Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Because honestly, if he's going to check in with his Mom about it. It seems like a bigger deal than just going for the weekends.
That's interesting, because I disagree, and I actually think it 100% means it's a back and forth thing.

Just think about it for a second: Jon *just* got back from a trip with his grandfather were he ended up time traveling, and missing years with his parents. So, I'm sure you can imagine how "hey mom, dad, can I go time traveling for a few days" might be a touchy subject. They *just* got him back. So, why wouldn't he check in with his mom? As she clearly expressed in issue 7 through 10, she was not in a good place about this whole age up thing. She held it together because she needed to. Honestly, the fact that the solicit says Jon alone is there makes me think this is anything but an extended goodbye. If it were than Clark would be there too, I feel.

The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking both Rucka and Bendis will frame this similar to Lois' situation. Thus, there's also gonna be a quick and convenient method that only Superman could do that will allow the family to physically interact. For Lois, Bendis has made it clear that Chicago is ultimately like Lois being in the other room for Clark due to his speed, hearing, and sight. And I imagine that, via time bubble, the same superhuman convenience will be afforded here. I believe Bendis has foreshadowed it via Jon's said that allows him to teleport anywhere in the galaxy.

I'm thinking the Rucka is gonna play up how this forms parallels between Lois and Jon. Like his mother, Jon, after *just* getting home, will be find a cause that he feels strongly drawn to, and needs his attention. It's also something that's gonna further shift their family dynamic into something impossible for anyone else but them with the tech, abilities, and friends they have. It's basically Lois getting the Action 1004 talk in a funny way (and possible intentional way).