Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Yeah, but it doesn't last forever. Or I should say, it lasts as long as the writer wants it to.

Didn't Bruce fall in one in the Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul? He got ran through by a sword, fell in the pit, came out ok. If I recall correctly.
    Black Canary did get Lazarus'd once though, and continued starring in Birds of Prey thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    You mean young, happy, healthy and slightly insane don't you? A dip in the Pit does come at a cost after all.
    True of a Lazarus Pit. We have no IDEA what a Nain Pit does. Good article from CBR here:

https://www.cbr.com/batman-lazarus-nain-pit/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Another issue that could have been told in about 5 pages. Janins art seemed really rushed this issue too.
    Yep. Waiting for the run to be over with.

So Bruce forgives Thomas, despite the fact that Thomas has been helping Bane torture him for months.

So all it takes is a 'I'm here for you' and Thomas is forgiven.

Yeah, NO. Can't wait for King to get off the title, holy hell. Bruce was so OOC it made me want to cry.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rev516 View Post
    So Bruce forgives Thomas, despite the fact that Thomas has been helping Bane torture him for months.

Yeah, NO. Can't wait for King to get off the title, holy hell. Bruce was so OOC it made me want to cry.
    Not counting his desperation to have a father again? This is his whole reason to be a crimefighter.

---

About Lazarus, Jason also got Lazarus, and he's fine now. The effect is temporary if you're the main character of a book. Not sure about supporting cast.

So.. Thomas idea is resurrect Martha to gave Bruce his old family and forget Batman?

I thought that he renounced(resurrect them) to this when he resurrected Damian..

Batman Robin Damian resurrection.jpg

Anyway.. With the LAZARUS PIT existence he had always had this chance and never made nothing.
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-20-2019 at 05:09 AM.

Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    So.. Thomas idea is resurrect Martha to gave Bruce his old family and forget Batman?

I thought that he renounced(resurrect them) to this when he resurrected Damian..

Batman Robin Damian resurrection.jpg

Anyway.. With the LAZARUS PIT existence he had always had this chance and never made nothing.
    That one he has one chance in a split second. This time he's given another chance and a lot of time.

Oh, the Lazarus thing is always avoided because of the insanity effect. It's supposed to be long term effect and not just early frenzy behavior. Ra's is actually unstable all the time but he's just really good at turning it into evil mastermind mode, and Jason's supposed to be too, but they decided to make him a protagonist so they glossed it over.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Not counting his desperation to have a father again? This is his whole reason to be a crimefighter.

---

About Lazarus, Jason also got Lazarus, and he's fine now. The effect is temporary if you're the main character of a book. Not sure about supporting cast.
    Except his dad is still dead. This is a Thomas from another world who has helped torture him for who knows how long now. His reasoning for becoming a crimefighter is still intact but now he has a psychotic alternate version who has attacked him and helped an adversary break him trying to play daddy. It's bullshit beyond reason and is completely out of character for Batman as he's been presented for the last 80 years, until this run.

Actually, technically, Flashpoint was another timeline, not another world. It was still Earth 0 (or New Earth), just with a timeline alteration from Barry. This is technically Bruce's father from his world, just a different timeline.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rev516 View Post

Maybe Bruce realizes fighting his dad (whose fully equipped with his own Batsuit) in the middle of the desert with barely any supplies isn't the best idea.
    Or maybe he's simply playing along to get information about Bane/FP Batman and what they've done to him.
    Or maybe he just recognizes he's in no immediate danger so he's taking advantage of the time to get his **** together/heal up before making a move.

but sure, let's just jump straight to Bruce has forgiven Thomas because nobody in comics has ever lied before or played along until they can turn the situation to their advantage instead of considering other possibilities.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Actually, technically, Flashpoint was another timeline, not another world. It was still Earth 0 (or New Earth), just with a timeline alteration from Barry. This is technically Bruce's father from his world, just a different timeline.
    Alternate timeline, still not his dad. His dad is dead.

The Lazarus Pit seems to change its rules according to what the writers want. In Hush Batman said he didn’t try it on Jason because it wouldn’t repair his brain damage even if it ressurected him. Later, in Under the Red Hood it was used on Jason to cure his amnesia and it worked. Originally the madness side effect was only temporary and I think in Tower of Babel or in another story it’s said that it can’t resurrect people that has been death for a long time, but I might be wrong. Then, Tomasi introduced a pit that worked with a thing from Apokolips and that brought Damian and Talia back to life, so the Nain Pit King is talking about can do whatever he wants, though I think editors should put limits to the pits and how they work once and for all
    Last edited by Chubistian; 06-20-2019 at 03:05 PM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Here we have Flashpoint Batman dragging a coffin with his dead, possibly Jokery, wife and unconscious not-son, who is actually Batman, across the desert on horseback while wearing his cowl and goggles, stopping occasionally to beat up Ra's al Ghul's assassins while singing Home on the Range. 1980s 11-year-old-me would have loved this insanity, which is my general litmus test for "Is this good?"

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    The Lazarus Pit seems to change its rules according to what the writers want. In Hush Batman said he didn’t try it on Jason because it wouldn’t repair his brain damage even if it ressurected him. Later, in Under the Red Hood it was used on Jason to cure his amnesia and it worked. Originally the madness side effect was only temporary and I think in Tower of Babel or in another story it’s said that it can’t resurrect people that has been death for a long time, but I might be wrong. Then, Tomasi introduced a pit that worked with a thing from Apocalypse and that brought Damian and Talia back to life, so the Nain Pit King is talking about can do whatever he wants, though I think editors should put limits to the pits and how they work once and for all
    Damian was brought back with the Chaos Shard no pit involved.