Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

With Circe and Cheetah and Godkiller Sword, this looks like a return to...more of the same? I hope not.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Fantastic Member

I don't understand a lot of the superheroes stories these days! More and more plots are about the hero of the stories getting their butts kicked over and over!! The heroes are just punching bags now. Most heroes stories are about criminals beating the hero now!! The hero doesn't really win, they get lucky, saved by somebody or some miracle save!! Not due to their skills or abilities!! What happened to the heroes winning the day by using their powers and skills!! I thought WW was the good guy the hero!! Not a punching bag for the criminals she meets!
    Last edited by lotchj; 06-16-2019 at 06:27 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    The problem is that WW is already weak in gww's run abd rebirth in general(borrowed powers in JLD don't count). Now her iconic gear is not even unbreakable anymore. LIke they were In Post Crisis and Pre Crisis(The Lasso at least) So it is a bad idea imo. gww can't handle WW verse. She has proven to be more interested in her own creations such as maggie. Who has defeated bigger foes with that sword than any foe Diana has fought in gww run. Now WW (still in her super human xena face) doesn't even have unbreakable gear. So what is so powerful and badass about rebirth WW?
    I do agree somewhat with you and Sacred Knight that the timing isn't that good in light of the criticisms this run has of her not being as powerful as she should be. The criticism are, IMO,a bit overblown but have some merit to them, so this would probably play out better if Diana had been more consistently impressive than she has been thus far. But like Koriand'r said, a plot device created by Hephaestus destroying other plot devices created by Hephaestus before they are miraculously returned to the status quo isn't too big of a deal, and the comparison to Thor and his hammer makes sense

I am less enthused about the lasso, which not even Kryptonians should able to break. But most WW fans want Diana invulnerable enough to be bullet proof and the bracelets create some confusion in that regard. And she can evidently control herself when not wearing them unlike the pre-Crisis era, so what function are they serving that being broken is a big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    You do make a good point. The lasso has been shown to be powerful enough to hold gods before and if this Godkiller sword if powerful enough to kill the same if not similar gods, we need to find out who forged it and what makes it more powerful than the lasso. I wouldn't knock Cheetah too hard for getting the sword from Luthor as all of the big villains in Year of the Villain are getting gifts from Lex such as Sinestro, Black Manta, Shadow Thief, Grodd, etc.
    While I can't saying that I have been following things super closely, what reason do we have to second guess who forged God Killer?

Is there some sort of new information?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While I can't saying that I have been following things super closely, what reason do we have to second guess who forged God Killer?

Not that I'm aware of. It seems pretty cut and dried that with all it's other powers if one weapon were capable of destroying the lasso and bracelets it would be it.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/God_Killer_(Sword)

After this Cheetah will always be the arch nemesis who did a historic feat against Wonder Woman for about 10 minutes during DC's Year of the Villain event back in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Not that I'm aware of. It seems pretty cut and dried that with all it's other powers if one weapon were capable of destroying the lasso and bracelets it would be it.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/God_Killer_(Sword)

After this Cheetah will always be the arch nemesis who did a historic feat against Wonder Woman for about 10 minutes during DC's Year of the Villain event back in 2019.
    That was about how I took it.

What are the odds that this is a completely "Rebirth" God Killer versus the odds that it is the "New52" God Killer carrying over in the same way that Jason did?

While I guess it could be an entirely "Fresh Start" weapon that just happens to have the exact same name, that's not the feel that I get from those solicits.

But I thought Diana was the Godkiller "sword?"

Is the sword Cheetah is using on the cover the same one from the New 52?

Or, consistency being what it is, does that even matter...

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Can someone please refresh my memory of what the New 52 Godkiller sword was used for? I remember he sword being there but not what purpose it served.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

I just don't think much of the New 52 Wonder Woman carried over into Rebirth so I'm not exactly sure what's cannon with this sword plus I don't remember too much about the New 52 version.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I think the only New 52 events that carried over are those from Justice League. Her solo was wiped out as fake memories.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

She's still the daughter of Zeus, she just doesn't get her powers from him and Hippolyta and the Amazons aren't terrible people anymore.

Also, the broad strokes of Steve & Etta/ARGUS, and Barbara Ann being her friend pre-Cheetah.

That's all we really need, no big loss on the rest of it aside from some sweet Chiang designs for the Gods.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Can someone please refresh my memory of what the New 52 Godkiller sword was used for? I remember he sword being there but not what purpose it served.
    The Godkiller was originally used by Deathstroke to slay the Titan Iapetus.
    I hope Cheetah does at least get to steal the goddamn sword from Hephaestus’ forge, if it's delivered to her all wrapped up with a neat little bow by a Lexcorp drone, which it almost certainly will, I’ll probably blow a fuse
    Last edited by VonHammersmark; 06-16-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    She's still the daughter of Zeus, she just doesn't get her powers from him and Hippolyta and the Amazons aren't terrible people anymore.

Also, the broad strokes of Steve & Etta/ARGUS, and Barbara Ann being her friend pre-Cheetah.

That's all we really need, no big loss on the rest of it aside from some sweet Chiang designs for the Gods.
    I will forever hate the Zeus origin. Azz really did permanent damage.
    Last edited by greymoon; 06-16-2019 at 03:37 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I do agree somewhat with you and Sacred Knight that the timing isn't that good in light of the criticisms this run has of her not being as powerful as she should be. The criticism are, IMO,a bit overblown but have some merit to them, so this would probably play out better if Diana had been more consistently impressive than she has been thus far. But like Koriand'r said, a plot device created by Hephaestus destroying other plot devices created by Hephaestus before they are miraculously returned to the status quo isn't too big of a deal, and the comparison to Thor and his hammer makes sense

I am less enthused about the lasso, which not even Kryptonians should able to break. But most WW fans want Diana invulnerable enough to be bullet proof and the bracelets create some confusion in that regard. And she can evidently control herself when not wearing them unlike the pre-Crisis era, so what function are they serving that being broken is a big deal?
    Diana has been underwhelming power wise since new 52 compared to previous versions. But gww has taken the crown when it comes to portraying a weak WW. It's not that she is not impressive. It's the fact that she is weak. By comic book standards she is barely a low mid tier in gww run. And now her gear is not even unbreakable anymore. Not even the freaking and super iconic lasso. That has never been broken except for that time that a reality warper did a thing or two on it. I don't remember if there is another time.

Her bracelets shouldn't be there to deal with bullets. There are far more powerful attacks than bullets that the bracelets can block. So the big deal is that her power is underwhelming, and now her iconic weapons are nerfed as well. What's there to like?