Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    So, are you arguing Post Crisis Superman is a universe buster +?

Also, what is all of this cosmology talk? The scans you post have sayings like "vague thought" and "wisp of spirit" and so forth. "Thought forms" dont seem particularly comparable to real tangible versions of themselves imo. Like astral plane stuff at best.
    You can call Post-Crisis Superman is a universe buster or whatever you like, I don't want to put a character( Especially like Superman those have many appearances and many different writers) in a specially levels since different writers make his power levels varying, My arguing is Superman did it( Smashing infinite realities, Surviving a sun-eater explosion) or didn't( He smashing infinite realities just a mental thing, Or he not surviving a sun-eater explosion etc)

And is "an insubstantial spirit" not a merely thought and I already posted souls = energy, Astral plane also is energy in dematteis cosmology

Superman smashing infinite realities not just a mental thing, Because he need enough energy(Himself) to smash infinite realities, So you can say it not physically, But certainly not just a mental thing

"i'm actually experiencing another plane of reality!disease doesn't just happen on the physically level...it begins in the aura....the energy field....and then moves down the doy from there...and these...."superman" are thought-forms of the astral world!"
    https://i.imgur.com/Z3TpJd2.jpg
    "you're a discarnate soul,a thing of spirit,energy"
    https://i.imgur.com/4YGtzWO.jpg
    "as a green lantern you learned all about the uses of will,didn't you?how,in concert with imagination,it can harness energy--and manifest miracles"
    "then i free you from your self-imposed limitations"
    https://i.imgur.com/4YGtzWO.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/73onWvz.jpg
    "you see,existence itself is nothing more than energy"
    https://i.imgur.com/fCX9Mng.jpg

Besides, Superman his body containning the energy which could smash infintie realities, So certainly his physical form also should be that strong
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 06-22-2019 at 11:34 AM.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

You arguing Superman legitimately smashed up "infinite realities" is in fact you making the argument that he is a universe buster at minimum.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

You arguing Superman legitimately smashed up "infinite realities" is in fact you making the argument that he is a universe buster at minimum.
    He's also like ... using "DeMatteis Cosmology" to argue that the spirt/aura of a thing = physicality. Using (at least some) scans not at all related to the feats he's pushing to justify it. Not to mention the fact he's ignoring board rules.

It's a waste of effort to respond, really.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Maybe, But I'm more incline to "Superman as powerful as need to be" , For example:he could tanking fifty times supernova in his weakened but also will be koed by a supernova( Both happened in Geoff's era).
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    He's also like ... using "DeMatteis Cosmology" to argue that the spirt/aura of a thing = physicality. Using (at least some) scans not at all related to the feats he's pushing to justify it. Not to mention the fact he's ignoring board rules.

It's a waste of effort to respond, really.
    Same writer, At least more than believable than just some users' imagination,
    not at all related to the feats
    Sorry, Could you posting superman smashed up infinite realities just mental thing statement? At least my arguing based on the same writer logic not an imagination without any proof

Besieds, I never said "argue that the spirt/aura of a thing = physicality",

Superman smashing infinite realities not just a mental thing, Because he need enough energy(Himself) to smash infinite realities, So you can say it not physically, But certainly not just a mental thing
    Do you really read my posts?
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 06-22-2019 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    Same writer, At least more than believable than just some users' imagination, Sorry, Could you posting superman smashed up infinite realities just mental thing statement? At least my arguing based on the same writer logic not an imagination without any proof
    The scans Dork Knight posted show it's all in his head. Your argument being based on things shown by the same writer also don't matter, as far as it goes.

Again, I urge you to read the board rules. Because at this point you're just wasting everyone's time.

Besieds, I never said "argue that the spirt/aura of a thing = physicality",
    Never said it in so many words, no. Took a lot more.

Do you really read my posts?
    Unfortunately, yes.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The scans Dork Knight posted show it's all in his head. Your argument being based on things shown by the same writer also don't matter, as far as it goes.
    I don't understand, That superman smashing infinite realities is mental thing conclusion was came by that he is a spirit, And later I posting even spirit was not just merely thought but rather an energy

But somehow my is not all related to the feat even it is come from the same writer, But yours is more related to the feat than me even the comic only statement is superman smashed up infinite realities?

Besides, Dork Knight also posted another comic( Day of Judgment, And that comic even not the same writer)

Edit
    Skimmed the board rules, But I'm not found anything contradicting my words. My sources all was come from canon comics
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 06-22-2019 at 01:19 PM.

I don't understand, That superman smashing infinite realities is mental thing conclusion was came by that he is a spirit, And later I posting even spirit was not just merely thought but rather an energy

But somehow my is not all related to the feat even it is come from the same writer, But yours is more related to the feat than me even the comic only statement is superman smashed up infinite realities?
    Same Writer does not equal 'high-end feats consistent with character presentation', which is what matters hereabouts. Not to mention, you again, are trying to argue that spirt (aura/soul) = physicality (energy), in a way that it simply does not, here.

Besides, Dork Knight also posted another comic( Day of Judgment, And that comic even not the same writer)
    That is not how feat appraisal works here. The writer does not matter, 'high-end feats consistent with character presentation"'do. Again, read the rul-

Edit
    Skimmed the board rules, But I'm not found anything contradicting my words. My sources all was come from canon comics
    Skimmed ? Yea ... this is a complete waste of time.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Same Writer does not equal 'high-end feats consistent with character presentation', which is what matters hereabouts. Not to mention, you again, are trying to argue that spirt (aura/soul) = physicality (energy), in a way that it simply does not, here.

That is not how feat appraisal works here. The writer does not matter, 'high-end feats consistent with character presentation"'do. Again, read the rul-

Skimmed ? Yea ... this is a complete waste of time.
    Okay, I understand the rules, I will take my leave, My bad not reading the rules

Anyway, Thanks for the clear up

Okay, I understand the rules, I will take my leave, My bad not reading the rules

Anyway, Thanks for the clear up
    Hey, props for owning up to it like that.

The Rules take some time to figure out, but are a valuable component on how we do things here. No harm no foul! =)
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Hey, props for owning up to it like that.

The Rules take some time to figure out, but are a valuable component on how we do things here. No harm no foul! =)
    Thanks! Sorry about my attitude, Not reading the rules before I posting.
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 06-22-2019 at 03:01 PM.

It is in fact a tie in to the main comic (Day of Judgement). The entire episode takes place inside his head in the tie in, while in the main comic Lois is not even involved, all that happens is Superman gets possessed, then throws Neron out /up.

It is not from some unrelated event, the two comics I used are basically the tie in and the main comic

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    It is in fact a tie in to the main comic (Day of Judgement). The entire episode takes place inside his head in the tie in, while in the main comic Lois is not even involved, all that happens is Superman gets possessed, then throws Neron out /up.

It is not from some unrelated event, the two comics I used are basically the tie in and the main comic
    Lois was "soul" been taken by neron not her physicality, The entire story never showing it only just happened in Superman's head or just an illusion, Superman soul smashing infinite realities is not contradicting with my opinion and the spirit did it not mean it just happened in his head( And more think about it: Neron is a demon swallowing souls, Deadman trying to possessing Superman( Neron) and find out superman already been possessed by someone else, So it certainly related to astral plane and then we will back to what astral/spirit plane is?)

Lois was "soul" been taken by neron not her physicality, which even been posted by yourself:https://i.postimg.cc/mTY7L6d5/RCO037.jpg
    , So your
    The entire episode takes place inside his head in the tie in, while in the main comic Lois is not even involved
    is a moot

Edit

And even you considering Day Of Judgment, The souls still not equal to "just happens in our own head" We saw Hal punches spectre when he was a soul
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 06-22-2019 at 07:31 PM.

So, to try to un-derail this thread, what about animated versions of each?

Superman and Godzilla both have multiple animated series, if I recall.

How does a composite animated version of each fare against the other?

Astonishing Member

Unless there is an animated Supes, I missed - the latest anime Godzilla is a beast that might not even notice the animated Superman.