Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman September 2019

WONDER WOMAN #78

written by G. WILLOW WILSON
    art and cover by JESUS MERINO
    variant cover by JENNY FRISON
    Her fabled bracelets shattered, her will broken, Wonder Woman…defeated? The wrath of Cheetah has been unleashed and, armed with the fabled Godkiller sword, even Amazons will fall before her!

WONDER WOMAN #79

written by G. WILLOW WILSON
    art by JESUS MERINO
    cover by AARON LOPRESTI
    variant cover by JENNY FRISON
    Must a world without love be one without our hero? Wonder Woman is forced to discover a new way to fight after the destruction of her golden lasso and unbreakable bracelets at the hands of Cheetah and her God Killer sword. How can she possibly stop the unstoppable?

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #15

written by JAMES TYNION IV
    art by ALVARO MARTINEZ and RAUL FERNADEZ
    cover by GUILLEM MARCH
    variant cover by CLAYTON CRAIN
    The Floronic Man, Papa Midnite, Klarion the Witch Boy, Solomon Grundy...Circe has gathered her Injustice League Dark for a reason, and it is going to tear the world of magic apart! Just as Wonder Woman thought the realms of magic were back under control, a new witching war brought on by this unstoppable group of villains threatens to destroy everything. Can she find out what Circe is after, and stop her before it’s too late?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I have to say that I'm really impressed by these solicits. Cheetah destroying Wonder Woman's bracelets and lasso! Circe forming an Injustice League Dark! Maybe things are finally turning around for Wonder Woman in the DCU.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

On the other hand, I get the feeling that there is plenty of editorial demands here, to tie things into the Year of the Villain. The natural continuation for the current storyline would really be exploring the Amazons and their relation to Diana again, not hare off with NOW! EVERYTHING! CHANGES! storyline centered on Cheetah.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

BANNED

So the bracelets and the lasso aren't unbreakable anymore. I don't like it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    On the other hand, I get the feeling that there is plenty of editorial demands here, to tie things into the Year of the Villain. The natural continuation for the current storyline would really be exploring the Amazons and their relation to Diana again, not hare off with NOW! EVERYTHING! CHANGES! storyline centered on Cheetah.
    I imagine that will likely still be happening, I can't imagine the Amazons just dropping from sight again once they reach the island, if only as a subplot. But this is one instance where editorial interference, at least on paper, makes sense for the villain being used. Themyscira played a big role in Barbara's current arc, and she has a misplaced grudge against the Amazons as well as Diana and the Gods. Using her in an arc so soon after the return of the Amazons seems inevitable.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Cheetah destroys Wonder Woman’s UNBREAKABLE lasso and UNBREAKABLE bracelets with a sword the BOSS MAN gave her...written by G. Willow Wilson...with art by Jesus Merino...oh I can’t wait….

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    So the bracelets and the lasso aren't unbreakable anymore. I don't like it.
    And Cheetah destroys them with Tony Daniel's self-operating Godkiller, not her own powers, schemes and machinations. All she has to do is hold the sword that Luthor gave her, the Godkiller will take care of the rest

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    And Cheetah destroys them with Tony Daniel's self-operating Godkiller, not her own powers, schemes and machinations. All she has to do is hold the sword that Luthor gave her, the Godkiller will take care of the rest
    I don't think Cheetah should have the power to destroy them. Unbreakable means they are not supposed to be broken. And if there must be like an exception that confirms the rule. gww could at least write a competent Cheetah that finds the means to do it, instead of having the means being given to her by somebody else. gww doesn't demostrate the ability to handle Wonder Woman verse.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I don't think Cheetah should have the power to destroy them. Unbreakable means they are not supposed to be broken. And if there must be like an exception that confirms the rule. gww could at least write a competent Cheetah that finds the means to do it, instead of having the means being given to her by somebody else. gww doesn't demostrate the ability to handle Wonder Woman verse.

You do make a good point. The lasso has been shown to be powerful enough to hold gods before and if this Godkiller sword if powerful enough to kill the same if not similar gods, we need to find out who forged it and what makes it more powerful than the lasso. I wouldn't knock Cheetah too hard for getting the sword from Luthor as all of the big villains in Year of the Villain are getting gifts from Lex such as Sinestro, Black Manta, Shadow Thief, Grodd, etc.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    It is truly sad how Wondy and Cheetah are treated by DC

I hope they aren't destroying the bracelets just so Diana can use that shield more.

Why is it so hard to nail down a good Circe design? I love the concept of her forming her own dark and evil magic team to counter Diana's but now she looks like the Queen of Fables.

I think they are breaking the bracelets so she can get new ones from source wall probably

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I don't even think this is the first time the bracelets have ever been broken. Didn't it happen a couple times pre-Crisis?
    Anyway, I wonder if this will backfire on Cheetah somewhat and we will get a "berserker rage" Wonder Woman without the bracelet restraints. Without that power, what exactly are the bracelets doing?

This is on Scott Snyder, it was his idea. The idea is rubbish to begin with and with Wilson penning it, the execution will be even worse
    Last edited by VonHammersmark; 06-15-2019 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    It is truly sad how Wondy and Cheetah are treated by DC
    I had such high hopes for Cheetah in Rebirth, I'm so bummed that THIS is how she takes revenge on Wonder Woman and the Gods ie with a self-operating sword Luthor gave her. LAME.