Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    This is on Scott Snyder, it was his idea. The idea is rubbish to begin with and with Wilson penning it, the execution will be even worse
    Why is he influencing another run? What the hell? Ans what is the point of destroying them? To show that not only Rebirth WW is weak, so is her gear?

I would expect the lasso and bracelets to be back to full working order in due time so the general idea doesn't bother me. I know how these things work, its like Electric Superman. The original powers will come back. But it is rather bad timing considering the criticisms of Diana being portrayed as too weak as it is in this run.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope they aren't destroying the bracelets just so Diana can use that shield more.

Why is it so hard to nail down a good Circe design? I love the concept of her forming her own dark and evil magic team to counter Diana's but now she looks like the Queen of Fables.
    Surely if Cheetah can destroy the bracelets and lasso, she can also destroy the shield and sword? Those aren't meant to be indestructible. Diana's in serious trouble.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I don't even think this is the first time the bracelets have ever been broken. Didn't it happen a couple times pre-Crisis?
    Anyway, I wonder if this will backfire on Cheetah somewhat and we will get a "berserker rage" Wonder Woman without the bracelet restraints. Without that power, what exactly are the bracelets doing?
    Leave those powers to New 52 Diana, thank you very much. It worked in Azz's run, it wouldn't make sense in Rebirth, not when Diana has no powers of her own but those bestowed upon them by generic godly animal friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Leave those powers to New 52 Diana, thank you very much. It worked in Azz's run, it wouldn't make sense in Rebirth, not when Diana has no powers of her own but those bestowed upon them by generic godly animal friends.
    The berserker rage is not unique to the New 52. Marston had it in his original run.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Agent Z beat me to it, but yeah: New 52 Diana doesn't get to claim that as a uniqueness. Marston did it first and it persisted throughout the pre-Crisis eras.

The only version of Diana to have powers of her own is the Golden Age one. The New 52 owes everything to her lineage to daddy, they are not hers. "Never a Self Made Woman" is not a trope that belongs in WW, so I'm glad the Rebirth seemingly doesn't owe anything to her father besides him being a sperm donor. Women empowering other women is a better alternative.

BANNED

@VonHammersmark So Diana's gear is broken because snyder had the idea of doing that and gww will make it happen? Wasn't enough for gww to make WW so weak that she can't beat any big foe alone? Now she must nerf her gear as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I have to say that I'm really impressed by these solicits. Cheetah destroying Wonder Woman's bracelets and lasso! Circe forming an Injustice League Dark! Maybe things are finally turning around for Wonder Woman in the DCU.
    We can only hope. *crosses fingers* But I agree, the details contained within the solicits are intriguing.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    @VonHammersmark So Diana's gear is broken because snyder had the idea of doing that and gww will make it happen? Wasn't enough for gww to make WW so weak that she can't beat any big foe alone? Now she must nerf her gear as well?
    Luthor giving the Godkiller to Cheetah was Snyder, her breaking Diana’s unbreakable weapons, I’m not sure whose idea it was. Either way, they’re both rubbish as far as I'm concerned. If you’re gonna destroy Diana’s Iconic bracelets and the lasso of truth, at least make an awesome story out of it so the damage done to Wonder Woman is worth it. The problem is, it won’t be and this does absolutely nothing to up Cheetah's street cred
    Last edited by VonHammersmark; 06-15-2019 at 05:55 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Luthor giving the Godkiller to Cheetah was Snyder, her breaking Diana’s unbreakable weapons, I’m not sure whose idea it was. Either way, they’re both rubbish as far as I'm concerned. If you’re gonna destroy Diana’s Iconic bracelets and the lasso of truth, at least make an awesome story out of it so the damage done to Wonder Woman is worth it. The problem is, it won’t be and this does absolutely nothing to up Cheetah's street cred
    We all know the bracelets and the lasso will be re-forged, so I don't see what the big deal is. And there is precedent for the bracelets being breakable, and breaking them would allow the opportunity to explain their function and why it's a big deal they are breaking, because right now I can't think of a function they serve without the classic lore which has been largely discarded. Not entirely without good reason.

Cheetah using a relic to do it is pretty fitting. I do dislike Lex being the one to point her in that direction, she should be finding it on her own. But even without this Year of the Villain stuff, I think Wilson would be bringing Cheetah into this run at some point regardless. She's following on Rucka's plot threads, she pretty much HAS to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    We all know the bracelets and the lasso will be re-forged, so I don't see what the big deal is. And there is precedent for the bracelets being breakable, and breaking them would allow the opportunity to explain their function and why it's a big deal they are breaking, because right now I can't think of a function they serve without the classic lore which has been largely discarded. Not entirely without good reason.

Cheetah using a relic to do it is pretty fitting. I do dislike Lex being the one to point her in that direction, she should be finding it on her own. But even without this Year of the Villain stuff, I think Wilson would be bringing Cheetah into this run at some point regardless. She's following on Rucka's plot threads, she pretty much HAS to.
    The problem is that WW is already weak in gww's run abd rebirth in general(borrowed powers in JLD don't count). Now her iconic gear is not even unbreakable anymore. LIke they were In Post Crisis and Pre Crisis(The Lasso at least) So it is a bad idea imo. gww can't handle WW verse. She has proven to be more interested in her own creations such as maggie. Who has defeated bigger foes with that sword than any foe Diana has fought in gww run. Now WW (still in her super human xena face) doesn't even have unbreakable gear. So what is so powerful and badass about rebirth WW?

Good Lord...

This is why Diana unless Sales.

This sounds all new, all different and like a progression. It's not something that happens every issue. Can't help but think of all the times Thor's hammer Mjolnir has been destroyed and the cool weapons Wonder Woman may get as replacements. It's a chance to increase her arsenal.

If Cheetah accomplishes the impossible it elevates her no matter where the God Killer sword comes from, it was ultimately forged by Hephaestus the maker of Diana's lasso and bracelets, so it makes sense it could break them. Like Diana's blindness showcased her other abilities, done correctly this is a story that could benefit both Cheetah and Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 06-16-2019 at 07:25 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Cheetah destroys Wonder Woman’s UNBREAKABLE lasso and UNBREAKABLE bracelets with a sword the BOSS MAN gave her...written by G. Willow Wilson...with art by Jesus Merino...oh I can’t wait….
    Yeah, I can wait. Pretty much to the point where I skip this entirely.

I'm just guessing a character that Wilson has created will save her...
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor