Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Playing CATCH UP

Hello humans of the DC board! Hope you’re all doing pretty good.

Anyway, I dropped DC after that New 52 thing that happened. Tragic that, interrupted several comics I was reading and following... anyway, I picked up Futures End and Convergence and then read the Batman Beyond Comic up until they got rid of Future Tim (he’s dead isn’t he? You don’t have to tell me... I know... but seriously, is he dead?) and then I pretty much dropped DC again. So I was wondering what’s going on with the comic line? Is it worth come back to? If it is, where should I start? I heard they did another reboot, was it that Rebirth thing that I skipped out on?

My favorite DC character is(was?) Booster Gold, is he still being used? What is going on with the Batkids and the Green Lanterns?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Rufio; 06-14-2019 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Forgot a word

Booster is still at play but his two biggest stories of late were written by Tom King (who has had a bit of a controversial streak lately) so you may not like what happened with him.

For the Batkids:
    - Future Tim is gone and Tim Drake is leading Young Justice under Bendis with Cassie Sandsmark. Conner Kent, Impulse, and new members Jenny Hex and Teen Lantern
    -Jason Todd had a falling out with Batman and lost his team in one fell swoop so he's gone a little darker lately (the story is still good tho)
    - Nightwing has amnesia, is going by Ric right now and is working with a team of replacement Nightwings
    - Damian is still leading the Teen Titans with Red Arrow, Kid Flash Wallace West and some new characters; Roundhouse, Crush, and Djinn
    - Batgirl is doing her own thing but I'm not following so I unfortunately don't know what
    - Spoiler is MIA
    - Cassandra Cain and Duke Thomas are on Outsiders with Katana led by Black Lightning.

For Lanterns:

- Jessica Cruz is on a Space Justice League team with Cyborg, Starfire, Darkseid, and Azrael
    - Simon Baz and Guy Gardner are MIA
    - John Stewart is on the Justice League with a new power ring that hasn't been explored yet
    - Kyle is on the Titans but that book got canned
    - Hal Jordan is space in is solo book.

Also there is this new character named Naomi (created by Bendis) who's story I've been enjoying and has been making waves. I would say it's looking like she may be the breakout new character of this year for DC.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-14-2019 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Organization
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

All and all, there are some really solid stuff (even outside of those) but, per usual, there will be people who claim there is nothing good out there. It depends on what you are looking for and how willing you are to try some other smaller stuff.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Booster is still at play but his two biggest stories were written by Tom King (who has had a bit of a controversial streak lately) so you may not like what happened with him.

For the Batkids:
    Future Tim is gone, Tim Drake is leading Young Justice under Bendis, Jason Todd had a falling out with Batman and lost his team in one fell swoop so he's gone a little darker lately (the story is still good tho), Nightwing has amnesia, is going by Ric right now and is working with a team of replacement Nightwings, Damian is still leading the Teen Titans, Spoiler is MIA, Cassandra Cain and Duke Thomas are on Outsiders with Katana led by Black Lightning.

For Lanterns:

Jessica Cruz is on a Space Justice League team with Cyborg, Starfire, Darkseid, and Azrael, Simon Baz and Guy Gardner are MIA, John is on the Justice League, Kyle is on the Titans but that book got canned, and Hal Jordan is space in is solo book.
    Thanks, lemonpeace! Oh no, that scares me actually. Were they consistently written?

There are a few names I don’t recognize, and that might be because I was already making my way from DC before I actually jumped shipped. I kind of know who Duke is and I know Jessica only in name. Boy things have really changed if Darkseid on a team! ...I like Spoiler, Simon and Guy.

Do you think I can just jump in, or should I back track?

All and all, there are some really solid stuff (even outside of those) but, per usual, there will be people who claim there is nothing good out there. It depends on what you are looking for and how willing you are to try some other smaller stuff.

I’m willing to give things a try. Forgot to ask, is Jason just “dark” or is he a villain again?

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    I’m willing to give things a try. Forgot to ask, is Jason just “dark” or is he a villain again?
    Mainly just dark but it's understandable given what he went through in the story. I don't wanna spoil it you just have to read it but he's been THROUGH IT through it.

currently following:

Thanks, lemonpeace! Oh no, that scares me actually. Were they consistently written?

There are a few names I don’t recognize, and that might be because I was already making my way from DC before I actually jumped shipped. I kind of know who Duke is and I know Jessica only in name. Boy things have really changed if Darkseid on a team! ...I like Spoiler, Simon and Guy.

Do you think I can just jump in, or should I back track?
    Well the first story informs why he's in the second one so I guess it's consistent but he's been traumatized a bit

Justice League Odyssey and Young Justice are pretty easy to jump on too because they are relatively new book, Outsiders is only 2 issues in but to get the full context you may need to read Bryan Hill's 5 issue run on Detective, but it's mainly to understand why Duke is a little traumatized so you can do without it. Jason's story you can jump in at #26 but you need the full run to really feel it. Nightwing I only jumped on at around 55.

currently following:

Mainly just dark but it's understandable given what he went through in the story. I don't wanna spoil it you just have to read it but he's been THROUGH IT through it.
    Oh okay, I get you. I’ll just it out because angst is a genre I like beating myself up with. That’s his current book? Is it Red Hood or something else? You wouldn’t happen to know what happed to Roy Harper, would you? Sorry for all the questions, I just keep digging deeper.

Oddly enough... I’m kinda excited to check into these this...

Oh okay, I get you. I’ll just it out because angst is a genre I like beating myself up with. That’s his current book? Is it Red Hood or something else? You wouldn’t happen to know what happed to Roy Harper, would you? Sorry for all the questions, I just keep digging deeper.

Oddly enough... I’m kinda excited to check into these this...
    Oh boy, Roy is....dead....it ties directly to Booster's situation.

As for Jason, yeah it's his current book Red Hood and the Outlaws but it's currently titled Red Hood: Outlaw while his team is gone

currently following:

Oh boy, Roy is....dead....it ties directly to Booster's situation.

As for Jason, yeah it's his current book Red Hood and the Outlaws but it's currently titled Red Hood: Outlaw while his team is gone
    Okay, so with your other post, I kinda know where I’m going to jump in. Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to answer my inquiries.

Ah... poor guy, I’ll have to check that out. He’s has terrible luck, doesn’t he?

Okay, so with your other post, I kinda know where I’m going to jump in. Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to answer my inquiries.

Ah... poor guy, I’ll have to check that out. He’s has terrible luck, doesn’t he?
    Yeah man, no problemo, I just wanted to make sure I gave as positive an answer as soon as possible before any negative nellys skewed your perception.

Yeah, Roy was having a rough go of it prior to his death. However, it's comics so what is dead may never die; he may return yet.

currently following:

Yeah man, no problemo, I just wanted to make sure I gave as positive an answer as soon as possible before any negative nellys skewed your perception.

Yeah, Roy was having a rough go of it prior to his death. However, it's comics so what is dead may never die; he may return yet.
    I was actually kinda expecting some because everything is awful always. Some things never change. So with that, I’m totally going to check out the Booster and Jason stuff... and probably outsiders because it is still fresh. And maybe dabble with the other items too.

This is true, may he come back to get kicked around again. (I love the character, I really do.)

Forgot to ask: what is up with Wally West? I heard they brought in another one...

I was actually kinda expecting some because everything is awful always. Some things never change. So with that, I’m totally going to check out the Booster and Jason stuff... and probably outsiders because it is still fresh. And maybe dabble with the other items too.

This is true, may he come back to get kicked around again. (I love the character, I really do.)
    Good choices! Booster's stories are The Gift (in Batman #45-47) and Heroes in Crisis btw. I'd also recommend Naomi, it's a sweet, beautifully draw book and has enough cosmic intrigue to make her a worthy addition to the DC Universe.

currently following:

Good choices! Booster's stories are The Gift (in Batman #45-47) and Heroes in Crisis btw. I'd also recommend Naomi, it's a sweet, beautifully draw book and has enough cosmic intrigue to make her a worthy addition to the DC Universe.
    Cool, thanks, I’ll check those out as soon as I am able.

She’s a new character? That’s a great review, I’ll check that one out just because of that.