Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 160
  1. #136
    Astonishing Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    You say that like its an unfair position. People feel robbed of seven years of development and watching Jon grow up. That sucks.

    This fanboys aren't close-minded. They are understandably feeling betrayed.
    DC never promised we'd see years of Jon growing up though, we never even knew Jon existed until a few years ago.

  2. #137
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    DC never promised we'd see years of Jon growing up though, we never even knew Jon existed until a few years ago.
    Really? DC doesn't promise a lot of things. Doesn't mean we don't feel robbed or slighted as readers and consumers when the comics take a turn with beloved characters we don't enjoy. We're allowed to feel robbed of something even if it wasn't promised to us. You don't get to tell people they are closed-minded because they feel that way. Give me a break.
    Currently Reading:

    DC: The Flash, Adventures of the Super Sons, Teen Titans, Justice League, Doomsday Clock, Justice League Dark, Wonder Woman

    Image: Lazarus, Black Magick

    Boom: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers

  3. #138
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Really? DC doesn't promise a lot of things. Doesn't mean we don't feel robbed or slighted as readers and consumers when the comics take a turn with beloved characters we don't enjoy. We're allowed to feel robbed of something even if it wasn't promised to us. You don't get to tell people they are closed-minded because they feel that way. Give me a break.
    Thank you...this treatment of Jon is the symbolic representation of why superman will never beat batman as my favorite superhero and why he is generally more popular than supes

  4. #139
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    237

    Default

    It has nothing to do with me not knowing adult Jon and what his deal is...it's just that I do not care and I don't want to know because I just want that version of the character completely and utterly erased as Jon is deaged. I won't be supporting this title regardless of reviews, regardless of anything. And will only consider purchase superman books after Jon is deaged.

    No other option

  5. #140
    Spectacular Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    207

    Default

    I'd prefer Jon hadn't been aged up at all, but that is done for now. Since it is done, I say bring on the LSH. Maybe down the road he could meet his father when his father was a teen and have some fun interactions. Conner (sp?) being along on that trip too would be even better. Three Superboys meet, interact, and help the LSH defeat an especially dangerous villain.

  6. #141
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah! Well. I am a true superman fan. So, "i will always remember"
    Dude, everyone here is a true Superman fan, whether we all like Jon or not (decidedly not in my case).

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Bendis and DC's goal is to make Legion an A list book, so I wouldn't put your hopes in that.
    Damn, now I'm conflicted. On one hand, son of Superman dumb, but on the other Legion good...

  7. #142
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I don't get the argument against Jon at times. Batman has a long string of "sons" who were his side kick, the current of whom is biologically his but Jon is an anomaly that should exist because Conner is more popular?
    Until Damian none of those "sons" were biological, and giving him a blood son in Damian caused a lot of controversy at the time and there's still plenty of us not happy with it.

  8. #143
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Until Damian none of those "sons" were biological, and giving him a blood son in Damian caused a lot of controversy at the time and there's still plenty of us not happy with it.
    I imagine there's room for everyone, those that hate certain things and those that love it.

  9. #144
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I imagine there's room for everyone, those that hate certain things and those that love it.
    I really don't get the point here. Yeah, there's still some stories where these mistakes don't make appearances, so? Still hope they get retconned or rebooted out. Basically, you know how badly Wally got treated in HiC? That's my dearest wish for the Supersons in all future appearances. That way it'd hurt less and be grumbled about less to then just make them disappear.

    But hey, that's just me. I'm not saying anyone else has to feel the same way, and I'm not losing sleep over they fact these characters exist. Just don't try and get me to see their appeal if you're a fan or make condescending suggestions like I don't have to read the stories they're in or there's something for everyone, I already know and that doesn't make me want them gone any less (not trying to sound mean, just really starting to get tired of the "there's room for everyone" line in most disagreements, not because of anything wrong with that view, just that it get's used so often it's become an annoyance).

  10. #145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I really don't get the point here. Yeah, there's still some stories where these mistakes don't make appearances, so? Still hope they get retconned or rebooted out. Basically, you know how badly Wally got treated in HiC? That's my dearest wish for the Supersons in all future appearances. That way it'd hurt less and be grumbled about less to then just make them disappear.

    But hey, that's just me. I'm not saying anyone else has to feel the same way, and I'm not losing sleep over they fact these characters exist. Just don't try and get me to see their appeal if you're a fan or make condescending suggestions like I don't have to read the stories they're in or there's something for everyone, I already know and that doesn't make me want them gone any less (not trying to sound mean, just really starting to get tired of the "there's room for everyone" line in most disagreements, not because of anything wrong with that view, just that it get's used so often it's become an annoyance).
    Well, i didn't say you weren't a superman fan.
    You are whinning about us grumbling , when you are in a forum full whiners about pre crisis superman, about postcrisis superman, about smww, about clois... Etc. This forum is built for whiners and grumblers.we are going to keep on grumbling or whatever we want.
    It's not like Wally getting mistreated stopped wally fans. It only added fuel to the fire. What makes you think supersons fans will be any different? Especially, since Damian is pretty popular and a draw. He does make them money. Even jon has caught on,regardless of what you feel.
    You can wish for them to not exist.nobody here is stopping you. But, the reality of that happening is really, really low. So, for now there isn't room for everyone and you are right.

  11. #146
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Well, i didn't say you weren't a superman fan.
    Yeah, but when you say you're a true Superman fan it's always hard not to read it in the context of "and anyone who disagrees with me isn't." Using "true fan" is always kind of a loaded thing.

    You are whinning about us grumbling , when you are in a forum full whiners about pre crisis superman, about postcrisis superman, about smww, about clois... Etc. This forum is built for whiners and grumblers.we are going to keep on grumbling or whatever we want.
    Eh, I wasn't grumbling about grumbling exactly, it was more my way of saying if they character assassinated Jon first less people would complain directly to DC less about bringing him back, meaning he'd be more likely to stay gone. But I felt too lazy to write that so thought "grumbling" would get that idea across with less words. Guess it didn't.

    It's not like Wally getting mistreated stopped wally fans. It only added fuel to the fire. What makes you think supersons fans will be any different? Especially, since Damian is pretty popular and a draw. He does make them money. Even jon has caught on,regardless of what you feel.
    Yeah, but mostly the die hard fans, and even then plenty of them are wishing Wally had stayed in limbo a while longer to avoid that happening to him. If you aren't a fan of the character, it's a good fire to have burning.

    You can wish for them to not exist.nobody here is stopping you. But, the reality of that happening is really, really low. So, for now there isn't room for everyone and you are right.
    Oh, I know the reality isn't bloody likely, unfortunately, and yes, being the one out of the room sucks. But like you said, this is the place where fans come to grumble. (Regarding the bolded, did my statement piss you off? Cause it reads like a pissed off attack)

    Plus I feel the need to confess my hate for Jon more often around here just because it feels so unpopular that some people pitch a fit just because I wish he'd disappear. When it feels like I'm being judged for an opinion, it makes me feel the need to shout that opinion out all the louder for some reason.

  12. #147
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yeah, but when you say you're a true Superman fan it's always hard not to read it in the context of "and anyone who disagrees with me isn't." Using "true fan" is always kind of a loaded thing.



    Eh, I wasn't grumbling about grumbling exactly, it was more my way of saying if they character assassinated Jon first less people would complain directly to DC less about bringing him back, meaning he'd be more likely to stay gone. But I felt too lazy to write that so thought "grumbling" would get that idea across with less words. Guess it didn't.



    Yeah, but mostly the die hard fans, and even then plenty of them are wishing Wally had stayed in limbo a while longer to avoid that happening to him. If you aren't a fan of the character, it's a good fire to have burning.



    Oh, I know the reality isn't bloody likely, unfortunately, and yes, being the one out of the room sucks. But like you said, this is the place where fans come to grumble. (Regarding the bolded, did my statement piss you off? Cause it reads like a pissed off attack)

    Plus I feel the need to confess my hate for Jon more often around here just because it feels so unpopular that some people pitch a fit just because I wish he'd disappear. When it feels like I'm being judged for an opinion, it makes me feel the need to shout that opinion out all the louder for some reason.
    someone has a giant stick up their ass

  13. #148
    Fantastic Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Since it is done, I say bring on the LSH.
    I'm not a fan, as you know. I'm also not a fan of every Robin joining a Teen Titans (and especially not them always leading). It's second-verse-same-as-the-first. We've already done Superboy and Supergirl with the Legion. I want younger generation to do new and different heroic things.

  14. #149
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'm not a fan, as you know. I'm also not a fan of every Robin joining a Teen Titans (and especially not them always leading). It's second-verse-same-as-the-first. We've already done Superboy and Supergirl with the Legion. I want younger generation to do new and different heroic things.
    DC: bendis pet superhero team that has not aged well at all is going to be shoved down your throats and you will like it

  15. #150
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    I'd prefer Jon hadn't been aged up at all, but that is done for now. Since it is done, I say bring on the LSH. Maybe down the road he could meet his father when his father was a teen and have some fun interactions. Conner (sp?) being along on that trip too would be even better. Three Superboys meet, interact, and help the LSH defeat an especially dangerous villain.
    it will be cancelled before it even hits the chance for storylines like that. I guarantee it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •