Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35
  1. #16
    Spectacular Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    So, are you arguing Post Crisis Superman is a universe buster +?

    Also, what is all of this cosmology talk? The scans you post have sayings like "vague thought" and "wisp of spirit" and so forth. "Thought forms" dont seem particularly comparable to real tangible versions of themselves imo. Like astral plane stuff at best.
    You can call Post-Crisis Superman is a universe buster or whatever you like, I don't want to put a character( Especially like Superman those have many appearances and many different writers) in a specially levels since different writers make his power levels varying, My arguing is Superman did it( Smashing infinite realities, Surviving a sun-eater explosion) or didn't( He smashing infinite realities just a mental thing, Or he not surviving a sun-eater explosion etc)

    And is "an insubstantial spirit" not a merely thought and I already posted souls = energy, Astral plane also is energy in dematteis cosmology

    Superman smashing infinite realities not just a mental thing, Because he need enough energy(Himself) to smash infinite realities, So you can say it not physically, But certainly not just a mental thing

    "i'm actually experiencing another plane of reality!disease doesn't just happen on the physically level...it begins in the aura....the energy field....and then moves down the doy from there...and these...."superman" are thought-forms of the astral world!"
    https://i.imgur.com/Z3TpJd2.jpg
    "you're a discarnate soul,a thing of spirit,energy"
    https://i.imgur.com/4YGtzWO.jpg
    "as a green lantern you learned all about the uses of will,didn't you?how,in concert with imagination,it can harness energy--and manifest miracles"
    "then i free you from your self-imposed limitations"
    https://i.imgur.com/4YGtzWO.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/73onWvz.jpg
    "you see,existence itself is nothing more than energy"
    https://i.imgur.com/fCX9Mng.jpg

    Besides, Superman his body containning the energy which could smash infintie realities, So certainly his physical form also should be that strong
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 06-22-2019 at 11:34 AM.
    "Cobra!Rider System!Revolution!ARE YOU READY?Black Hole!Black Hole!Black Hole!Revolution!FUahhahahaahha!"--Kamen Rider EVOL

  2. #17

    Default

    You arguing Superman legitimately smashed up "infinite realities" is in fact you making the argument that he is a universe buster at minimum.
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  3. #18
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    You arguing Superman legitimately smashed up "infinite realities" is in fact you making the argument that he is a universe buster at minimum.
    He's also like ... using "DeMatteis Cosmology" to argue that the spirt/aura of a thing = physicality. Using (at least some) scans not at all related to the feats he's pushing to justify it. Not to mention the fact he's ignoring board rules.

    It's a waste of effort to respond, really.
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  4. #19
    Spectacular Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    You arguing Superman legitimately smashed up "infinite realities" is in fact you making the argument that he is a universe buster at minimum.
    Maybe, But I'm more incline to "Superman as powerful as need to be" , For example:he could tanking fifty times supernova in his weakened but also will be koed by a supernova( Both happened in Geoff's era).
    "Cobra!Rider System!Revolution!ARE YOU READY?Black Hole!Black Hole!Black Hole!Revolution!FUahhahahaahha!"--Kamen Rider EVOL

  5. #20
    Spectacular Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    He's also like ... using "DeMatteis Cosmology" to argue that the spirt/aura of a thing = physicality. Using (at least some) scans not at all related to the feats he's pushing to justify it. Not to mention the fact he's ignoring board rules.

    It's a waste of effort to respond, really.
    Same writer, At least more than believable than just some users' imagination,
    not at all related to the feats
    Sorry, Could you posting superman smashed up infinite realities just mental thing statement? At least my arguing based on the same writer logic not an imagination without any proof

    Besieds, I never said "argue that the spirt/aura of a thing = physicality",

    Superman smashing infinite realities not just a mental thing, Because he need enough energy(Himself) to smash infinite realities, So you can say it not physically, But certainly not just a mental thing
    Do you really read my posts?
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 06-22-2019 at 12:56 PM.
    "Cobra!Rider System!Revolution!ARE YOU READY?Black Hole!Black Hole!Black Hole!Revolution!FUahhahahaahha!"--Kamen Rider EVOL

  6. #21
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    Same writer, At least more than believable than just some users' imagination, Sorry, Could you posting superman smashed up infinite realities just mental thing statement? At least my arguing based on the same writer logic not an imagination without any proof
    The scans Dork Knight posted show it's all in his head. Your argument being based on things shown by the same writer also don't matter, as far as it goes.

    Again, I urge you to read the board rules. Because at this point you're just wasting everyone's time.

    Besieds, I never said "argue that the spirt/aura of a thing = physicality",
    Never said it in so many words, no. Took a lot more.

    Do you really read my posts?
    Unfortunately, yes.
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  7. #22
    Spectacular Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    198

    Default

    The scans Dork Knight posted show it's all in his head. Your argument being based on things shown by the same writer also don't matter, as far as it goes.
    I don't understand, That superman smashing infinite realities is mental thing conclusion was came by that he is a spirit, And later I posting even spirit was not just merely thought but rather an energy

    But somehow my is not all related to the feat even it is come from the same writer, But yours is more related to the feat than me even the comic only statement is superman smashed up infinite realities?

    Besides, Dork Knight also posted another comic( Day of Judgment, And that comic even not the same writer)

    Edit
    Skimmed the board rules, But I'm not found anything contradicting my words. My sources all was come from canon comics
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 06-22-2019 at 01:19 PM.
    "Cobra!Rider System!Revolution!ARE YOU READY?Black Hole!Black Hole!Black Hole!Revolution!FUahhahahaahha!"--Kamen Rider EVOL

  8. #23
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    I don't understand, That superman smashing infinite realities is mental thing conclusion was came by that he is a spirit, And later I posting even spirit was not just merely thought but rather an energy

    But somehow my is not all related to the feat even it is come from the same writer, But yours is more related to the feat than me even the comic only statement is superman smashed up infinite realities?
    Same Writer does not equal 'high-end feats consistent with character presentation', which is what matters hereabouts. Not to mention, you again, are trying to argue that spirt (aura/soul) = physicality (energy), in a way that it simply does not, here.

    Besides, Dork Knight also posted another comic( Day of Judgment, And that comic even not the same writer)
    That is not how feat appraisal works here. The writer does not matter, 'high-end feats consistent with character presentation"'do. Again, read the rul-

    Edit
    Skimmed the board rules, But I'm not found anything contradicting my words. My sources all was come from canon comics
    Skimmed ? Yea ... this is a complete waste of time.
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  9. #24
    Spectacular Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Same Writer does not equal 'high-end feats consistent with character presentation', which is what matters hereabouts. Not to mention, you again, are trying to argue that spirt (aura/soul) = physicality (energy), in a way that it simply does not, here.



    That is not how feat appraisal works here. The writer does not matter, 'high-end feats consistent with character presentation"'do. Again, read the rul-



    Skimmed ? Yea ... this is a complete waste of time.
    Okay, I understand the rules, I will take my leave, My bad not reading the rules

    Anyway, Thanks for the clear up
    "Cobra!Rider System!Revolution!ARE YOU READY?Black Hole!Black Hole!Black Hole!Revolution!FUahhahahaahha!"--Kamen Rider EVOL

  10. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    Okay, I understand the rules, I will take my leave, My bad not reading the rules

    Anyway, Thanks for the clear up
    Hey, props for owning up to it like that.

    The Rules take some time to figure out, but are a valuable component on how we do things here. No harm no foul! =)
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  11. #26
    Spectacular Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Hey, props for owning up to it like that.

    The Rules take some time to figure out, but are a valuable component on how we do things here. No harm no foul! =)
    Thanks! Sorry about my attitude, Not reading the rules before I posting.
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 06-22-2019 at 03:01 PM.
    "Cobra!Rider System!Revolution!ARE YOU READY?Black Hole!Black Hole!Black Hole!Revolution!FUahhahahaahha!"--Kamen Rider EVOL

  12. #27
    Extraordinary Member The Dork Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,038

    Default

    Besides, Dork Knight also posted another comic( Day of Judgment, And that comic even not the same writer)
    It is in fact a tie in to the main comic (Day of Judgement). The entire episode takes place inside his head in the tie in, while in the main comic Lois is not even involved, all that happens is Superman gets possessed, then throws Neron out /up.

    It is not from some unrelated event, the two comics I used are basically the tie in and the main comic

  13. #28
    Spectacular Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    It is in fact a tie in to the main comic (Day of Judgement). The entire episode takes place inside his head in the tie in, while in the main comic Lois is not even involved, all that happens is Superman gets possessed, then throws Neron out /up.

    It is not from some unrelated event, the two comics I used are basically the tie in and the main comic
    Lois was "soul" been taken by neron not her physicality, The entire story never showing it only just happened in Superman's head or just an illusion, Superman soul smashing infinite realities is not contradicting with my opinion and the spirit did it not mean it just happened in his head( And more think about it: Neron is a demon swallowing souls, Deadman trying to possessing Superman( Neron) and find out superman already been possessed by someone else, So it certainly related to astral plane and then we will back to what astral/spirit plane is?)

    Lois was "soul" been taken by neron not her physicality, which even been posted by yourself:https://i.postimg.cc/mTY7L6d5/RCO037.jpg
    , So your
    The entire episode takes place inside his head in the tie in, while in the main comic Lois is not even involved
    is a moot

    Edit

    And even you considering Day Of Judgment, The souls still not equal to "just happens in our own head" We saw Hal punches spectre when he was a soul
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 06-22-2019 at 07:31 PM.
    "Cobra!Rider System!Revolution!ARE YOU READY?Black Hole!Black Hole!Black Hole!Revolution!FUahhahahaahha!"--Kamen Rider EVOL

  14. #29
    Legendary Member daBronzeBomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Usually at the End of Time
    Posts
    4,168

    Default

    So, to try to un-derail this thread, what about animated versions of each?

    Superman and Godzilla both have multiple animated series, if I recall.

    How does a composite animated version of each fare against the other?

  15. #30
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,049

    Default

    Unless there is an animated Supes, I missed - the latest anime Godzilla is a beast that might not even notice the animated Superman.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •