Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Batman #73 Preview/Discussion

I am really surprised to see Thomas Wayne singing..

https://www.newsarama.com/45607-thom...review.html#s1

I predict that Martha Wayne will be in the box

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

If Joker Martha is in the coffin now things are really getting interesting

Always Rakzo

Another big waste of time. I can't believe dull fights and little character scenes pass as a full issue these days.

Janin was pretty much wasted here too since there's nothing interesting for him to draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I predict that Martha Wayne will be in the box
    Well what do ya know

I concur with restingvoice very intrigueing to see what happens next! Joker martha would be exciting

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Well what do ya know

I concur with restingvoice very intrigueing to see what happens next! Joker martha would be exciting
    Well done!

I've seen so many posts assuming FP Martha is in the coffin and I don't really get why. To me it's at least equally likely it's classic Martha. I think that would make for a better story as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Well done!

I've seen so many posts assuming FP Martha is in the coffin and I don't really get why. To me it's at least equally likely it's classic Martha. I think that would make for a better story as well.
    At first, I thought it's classic Martha too but that will really make it uncomfortable since this Thomas is not her Thomas. I kinda thought Flashpoint Thomas to at least be aware of that difference and the implication, but I don't know how far gone he is in his original appearance...
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-19-2019 at 04:53 PM.

Well done!

There's also everything in this issue, what with the singing folk songs in the desert, plus the Bane wrestling from earlier, shows that Thomas is kind of bonkers, so I would definitely believe he would think resurrecting Martha to make Bruce and their family whole again would be the right/"sane" thing to do.

(And I'm now just realizing this is literally just the same thing as Spider-Man's Clone Conspiracy. Supposedly dead character related to the main hero who mysteriously returns in a villainous role, tempting the hero to his side with a coffin of the dead family member planning to resurrect them)

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    There's also everything in this issue, what with the singing folk songs in the desert, plus the Bane wrestling from earlier, shows that Thomas is kind of bonkers, so I would definitely believe he would think resurrecting Martha to make Bruce and their family whole again would be the right/"sane" thing to do.

(And I'm now just realizing this is literally just the same thing as Spider-Man's Clone Conspiracy. Supposedly dead character related to the main hero who mysteriously returns in a villainous role, tempting the hero to his side with a coffin of the dead family member planning to resurrect them)
    I can see Thomas being insane enough to think that bringing OG Martha back would make "his" family whole again. But I also don't think this resurrection will actually take place. Bruce know what the Pit does to people who use it and I doubt very seriously that he would want his mother brought back to suffer through that. I'd like to believe that Bruce is only going along with this in order to prevent it.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Well done!

I agree, I'm not understand the "Joker Martha" idea either. We know Thomas is from the Flashpoint timeline, and he was snatched up just as the wall of white "ate" the timeline in The Button. Unless King says at some point that Thomas appeared in the Rebirth timeline alongside the coffin of his wife, I'm going to assume this is regular Martha that Thomas has dug up.

And, who knows? Maybe Thomas has plans of taking a dip with her, so they are both young, happy, and healthy again (I don't read solicits, so I could be way off on future issues here).
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I agree, I'm not understand the "Joker Martha" idea either. We know Thomas is from the Flashpoint timeline, and he was snatched up just as the wall of white "ate" the timeline in The Button. Unless King says at some point that Thomas appeared in the Rebirth timeline alongside the coffin of his wife, I'm going to assume this is regular Martha that Thomas has dug up.

And, who knows? Maybe Thomas has plans of taking a dip with her, so they are both young, happy, and healthy again (I don't read solicits, so I could be way off on future issues here).
    You mean young, happy, healthy and slightly insane don't you? A dip in the Pit does come at a cost after all.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    You mean young, happy, healthy and slightly insane don't you? A dip in the Pit does come at a cost after all.
    Yeah, but it doesn't last forever. Or I should say, it lasts as long as the writer wants it to.

Didn't Bruce fall in one in the Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul? He got ran through by a sword, fell in the pit, came out ok. If I recall correctly.

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Yeah, but it doesn't last forever. Or I should say, it lasts as long as the writer wants it to.

Didn't Bruce fall in one in the Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul? He got ran through by a sword, fell in the pit, came out ok. If I recall correctly.
    No that was the spring of Nanda Parbat. Restorative, but no insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    No that was the spring of Nanda Parbat. Restorative, but no insanity.
    Oh snap, you are absolutely correct!

Another issue that could have been told in about 5 pages. Janins art seemed really rushed this issue too.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-