Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spectacular Member

Booster was also in Action Comics after the events of The Oz Effect, which should be issues 993 to 998

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Forgot to ask: what is up with Wally West? I heard they brought in another one...
    Oh, I didn't see this one. There is another Wally West who goes by Wallace West. He is the cousin of the original Wally and he is the current Kid Flash. Long story short, New 52 they recast Wally as a black kid, older readers (understandably) were not cool with this (but imo the hate got blown outta proportion a smidge) and eventually they brought back OG Wally, had the new Wally go by Wallace, and explained their familial connection. Currently, Wallace is enjoying a regular spot next to Damian on Teen Titans and Wally has committed mass-manslaughter after a series of unfortunate events involving time-travel, Hunter Zolomon, hyper-time, his pre-New 52 life, and a place called Sanctuary. It was recently announced he will be getting a new book called Flash Forward written by Scott Lobdel.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Oh, I didn't see this one. There is another Wally West who goes by Wallace West. He is the cousin of the original Wally and he is the current Kid Flash. Long story short, New 52 they recast Wally as a black kid, older readers (understandably) were not cool with this (but imo the hate got blown outta proportion a smidge) and eventually they brought back OG Wally, had the new Wally go by Wallace, and explained their familial connection. Currently, Wallace is enjoying a regular spot next to Damian on Teen Titans and Wally has committed mass-manslaughter after a series of unfortunate events involving time-travel, Hunter Zolomon, hyper-time, his pre-New 52 life, and a place called Sanctuary. It was recently announced he will be getting a new book called Flash Forward written by Scott Lobdel.
    Thanks for coming back!

Okay, I get it now. I remember when New 52 Wally first arrived. I wasn’t too thrilled just because he was such a different character. I didn’t like that he was younger and had no connection the other titans, but I eventually dropped everything before I found out how that went. I should probably learn about Wallace and I guess I’ll be reading about Wally’s misfortunes as i move along.

And thanks again for all the information, I really appreciate it!

Booster will also play a big part in the Legion of Super-Heroes: Millennium event in September/October.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Thanks for coming back!

Okay, I get it now. I remember when New 52 Wally first arrived. I wasn’t too thrilled just because he was such a different character. I didn’t like that he was younger and had no connection the other titans, but I eventually dropped everything before I found out how that went. I should probably learn about Wallace and I guess I’ll be reading about Wally’s misfortunes as i move along.

And thanks again for all the information, I really appreciate it!
    Wallace is a pretty cool kid, he's had an odd trajectory (became a Teen Titan, got kicked off and worked for Deathstroke for a time, then he came back to the Teen Titans) but I dig how he's progressing. I would've liked for him to spend more time with Wally tho.

No problem man!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Booster will also play a big part in the Legion of Super-Heroes: Millennium event in September/October.
    This I didn't know. Hmm, I may check this out.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man27 View Post
    Booster was also in Action Comics after the events of The Oz Effect, which should be issues 993 to 998
    Sorry, I did not see this. I’ll be sure to hunt that down. Is that legacy numbering going on? Or what with that? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Thanks for the information! I guess I decided to check things in time for a new event. Do you know if this event will tie into anything previous?

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Wallace is a pretty cool kid, he's had an odd trajectory (became a Teen Titan, got kicked off and worked for Deathstroke for a time, then he came back to the Teen Titans) but I dig how he's progressing. I would've liked for him to spend more time with Wally tho.

No problem man!
    Aw c’mon, DC... the kid was Wally for a time, let them hang.

Alrighty, I might have to back track for some of that... eventually. Sounds odd indeed.

Thanks for all the information, everyone. I appreciate it and will start backtracking and looking into some of this new stuff.

Actually I have another question if anyone is hanging around...

What happened to Static? Last time I was reading comics he went through this storyline where his family moved to New York (because only everyone lives in New York) and then lost his arm. Is all that still canon?

I just keep randomly thinking of these things...

What happened to Static? Last time I was reading comics he went through this storyline where his family moved to New York (because only everyone lives in New York) and then lost his arm. Is all that still canon?

Static losing his arm was part of the New52 launch gore fad (see Legion Lost #1 for more stuff similar to this particular case). I don't think it's still canon.

It's still debatable if Static is part of the DC Universe still, though.
    DC hasn't really committed to making it official, and he appears to be under the same type of rules they have for the Wildstorm characters.
    IIRC, he was removed from promotional art for Justice League United during DCYou.
    DC may think he's too much of a hassle to deal with.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Static and the rest of the Milestone imprint have been held hostage due to a dispute with Dwayne Mcduffie's estate. McDuffie died around the time of the New 52 so they were able to get some of the Milestone characters (like Static's solo title) out but almost immediately afterward there were problems regarding his estate's shares and ownership. This part is all alleged so take it with a grain of salt, his wife felt that DC was shifting and ducking her, and early on there were talks that they tried to buy her out but it was way below what she felt was acceptable given the shares the McDuffie estate were supposed to have and that ended up falling through. A couple years back the made plans to relaunch a Milestone 2.0, but this came into conflict with the Mcduffie estate once again, who felt they were trying to gyp them out of their intellectual property rights and they've been in a legal stalemate since. How much of this is true and how much is missing is up in the air but tl;dr it's a pissing contest between the McDuffies and DC with McDuffie's legacy held hostage in the meantime.

currently following:

@Lee Stone: Sorry, I was at work when I asked that and had a good response going and then I got distracted and lost it all...

I do remember the Legion Lost thing... kinda. I think that is why I avoided the title. I remember that Wildstorm was affected by the New 52, so are those titles not part of the DC universe anymore?

@lemonpeace: I’m just going to keep picking the comic knowledge from your brain. That is all very interesting and somewhat frustrating. I’d be nice if something good were to come for the character, whether it is with DC or not. As a fan, I would like to see him in the DC universe.

@Lee Stone: Sorry, I was at work when I asked that and had a good response going and then I got distracted and lost it all...

I do remember the Legion Lost thing... kinda. I think that is why I avoided the title. I remember that Wildstorm was affected by the New 52, so are those titles not part of the DC universe anymore?

@lemonpeace: I’m just going to keep picking the comic knowledge from your brain. That is all very interesting and somewhat frustrating. I’d be nice if something good were to come for the character, whether it is with DC or not. As a fan, I would like to see him in the DC universe.
    I'm not sure how much information I can offer, I'm relatively new to comics (maybe like 4 years now(?) reading the actual comics), but I'm always down to offer whatever knowledge I can

As for Milestone and Static, yeah that's pretty much now we all feel. There is a remarkable void felt in the absence of Milestone and Mcduffie, and I wish DC or the estate could come to a compromise because a) there's so much money left on the table with Milestone in this current cultural climate but more importantly b) the longer this drags on the more damage it does to Dwayne Mcduffie's legacy. I mean, Static and Icon were the black Spider-man and Superman years before Miles Morales or Blue Marvel were a thought.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-18-2019 at 09:38 PM.

currently following:

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

In Rebirth, Midnighter made one issue cameo on Nightwing since he's a supporting character in Grayson, then mentioned in Detective Comics. His own mini with Apollo, a continuation of his mini solo, which itself spun out of Grayson, so all of these are the same character in the same DC Universe, went on for a while before being canceled. After that, I don't know.