Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Not that I'm aware of. It seems pretty cut and dried that with all it's other powers if one weapon were capable of destroying the lasso and bracelets it would be it.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/God_Killer_(Sword)

After this Cheetah will always be the arch nemesis who did a historic feat against Wonder Woman for about 10 minutes during DC's Year of the Villain event back in 2019.
    Nothing in that wiki page suggests the sword can break unbreakable things. So basically they nerfed Diana's iconic weapons.

I wouldn't hold my breath. WW has been treated very poorly in rebirth, with underwhelming power level. Cheetah has an even worse track record. Getting beaten by street levelers many times. What gives us any reason to believe they will start respecting Cheetah now? Plus Cheetah beating a rebirth WW that is not very strong in the first place doesn't do much for Cheetah's reputation. And making WW's icon gear breakable doesn't help WW either.
    Last edited by starlight25; 06-16-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    The Godkiller was originally used by Deathstroke to slay the Titan Iapetus.
    I hope Cheetah does at least get to steal the goddamn sword from Hephaestus’ forge, if it's delivered to her all wrapped up with a neat little bow by a Lexcorp drone, which it almost certainly will, I’ll probably blow a fuse

Ah yes! Thanks for the refresher! I remember that story and quite enjoyed it. I also hope that Cheetah steals the sword from Hephaestus' forge and maybe kills and Olympian or two to show just how powerful she is now with the sword.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    Nothing in that wiki page suggests the sword can break unbreakable things. So basically they nerfed Diana's iconic weapons.

I wouldn't hold my breath. WW has been treated very poorly in rebirth, with underwhelming power level. Cheetah has an even worse track record. Getting beaten by street levelers many times. What gives us any reason to believe they will start respecting Cheetah now? Plus Cheetah beating a rebirth WW that is not very strong in the first place doesn't do much for Cheetah's reputation. And making WW's icon gear breakable doesn't help WW either.
    Not really.

From what I recall of the "Post-Crisis" lay of the land, the Lasso was forged by the same god that forged God Killer. While we know things like that Hercules cannot break it, the idea that the same god who forged the Lasso cannot forge a sword capable of cutting or destroying the lasso makes very little sense.

Is it a possibility? I guess. Is it even the most likely possibility? Don't see anything like a legitimate argument for that being the case.

As for the bracelets, see above. While the bracelets are not a straight forward as the lasso, I don't have any real reason to believe that the god who probably forged God Killer could create a sword strong enough to destroy/break them.

The Godkiller was originally used by Deathstroke to slay the Titan Iapetus.
    I hope Cheetah does at least get to steal the goddamn sword from Hephaestus’ forge, if it's delivered to her all wrapped up with a neat little bow by a Lexcorp drone, which it almost certainly will, I’ll probably blow a fuse
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Ah yes! Thanks for the refresher! I remember that story and quite enjoyed it. I also hope that Cheetah steals the sword from Hephaestus' forge and maybe kills and Olympian or two to show just how powerful she is now with the sword.
    Seems like that one might depend on just how much God Killer either is or is not connected to "New52" continuity. Seems like Luthor could have just tracked it down after the arc it was a part of.

Nothing about any of this screams “powerhouse” to me. So underwhelming.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Seems like that one might depend on just how much God Killer either is or is not connected to "New52" continuity. Seems like Luthor could have just tracked it down after the arc it was a part of.
    The Godkiller was created for Deathstroke by Tony Daniel in the new 52 but it’s already made an appearance in Rebirth when Wonder Woman wielded it against Ares in the Dark Multiverse. The sword then ended up in the hands of the Merciless who brought it with him to Earth-Prime. So now that I think about it, the Godkiller is probably lost somewhere. Would it be too much to ask that Cheetah, who’s an archeologist, at least be the one who tracks down the sword…

The Godkiller was created for Deathstroke by Tony Daniel in the new 52 but it’s already made an appearance in Rebirth when Wonder Woman wielded it against Ares in the Dark Multiverse. The sword then ended up in the hands of the Merciless who brought it with him to Earth-Prime. So now that I think about it, the Godkiller is probably lost somewhere. Would it be too much to ask that Cheetah, who’s an archeologist, at least be the one who tracks down the sword…
    What about when Diana used it in Superman/Wonder Woman against Doomsday and Clark used it's atom splitting properties with his heat vision to make a nuclear bomb?

What about when Diana used it in Superman/Wonder Woman against Doomsday and Clark used it's atom splitting properties with his heat vision to make a nuclear bomb?
    It’s not the same sword, that was Wonder Woman’s standard sword that can split atoms

It’s not the same sword, that was Wonder Woman’s standard sword that can split atoms
    Okay I remember when Diana first got her sword in Kingdom Come it could split atoms and like the Golden Eagle Armor it eventually entered the main DCU's continuity. How did the God Killer get from Deathstroke to be found in the bowels of Themyscira by Grail who then used it to "kill" Ares thereby shattering Olympus along with Paradise Island?

Why can't Diana's weapons have actual names like Thor's? It would make it less confusing if she wielded the Sword of Athena or some other named sword regularly.

Okay I remember when Diana first got her sword in Kingdom Come it could split atoms and like the Golden Eagle Armor it eventually entered the main DCU's continuity. How did the God Killer get from Deathstroke to be found in the bowels of Themyscira by Grail who then used it to "kill" Ares thereby shattering Olympus along with Paradise Island?

Why can't Diana's weapons have actual names like Thor's? It would make it less confusing if she wielded the Sword of Athena or some other named sword regularly.
    That one was taken from the movie, it’s a different God Killer. I’m pretty sure Wilson had only seen the film at the time she wrote that. Wonder Woman is all over the shop right now, there’s no rhyme nor reason to any of it

Exactly.

It feels like there is a clear "In-Continuity" path to Cheetah winding up with the sword(obviously depending just how much they stick to that path...) That said, doing so would obviously rule out something like Cheetah stealing it from the forge.

Exactly.

It feels like there is a clear "In-Continuity" path to Cheetah winding up with the sword(obviously depending just how much they stick to that path...) That said, doing so would obviously rule out something like Cheetah stealing it from the forge.
    Well I’m not sure what happened to the Merciless but assuming he died, it’s within the realms of possibility that the sword’s been recovered and is being kept in a very heavily guarded place which Cheetah has to steal it from. Sadly, Luthor probably has it and will simply drone it to her, much to my chagrin

Lex Luthor is every bit as overbearing as Superman, they take up all the oxygen in the room

Well I’m not sure what happened to the Merciless but assuming he died, it’s within the realms of possibility that the sword’s been recovered and is being kept in a very heavily guarded place which Cheetah has to steal it from. Sadly, Luthor probably has it and will simply drone it to her, much to my chagrin

Lex Luthor is every bit as overbearing as Superman, they take up all the oxygen in the room
    While I can certainly see why this would bug a reader, it is Luthor's "Bread And Butter..." at this point.

While I can certainly see why this would bug a reader, it is Luthor's "Bread And Butter..." at this point.
    I get that Lex is an 9th level intelligence and the mastermind behind this whole thing but is the Legion of Doom a team or...what?

I get that Lex is an 9th level intelligence and the mastermind behind this whole thing but is the Legion of Doom a team or...what?
    That’s how DC seems to run things. They only have 1 hero who can do it all. Don’t work as a team like marvel’s avengers or X-men.