Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Spectacular Member

Default Looks like Jon is going forward to the future.

It looks like we will finally find out why Jon hasn't been seen or mentioned in Action Comics, Event Leviathan, and in Doomsday Clock. It looks like he is going to be a member of the Legion of Superheroes. Based on the August and September Solicitations of Superman. I am also wondering if DC through the Year of the Villain are going to wipe Jon from everyone's memory and have Clark and Lois forget they ever had a son. With Connor back into the main continuity...Jon has become expendable. Plus Bendis and Johns have never referenced Jon in either Action Comics or Doomsday Clock and neither has anyone else. Could this be Luthor's ultimate revenge on Clark and Lois...making them and the world forget they had a son...even though he is in the future. The Newsarama article is pasted below.

https://www.newsarama.com/45608-legi...FM5G9aiCYPSaEw

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

This bolsters my theory that they're just going to return to the pre-Flashpoint continuity and more or less pretend the last eight years never happened.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    This bolsters my theory that they're just going to return to the pre-Flashpoint continuity and more or less pretend the last eight years never happened.
    That's a big fat nope, as it would also mean getting rid of Jessica Cruz. Both Supergirl and Shazam definitely aren't going back to old continuity either.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Basically confirmed by the Lois Lane #3 solicit with "Jon Kent surprises his mother with a visit to her hideout in Chicago with big news that ties directly into the events of SUPERMAN #15, also on sale this month. While Lois must deal with her now-17-year-old son making life-changing decisions..."
    Buh-bye

He's joining the Legion for sure (that's clearly the reason they aged him up), but I doubt he'll be forgotten in the present, at least during the current run.
    Like anything that happens in DC's books, he'll eventually be retconned.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    He's joining the Legion for sure (that's clearly the reason they aged him up), but I doubt he'll be forgotten in the present, at least during the current run.
    well like superlad said in another thread, bendis teased damian and Jon meeting up again, so he'll definitely still make trips back to the present.

Man, just thinking about this has me so excited..Jon's personality is perfect for the legion.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don't think jon will be retconned out of existence in the near future.i believe, jon has gotten popular enough. Then again, you can never trust the editorial. I just hope they atleast send him off properly,unlike chris.
    I hope bendis delivers on his supersons reunion promise.i said it once and i will say it again. Legion is no replacement for supersons.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I have a feeling you are correct (not that Jon will be erased just rendered an irrelevant background character who is seldom seen or mentioned in Superman books). Oh well, it was fun while it lasted I guess...
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-17-2019 at 02:06 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I know I'll get flack for this, but I really hope this is a way to shuffle him off for a while until people lose interest and he can be retconned away.
    And I wish he'd take Damian to the future with him, again with the hope they'll both eventually be forgotten about.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I know I'll get flack for this, but I really hope this is a way to shuffle him off for a while until people lose interest and he can be retconned away.
    And I wish he'd take Damian to the future with him, again with the hope they'll both eventually be forgotten about.
    Damian is far too popular for that to ever happen, but with Jon, you might just get your wish.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I dont get why people are assuming Jon will be in the Legion and nowhere else. Clark was with the Legion but still had plenty of adventures in his own era with his own supporting cast and rogues gallery.

There is literally no reason Jon can't do the same thing. I fully expect to see him in Superman, Legion, and possibly a team-book set in the modern day like Super Sons or Titans.

Seriously, Jon can do it just like Clark did; leave Friday night at 8:00 for the future, spend a few days with the Legion, then return home Friday night at 8:01, go on patrol with his dad until 11:00, then spend Saturday with Damian.
    That's very true. Also opens Superman up to more potential Legion adventures, so that's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    DC isn't going to see it that way. They put out a good book with the Super Sons, and it's not selling. They're not going to care about excuses like "oh, its a flashback so absolutely nobody cares about it!" If Jon had as much support as he appears to, and people were really as upset over the aging as they appear to be online, those people would be grabbing the title off the shelves as the "last gasp."

Jon's only been around what, two-three years? He's not a staple, he's an experiment in bringing a Silver Age "Elseworlds" style idea to the mainstream market (just like Clark-Diana dating was). They're not going to care or be as invested in Jon as the fans are. And if the only book in mainstream direct market sales where he's still ten isn't selling that's just going to tell DC that ten-year-old Jon doesn't have the support the internet makes it look like he has. If all of Jon's fans decided to drop Super Sons because of the age-up, they're just cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

Ive been buying the book and I dont even think Clark should have a kid (I do like Jon though, even if he shouldnt exist). Where's everyone else?
    I don't know.. I think Jon will be around awhile. This feels like it has more permanence, but that may just be me. The one comparison that would make me think that DC would understand a difference in sales is comparing the Super-Sons situation with "Superman: Lois & Clark." I bought those because I wanted to show "my" Superman had viability, but it didn't sell anywhere near the numbers of the main book. So, in all honesty, the numbers here shouldn't surprise them too much.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Yeah! Well. I am a true superman fan. So, "i will always remember"

. It was a fantastic yet disappointing run with the kid while it lasted. Jon has become my surprise favourite. I went it lois ans clark to know more about preflashpoint superman. I am gonna miss the kid and what could have been.I ended up with a character that is heart warming. At this, point i am beginning to realise why clark will always be seen as an archetype more than a character. Because his world is never allowed to expand,but to be changed and rebooted. Rebirth was supposed to be the antithesis to that, they even tried to encorpate new 52.
    At the end, of the day Clark's greatest tragedy will always be this, not whether his parents are alive or his planet exploded.

That comic forgot Mon-El/Valor/Lar Gand, who I believe was the first kid to be screwed over by Clark's attempts to help. Granted, Clark was just a teenager himself, but he still trapped someone he called "brother" in the Phantom Zone for a thousand years.

Actually....maybe the first was young Lex? I forget whether the Mon-El thing happened before the Lex thing. And Lex was responsible for his own downfall, really.....but still, another kid screwed up by Clark trying to help.

This is what I've been saying. Clark and family? They don't go together. Never have.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah! Well. I am a true superman fan. So, "i will always remember"
    Dude, everyone here is a true Superman fan, whether we all like Jon or not (decidedly not in my case).

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Bendis and DC's goal is to make Legion an A list book, so I wouldn't put your hopes in that.
    Damn, now I'm conflicted. On one hand, son of Superman dumb, but on the other Legion good...

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Bendis and DC's goal is to make Legion an A list book, so I wouldn't put your hopes in that.