Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    To dipped out. FFS.

Not sure how they out-ran Northstar and Psylocke's telepathy but whatever Brisson.
    The blessing of glob son of Yog-Sothoth king the old ones is more powerful then there powers

Glob gonna call upon Mother Jenova and cast Meteor to destroy this entire AU in the Omega issue.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

This looks good. This book has been decent (same with Xtremists and Prisoner X. I also enjoy Apocalypse and the Xtracts).

I do not know enough about Northstar. Does he have the necessary reflexes to use his super speed in closed environments without being stamped against a wall?

I have always understood that what sets it apart from, for example, Quicksilver is that he sees the world at a normal speed and has a harder time maintaining it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Glob gonna call upon Mother Jenova and cast Meteor to destroy this entire AU in the Omega issue.
    If that means that doing so eventually leads to his glorious death, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I do not know enough about Northstar. Does he have the necessary reflexes to use his super speed in closed environments without being stamped against a wall?

I have always understood that what sets it apart from, for example, Quicksilver is that he sees the world at a normal speed and has a harder time maintaining it.
    That was the line for the Beaubier twins way back in the Byrne era of Alpha Flight (though it never made sense - without the accompanying reflexes, super-speed is kinda useless). Even under Byrne, it mostly got ignored save as an explanation for why the twins occasionally got KO'd. Subsequent writers have ignored it and the twins' powers have been warped so many times since then that it can probably be handwaved off these days.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 06-15-2019 at 12:44 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    How the hell did they manage to outrun Northstar?
    Plot convenience! Somehow four rookie mutants somehow are able to on par with Psylocke, Iceman, Northstar & Blob. No wonder Department X have been having trouble keeping the world in check. Same goes for Betsy not just telepathically ravaging their minds and shutting them down. Alas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Well I guess the “explosion gives Anole a new design” theory was so much dumber than “explosion literally does nothing to Anole or his costume except he’s weak for a few panels.”
    And apparently doesn't kill a single individual either. I mean, I'm glad we didn't get Anole blowing himself and others up for a 'righteous cause' (that sure would have been problematic) especially so soon after the vaccine incident (though that wasn't his own intent as we soon found out). Sigh. Guess Anole is all lil again. No sign of his monstrous arm, tail or the Cthulhu tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Marcus To better be working on Hickman's Wave 1 books.
    I sure hope so. I would have no problems with him being on a NextGen ongoing with a selection of our beloved young mutants. I wanna see his take on Nature Girl, Hellion & Gentle

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    That was the line for the Beaubier twins way back in the Byrne era of Alpha Flight (though it never made sense - without the accompanying reflexes, super-speed is kinda useless). Even under Byrne, it mostly got ignored save as an explanation for why the twins occasionally got KO'd. Subsequent writers have ignored it and the twins' powers have been warped so many times since then that it can probably be handwaved off these days.
    It may be that Northstar/Quicksilver are like Usain Bolt/Bruce Lee, both are fast but in different ways.