Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    I think it's fine if Clark wants his boy to see some of the stuff he had growing up and helped shape him into a man but for me the problem is it doesn't seem like these guys in charge can quite swallow their pride and just admit Kahn, Levitz, Bryne et al were wrong about Supes childhood. Instead they've got to do Superboy their way which is just trying to tip toe around the idea that the former got it wrong since it's the basis of Post-Crisis continuity. Just suck it up and admit Superboy was better than whatever it was you guys could come up with, the way Johns is thumbing his noes at people in Doomsday Clock and trying to hail Post-Crisis Superman as some kind of amalgamation of every Superman that came before but the guy consistently pulls the most boring angles possible on the guy and whines when people point out that people from 50 something years ago did it better.
    What are you talking about? How is this anyway related to jon being send off to legion? Post crisis superman being whiny or doomsday clock is in no way related to this. And jon most certainly doesn't need the legion. He is not clark. They are similar but not the same.
    Jon kent superboy would be better off joining the titans or better yet return the supersons.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    What are you talking about? How is this anyway related to jon being send off to legion? Post crisis superman being whiny or doomsday clock is in no way related to this. And jon most certainly doesn't need the legion. He is not clark. They are similar but not the same.
    Jon kent superboy would be better off joining the titans or better yet return the supersons.
    I'm saying that Jon going to the future with the Legion is fine but they need to bite the bullet and actually admit that they had no business altering Superman's childhood so radically in the first place. Either reinstate Superboy as his canon childhood or something very similar along with the Legion adventures and let his son in on that stuff.

As for the teen titans, eh that's an angle but that feels like a book that refers strictly to a particular line up and anything outside of it is destined to be just a foot note. The Legion probably has great flexibility because of it's vastness.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

The Legion isn’t a replacement for the Supersons, but it is better in every way.

While Supersons was the only book where ten year old Jonathan really shined (he wasn’t good in Superman), there’s just no comparison. The Legion will always be cooler than the Supersons. And if you think this is gonna be like the last Legion books - where it gets, like, twelve issues and then it’s cancelled - you’re going to be disappointed. I think we’re finally gonna have a long running Legion book again, which we haven’t had since Waid, I think?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    The Legion isn’t a replacement for the Supersons, but it is better in every way.

While Supersons was the only book where ten year old Jonathan really shined (he wasn’t good in Superman), there’s just no comparison. The Legion will always be cooler than the Supersons. And if you think this is gonna be like the last Legion books - where it gets, like, twelve issues and then it’s cancelled - you’re going to be disappointed. I think we’re finally gonna have a long running Legion book again, which we haven’t had since Waid, I think?
    Dude, he would be sharing panel space with like 50 other characters. Jon already lost any childish charm and panel that presense. His personality has taken a nose dive. How on earth is going to stack up to the legion members in that book? Legion members who already have personality, history with his father. Jon on the other hand is basically a blank slate. Any adventures he had has been muted.
    Atleast, with supersons we can have some semblance of relatable jon back and as main character. Unless the book is called superboy and the Legion of Superheroes. I don't see this helping jon one bit. Just another way of phasing him out.
    So, No. legion is not better for Jon in anyway.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    I'm saying that Jon going to the future with the Legion is fine but they need to bite the bullet and actually admit that they had no business altering Superman's childhood so radically in the first place. Either reinstate Superboy as his canon childhood or something very similar along with the Legion adventures and let his son in on that stuff.

As for the teen titans, eh that's an angle but that feels like a book that refers strictly to a particular line up and anything outside of it is destined to be just a foot note. The Legion probably has great flexibility because of it's vastness.
    My thinking is, if they are just gonna bring back all these pre-Crisis elements anyway, then just bring back the pre-Crisis version altogether. Otherwise what's the point?
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

Bendis ruined Jon and is actively making me unable to support a legion of superhero comic...I won't even watch supergirl(the show) if legion of superheroes come up

The reason for making Jon older is clear to everyone now, but the more I think about it, the less needed it seems.
    If Jon got aged up to join the Legion, why not just have a future version of him go to the 31st century, while in the present they keep him as a kid?
    Missed opportunity to have their cake and eat it too. Heck, future Jon could be a great way to tease details about Superman's future in LoSh and give that book even more relevance.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The reason for making Jon older is clear to everyone now, but the more I think about it, the less needed it seems.
    If Jon got aged up to join the Legion, why not just have a future version of him go to the 31st century, while in the present they keep him as a kid?
    Missed opportunity to have their cake and eat it too. Heck, future Jon could be a great way to tease details about Superman's future in LoSh and give that book even more relevance.
    Very true. Alternatively, if all Bendis wanted was a teen Superboy, He also could have pulled young Clark from the timeline and used it to develop sections of his past or backstory for Clark to draw upon in Superman and Action.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Dude, he would be sharing panel space with like 50 other characters.
    34, apparently! Still a large number!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    It could work, theoretically, but I dont think the appeal of having a Jon from 5-7 years in the future with the Legion would be as strong as using present day Jon. And the Legion doesn't really need a slightly-futuristic Jon to tease details about Clark's future; the Legion already know all that stuff so it can be teased out from their end. And using present day Jon allows for him to bring the Legion into the present for the big Crisis Events and whatnot. It'd be weird for a Jon from 2025 to bring the Legion into 2019 to deal with a threat that, for Jon, passed years ago yknow?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Very true. Alternatively, if all Bendis wanted was a teen Superboy, He also could have pulled young Clark from the timeline and used it to develop sections of his past or backstory for Clark to draw upon in Superman and Action.
    I was thinking it'd be fun for the Legion to pull different Supers for different adventures. Young Clark for one story, Jon for another, Kara or Conner for the next, etc.

That way you could explore the full Superfamily, explore the parallels and differences between Clark's childhood and that of Jon, Kara, Conner, etc.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I’m fine with Jon being aged up and joining the LoS. I’m not a fan of the little kid characters in comics (or pop culture in general). They just remind me of Anakin from Phantom Menace. That “golly gee whiz” cornball routine.

Didn’t we already know this was coming? Age him up, then maroon him with the Legion till eventually he just fades away.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Didn’t we already know this was coming? Age him up, then maroon him with the Legion till eventually he just fades away.
    Legion has now made it to my **** list of titles I will never support under any circumstances. I won't even watch a movie if they made it

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Hasn't Bendis said that Jon was going to be in every issue of Superman going forward or something? It sounds like, if Jon does go to the Legion he'll be doing double-duty between the two books. Week at home, weekends in the future, that sorta thing.

~ Black Panther.