Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default DC Black Label's HARLEEN by Stjepan 各jić (3 Issue) in September

DC Announce HARLEEN by Stjepan Šejić, a new 3 issue BLACK LABEL Mini-serie in September.

https://screenrant.com/harley-quinn-...en-black-label

Preview :

Spectacular Member

Damn it DC! My wallet isn't extensible ! But comes September, i'll have a lot of new books to get my hands on...

Art looks good, and I do plan to collect as much of the Black Label content as I can since it'll be self contained. Never heard of Stjepan 各jić before though, what all has he done?

And ha! Last page shows Joker has green armpit hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Damn it DC! My wallet isn't extensible ! But comes September, i'll have a lot of new books to get my hands on...
    If you don't mind me asking, what all do you plan on picking up in September?

From what has been announced, JLO, Event Leviathan, Harleen, Harley and Ivy, DCMIllenium and Frankenstein, so far. But I've the feeling that there will be more to the whole deal, possibly Far Sector ?

As for Sejic, he's been on Abnett's Aquaman, Teen Titans during Metal, the first two issues of Justice League Odyssey, from what I know off, at DC that is. He also has Death Vigil and other works as an independent.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Art looks good, and I do plan to collect as much of the Black Label content as I can since it'll be self contained. Never heard of Stjepan 各jić before though, what all has he done?
    He did art on the starting Justice League Odyssey titles as well as the Wonder Woman story in Dog Days of Summer. I think he also has done some Aquaman titles.

He also has several creator-owned series. I believe Death Vigil didn't sell that well, but his main focus right now is on his self-published story Sunstone, a romcom among a circle of people involved in bondage and fetishism, that seems to have a relatively large and dedicated following.

I think this story will fit his strengths very well as a storyteller.
    ォSpeaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given outサ (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Well that image of the Bat is going to haunt me in my nightmares. Great job Mr. Šejić.

Well, Sejic finally gets to put his dark, operatic, Harley Quinn story to print.

Kinda interesting to think we're getting a straightforward take on Harley's origin (more or less) on-top of a re-imagined version of it, both of which under Black Label.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    From what has been announced, JLO, Event Leviathan, Harleen, Harley and Ivy, DCMIllenium and Frankenstein, so far. But I've the feeling that there will be more to the whole deal, possibly Far Sector ?

As for Sejic, he's been on Abnett's Aquaman, Teen Titans during Metal, the first two issues of Justice League Odyssey, from what I know off, at DC that is. He also has Death Vigil and other works as an independent.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    He did art on the starting Justice League Odyssey titles as well as the Wonder Woman story in Dog Days of Summer. I think he also has done some Aquaman titles.

He also has several creator-owned series. I believe Death Vigil didn't sell that well, but his main focus right now is on his self-published story Sunstone, a romcom among a circle of people involved in bondage and fetishism, that seems to have a relatively large and dedicated following.

I think this story will fit his strengths very well as a storyteller.
    Thank you both. Sounds like he'll be able to make this a great story then!

I'll add this to Joker/Harley: Criminal Sanity for upcoming books with Harley I'm interested in.

Spectacular Member

a very simple way to sample my non sunstone based work is:

https://tapas.io/episode/1038372

entire first storyarc of death vigil. a critically acclaimed story that found its popularity after its initial publishing. being a no name writer back then comic stores didn't order that many copies. nowadays i have a new york times bestselling series sunstone that has been translated to dozens of languages and nominated for awards. most recently it was nominated for best series at ringo awards.

i wrote other stuff as well, but for the purpose of selling people in harleen i'd say death vigil is a good example, with the relationship writing approach of sunstone.

no... there will be no nudity. there will, however be a genuine effort in depicting a dysfunctional relationship in both the ways that would make you understand why the characters think it might work, and at the same time see why it doesn't.

So getting this!
    Batman - Daredevil

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

NOICE! Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by nebezial View Post

entire first storyarc of death vigil. a critically acclaimed story that found its popularity after its initial publishing. being a no name writer back then comic stores didn't order that many copies. nowadays i have a new york times bestselling series sunstone that has been translated to dozens of languages and nominated for awards. most recently it was nominated for best series at ringo awards.

i wrote other stuff as well, but for the purpose of selling people in harleen i'd say death vigil is a good example, with the relationship writing approach of sunstone.

no... there will be no nudity. there will, however be a genuine effort in depicting a dysfunctional relationship in both the ways that would make you understand why the characters think it might work, and at the same time see why it doesn't.
    Congrats on finally getting to tell your big Harleen story! I know this has been something you’ve been wanting to do forever. If it goes well you still going to pitch Isley? I know that was another book you wanted to do. Loved your art on Aquaman, you drew the hell out of Atlantis. Hope this book goes well for you!

Quote Originally Posted by nebezial View Post

If I'm going back to buy a comic book starring Harley after all this time, it's all thanks to you! I was waiting for this moment ever since I first saw the drafts you used to upload in your deviantArt gallery.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I can take or leave Harley Quinn but I see Stepan Sejic's name on something and it's pretty much a guaranteed buy for me. That he's writing and drawing this is especially good news as I've loved Death Vigil and Sunstone.
    Last edited by Ilan Preskovsky; 06-15-2019 at 10:16 PM.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.