what we've been discussing, an x-gene expedient.

Or it just doesn't matter because Hickman already wrote his story before this.

Imagine if Xavier is behind all this. I found weird that Emma knew about the vaccine.

Incredible Member

I don’t think we’re paying enough attention to what Emma is saying here. She’s saying that whatever she has planned might negate everything that’s happened so far. I don’t know if she’s referring to the deaths or anything, but it’s something to consider.

Which would be Emma kicking off Hickmans run. I'm into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Hmm. I still wonder how he's going to reappear in all of this. The child getting the vaccine seems to be mutating - would be pretty interesting if X had someone tinker with the vax. Or maybe Beast never did make a vaccine but was mind-controlled to make something more along the lines of what we've been discussing, an x-gene expedient.
    I think he’ll appear in X-Force 10/AOXM: Omega/Uncanny 22 which will lead directly into HoX #1. I wonder who may have tinkered with the vaccine, whether it was Emma or X?

Yeah, but if JDW planned this era after Hickman yet it’s appearing beforehand, it’ll matter because it’s supposed to be lining up and leading into the new era.

Imagine if Xavier is behind all this. I found weird that Emma knew about the vaccine.
    Back when Disassembled was coming out, I thought X brought Legion back and orchestrated the whole event since it would’ve followed the “events during Disassembled never make coherent sense and there’s always someone behind the scenes” story that Avengers did when it was revealed Scarlet Witch caused everything. And I think Beast has been working on a vaccine for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Would be iconic.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Oh god no more Emma coming out good after doing crap

Yeah, but if JDW planned this era after Hickman yet it’s appearing beforehand, it’ll matter because it’s supposed to be lining up and leading into the new era.
    It is? It can be a self contained idea.

Back when Disassembled was coming out, I thought X brought Legion back and orchestrated the whole event since it would’ve followed the “events during Disassembled never make coherent sense and there’s always someone behind the scenes” story that Avengers did when it was revealed Scarlet Witch caused everything. And I think Beast has been working on a vaccine for a long time.
    I'm not sure if Beast would tell Emma about the vaccine.
    I think dissassembled was badly written, but the solicit for the last issue is 'somethings we forgot" I don't think it is only the memory of Emma. X mindwiped people a lot since he came back

It is? It can be a self contained idea.
    The X-Men is a serial thing, though. Even if it doesn’t directly cause something in the HiX-Men, they aren’t gonna make a story where Emma does something to break the moral event horizon only for it to go nowhere.

I'm not sure if Beast would tell Emma about the vaccine.
    I think dissassembled was badly written, but the solicit for the last issue is 'somethings we forgot" I don't think it is only the memory of Emma. X mindwiped people a lot since he came back
    I don’t think Hank told anyone but it may have been something Emma found out and kept secret. But judging by how Beast reacted to Anole taking it, I think it may have been known around the X-Men.

It would be a bit interesting if X has been somewhat controlling Emma to lead to the things he wants, particularly if the cure leads to anyone injected to being turned into a mutant. Time for mutants to become the dominant species I guess, maybe humans will be reduced to a few hundred that are immune to the "cure for humanity" and they are surrounded by billions of mutants.

Oh god no more Emma coming out good after doing crap
    What would Jean have done in her situation? Tortured for weeks on end, unable to use her powers, completely isolated, unable to kill herself. What would Jean have done?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    What would Jean have done in her situation? Tortured for weeks on end, unable to use her powers, completely isolated, unable to kill herself. What would Jean have done?
    Something along the lines of...Hear Me X-Men...No longer am I the woman you once knew.....and blasted everyone related to her captivity only to be talked down by one of the X-Men. Bishop I suppose now.