Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Aquaman Silver Age Omnibus
    John Byrne Doom Patrol Omnibus
    Jonah Hex Bronze Age Omnibus
    G Willow Wilson Wonder Woman hc

I’m looking forward to the Inferior Five. Gerard Way is finally getting back to writing Doom Patrol? I thought it was cancelled because of all of the delays. Flash Forward looks interesting. With all the DC I’m adding to my Marvel my wallet is going to be hurting. Of course the Legion is finally back even if Bendis is writing it I will be checking that out as well.

Thoughts:

- "Council of Lex's." Man, Hickman should've put a copyright on the idea of characters visiting a council of themselves across dimensions...

- I love the idea that Riddler didn't get any Year of the Villain offers because "resources are limited." That's got to sting.

- I'm sure there are probably fans open to the Harley and Ivy book, but with the way they've been handled in the comics (a little too holier then thou, popularity power overriding plot, HiC, downplaying their villainous traits), I'm just not particularly enthused about it.

- Nice to see the Legion finally back and a cool reminder of all the different futures of the DCU .

- Tom Taylor always seems to find room for the characters he likes, although I think this will be the most he's done with Mr. Terrific and Big Barda.

- I want to hope for the best with the new Wally book, but there's just so much to worry about...the creative team, DC Editorial, the HiC fallout, whether Wally will still be Wally or even The Flash .

- Somehow a DC monsters book by Steve Orlando is not the most surprising thing ever. Also nice to see the return of some DC monster characters who haven't been as prominent lately.

- Random comic referencing Invasion! is random.

- I'm guessing Mera's "life-altering decision" concerns her betrothal. Also curious what's behind Manta's father being revived (is that Luthor's gift and not the giant robot?).

- Well, of course Slade didn't stay dead, although whether Joey counts as the "good son" anymore with how Priest has developed him is probably up to interpretation...

- Cool that Dial H is sticking around for longer. Not often I see a mini get extended unless it's doing well.

- That protruding chest area...I can almost kind of see the thought behind Leviathan possibly being a woman.

- So Captain Cold is upgrading The Rogues while Barry is contemplating letting the Speed Force die...yeah, I'm not expecting that to go well.

- Carol! Not crazy about the costume or haircut, but it's nice to see Morrison finally use her in some form.

- "Shadowlands," isn't that the same place Shade foisted The Flashes in the second arc of Williamson's run?

- Here comes the JSA .

- The idea of an Injustice League Dark is pretty cool, as is the membership, but why does Circe now look like the Queen of Fables?

- Darkseid has "heralds" now? And it looks like it's the JLO team (minus Jessica) who are filling out the roles.

- I'm going to miss Scooby-Doo Team-Up, but it's nice that they're bringing it full-circle with one last Batman team-up. Maybe they're ending it so they can revive it as a tie-in to the upcoming team-up Scooby-Doo cartoon.

- I'm still kind of surprised (I guess in a good way) that Damian's Titans are still together at this point.

I'm glad they didn't call Injustice League Dark 'Justice League Dark Dark'.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

I think that the 3 people on the cover of Justice League Odyssey are new because that's definitely not Starfire and Azareal in the background and Cyborg never had Bane like tubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I'm glad they didn't call Injustice League Dark 'Justice League Dark Dark'.
    Justice League Darker
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Ugh...OF COURSE Rucka is bringing back the Montoya Question. It's a terrible character choice that he's fetishized to the point of being laughable.

And so dies any potential enthusiasm I had for the Lois Lane book.
    I think there's at least an opportunity for fun to be had in the two Questions trying to reconcile Charlie being New 52ed then Rebirthed back into existence. Maybe they can even answer what the hell the Trinity of Sin Question was supposed to be.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member

Top tens?

1. Somebody might try to do something interesting with Riddler.
    2. Harley & Ivy official should be pretty cool.
    3. Stjepan Sejic cutting loose.
    4. More Steve Orlando riffing Morrison is an insta-buy.
    5. That Peacemaker backup.
    6. Deathstroke.
    7. Carol's new uniform.
    8. Justice Doom.
    9. Injustice League Dark sounds like hella fun. Counter-corps concept. Floronic v. Swampy, Circe v. Diana, Midnite v. Hellblazer, etc ... who the heck does Grundy counter?
    10. All in on Lois Lane.

Morbid curiosity: Flash Forward.
    Dead horse: More dark multiverse grimdark.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Justice League Darker
    Heh...
    Sounds like a beer.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

The usual sadness...

However there is one good news, Wonder Twins has been extended to 12 issues.
    So, my pull list is still of 3 books:
    Batman
    Wonder Twins
    Young justice

Incredible Member

Last Knight on Earth #3 isn't listed. If it was sticking to it's intended bi-monthly schedule, the last issue should be in September.
    Also, I know not many people are reading it, but second month in a row High Level isn't listed.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I think there's at least an opportunity for fun to be had in the two Questions trying to reconcile Charlie being New 52ed then Rebirthed back into existence. Maybe they can even answer what the hell the Trinity of Sin Question was supposed to be.
    If they can do that without sacrificing Vic in order to make Montoya relevant, I'd be okay with it.

Spectacular Member

I would bet on Scooby Doo Team Up being relaunched under a new title, Scooby Doo, Where are You which is still running replaced a Scooby Doo comic that DC had run for 13 years and I believe reprints stories from that comics in Where are You.

A 100 Page Giant for both Looney Tunes and Scooby Doo makes a lot of sense but it's surprising DC didn't do it sooner.

Honestly this is the first time I've been excited about DC solicits in a while.

I'll be adding Legion:Millenium to my list, keeping the extended Wonder Twins,
    as well as my regular pulls:
    Superman, Supergirl, Action, Flash, Wonder Woman, Batman, Green Lantern, Hawkman, Teen Titans, Young Justice, Justice League.

Having the JSA return in JL also makes that a must read!

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Young Justice won't be shipping in September because they are taking the month off to "get the art team on a winning course."

Source: Bendis' twitter.