Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Looks like Jon is going forward to the future.

It looks like we will finally find out why Jon hasn't been seen or mentioned in Action Comics, Event Leviathan, and in Doomsday Clock. It looks like he is going to be a member of the Legion of Superheroes. Based on the August and September Solicitations of Superman. I am also wondering if DC through the Year of the Villain are going to wipe Jon from everyone's memory and have Clark and Lois forget they ever had a son. With Connor back into the main continuity...Jon has become expendable. Plus Bendis and Johns have never referenced Jon in either Action Comics or Doomsday Clock and neither has anyone else. Could this be Luthor's ultimate revenge on Clark and Lois...making them and the world forget they had a son...even though he is in the future. The Newsarama article is pasted below.

https://www.newsarama.com/45608-legi...FM5G9aiCYPSaEw

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

This bolsters my theory that they're just going to return to the pre-Flashpoint continuity and more or less pretend the last eight years never happened.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

I doubt they are erasing all memories of Jon. He's supposed to interact with Conner and Damian later in the year according to Bendis.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

What are you talking about? Jon was mentioned in doomsday clock.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    This bolsters my theory that they're just going to return to the pre-Flashpoint continuity and more or less pretend the last eight years never happened.
    That's a big fat nope, as it would also mean getting rid of Jessica Cruz. Both Supergirl and Shazam definitely aren't going back to old continuity either.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Basically confirmed by the Lois Lane #3 solicit with "Jon Kent surprises his mother with a visit to her hideout in Chicago with big news that ties directly into the events of SUPERMAN #15, also on sale this month. While Lois must deal with her now-17-year-old son making life-changing decisions..."
    Buh-bye

He's joining the Legion for sure (that's clearly the reason they aged him up), but I doubt he'll be forgotten in the present, at least during the current run.
    Like anything that happens in DC's books, he'll eventually be retconned.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    He's joining the Legion for sure (that's clearly the reason they aged him up), but I doubt he'll be forgotten in the present, at least during the current run.
    well like superlad said in another thread, bendis teased damian and Jon meeting up again, so he'll definitely still make trips back to the present.

Man, just thinking about this has me so excited..Jon's personality is perfect for the legion.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don't think jon will be retconned out of existence in the near future.i believe, jon has gotten popular enough. Then again, you can never trust the editorial. I just hope they atleast send him off properly,unlike chris.
    I hope bendis delivers on his supersons reunion promise.i said it once and i will say it again. Legion is no replacement for supersons.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Latching the Legion to Jon is a huge ole mistake IMO.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 06-14-2019 at 03:26 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    well like superlad said in another thread, bendis teased damian and Jon meeting up again, so he'll definitely still make trips back to the present.

Man, just thinking about this has me so excited..Jon's personality is perfect for the legion.
    Yeah, I'll just say that I find it pretty telling that Jon comes alone to Lois what seems to already be decided. That, to me, indicates that this is in no way shape or form a "kay mom, I'm going to the future forever. Just wanted to give you a heads up." situation. Seems to indicate he'll be able to go back and forth like Silver age Clark did.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I am interested in Jon joining the Legion. I hope it is not a permanent thing and I wish he was still 10.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Astonishing Member

I think it's fine if Clark wants his boy to see some of the stuff he had growing up and helped shape him into a man but for me the problem is it doesn't seem like these guys in charge can quite swallow their pride and just admit Kahn, Levitz, Bryne et al were wrong about Supes childhood. Instead they've got to do Superboy their way which is just trying to tip toe around the idea that the former got it wrong since it's the basis of Post-Crisis continuity. Just suck it up and admit Superboy was better than whatever it was you guys could come up with, the way Johns is thumbing his noes at people in Doomsday Clock and trying to hail Post-Crisis Superman as some kind of amalgamation of every Superman that came before but the guy consistently pulls the most boring angles possible on the guy and whines when people point out that people from 50 something years ago did it better.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Mighty Member

This is super lame. Jon had his own thing. He doesn't need to be following Clark's footsteps.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

I mean I don’t hate it, I’d certainly welcome a new ongoing with him and honestly there is a lot of fun to be had with the son of Superman joining the Legion of Superheroes. However, I do wish that he’d stayed a young kid and perhaps join Damian on the Teen Titans. This certainly may spell the end of the super sons for a while though.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.