Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    That's a touch pessimistic, and also a completely untested hypothesis. It's a matter of the plot, cast and execution. It's our own preconceptions that limit our imagination.

Hell, I bet someone could even make a good solo movie about a telepath who wanders into a strip club.
    Emma would make a garbage solo movie. I love the character to death, but she doesn't work in a format that solo movies need.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    With the huge shadow Jackman left being the only actor to play the role and being incredibly popular and doing it for 17 years I think Logan needs a big break.

Start off with X-23 and reverse engineer the Wolverine story where she is looking for her "father".
    Don't know if we should start with that for sure, but that could be a very interesting premise for a first solo movie about that character.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post

I would love to see the Dark Angel saga on film, one of the best X-Stories ever written. How would you explain Archangel though? I feel like Apocalypse is integral to his Warren becoming Archangel so I'm curious how you would side step it, or weave it in.
    Try to weave it with Deadpool or Wolverine movies. If it can't be done in those two then a Cable movie/show. Apocalypse is the big bad everything is tied into him, Everything tie into a final conflict with him. So B story in those four movies would tie into him and set up Dark Angel Saga. So yeah one of the movies Angel will get hurt and one of the movies Apocalypse will die setting up the X-force movie.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Wolverine. Either Laura or Logan.

The X-characters don't work as solo characters outside of them. The team dynamic is what makes them. I like the characters, but a Scott, Jean, or Betsy solo movie is doomed to fail.
    No X-men work as solo characters they are a bunch of them in Cable, Wolverine, Gambit, Domino, etc that have worked it is just Marvel doesn't care as much rejuvenating those characters when they go down as sales much as say DC cares about Green Arrow, Aquaman, Deathstroke, etc. Every solo not named Spiderman and Batman goes down in sales with a lot floating around cancellation level. It just a matter if a company wants to keep trying like they do with Punisher, Moon Knight or Dr. Stange how times have those books been dead and brought back?

Yes, they are some X-men better suited for solo movies as mentioned the action based ones who have had solos for those reasons. A mid-budget Psylocke action movie would work because a ninja/spy movie work. You don't need a deep plot just competent action. A Bishop or Cable movie would work both of those guys are "Kyle Reese" so a terminator style save the future movie would work. A Gambit superpowered heist movie would work. Storm, Jean, and Cyclops might not be created with a strong back story to hold a solo. But they are several X-men with jobs and occupations like Cop, Assasin, Theif, Soldier, Mercenary, Spy, etc that will work on those generic things alone.

So no Psylocke as a brainwashed assassin who turns against her handlers will work because it work before, Gambit and Bishop in buddy cop/thief movie would work, Cable, as clever Terminator 2 rip off, would work. A Domino movie about her being a badass bounty would work. The jobs/skill write the movie and the X-men connection/story is the cherry on top to make it different from the generic movie in the field

Almost forgot New Mutants going camping get attack by the Demon Bear or Kitty getting attack by Demons in the mansion were good ideas. The X-men are ripe for play with other genres just not straight up super hero stuff
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 06-15-2019 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Try to weave it with Deadpool or Wolverine movies. If it can't be done in those two then a Cable movie/show. Apocalypse is the big bad everything is tied into him, Everything tie into a final conflict with him. So B story in those four movies would tie into him and set up Dark Angel Saga. So yeah one of the movies Angel will get hurt and one of the movies Apocalypse will die setting up the X-force movie.
    So would the Dark Angel Saga be in like a phase 2 setting then?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    With the huge shadow Jackman left being the only actor to play the role and being incredibly popular and doing it for 17 years I think Logan needs a big break.

Start off with X-23 and reverse engineer the Wolverine story where she is looking for her "father".
    this very much

It’ll never happen but I love the idea of a Rogue solo movie exploring her origin. It would include her running away from a young age, being taken in by sapphic Mystique and Destiny, being groomed into a mutant terrorist, her powers flaring out of control and ultimately seeking refuge in the X-Men. That X-Men Evolution episode of her powers going haywire and her single-handedly taking down all of the X-Men would be so good on the big screen.

Did anyone else read Byron Burton's and John Ottman's proposed script for a Beast solo movie that "leaked" a few days ago? I honestly think it's pretty good, certainly for a first draft.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/si...20Beast%20.pdf

I would have liked to see the villain's story and Beast's motivation for getting involved in the first place (he's honestly a bit of a cipher throughout the script) beefed up a bit, a clearing up on the current continuity of the X-Men films, and not as many indulgent cameos. Also, Beast goes into a berserker mode and kills A LOT of people at one point, which I think could be toned down and given more proper weight.
    Last edited by TheNewFiftyForum; 06-15-2019 at 08:13 AM.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

BANNED

Magneto
    Rogue
    Storm

All easy winners under the legit Marvel writers

What I'd like to see

Bobby guest in the eventual 3rd Spider-Man film (What can I say I was a Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends kid).

Rogue in Captain Marvel 2 Mystique and a proto Brotherhood (Blob, Pyro, and Avalanche they can just be cameos).

Storm making a guest appearance in Black Panther 2 setting her up for a solo film.

Beast in a future incarnation of the Avengers he works well there and gives more space in a proper X-Men film to other mutants.

If WandaVision is given a 2nd season introduce Magneto and reveal he is the child of Holocaust survivors after the war they returned to their eastern European home and he grew up with stories of the horrors they experienced. He married but him and his wife were caught in the ethnic cleansing of the 90's in Eastern Europe and they sent their infant twins to Sokovia for safety.

X-23 instead of Logan for already mentioned reasons and her search for him .

A proper X-Men film with basically this line up https://images.app.goo.gl/RDo1TW8Jhv9TD2Qn9 except minus Beast maybe add Forge as a supporting character for the tech stuff.

Like to see an Excalibur movie with Psylocke and Captain Britain used to created a European hybrid of the X-Men and Avengers using both Mutant and Non Mutant heroes.

Disney+ Series

Gambit during his Thieves Guild years.

X-Factor Investigations.

Dazzler series where she is kidnapped and on Mojo World with Long shot.

X-Men Academy series focusing on the New X-Men from the 00's to today so characters like Hellion, Dust, Surge, Rockslide, Blindfold, Wolf Cub, Match, Gentle, Mercury, Anole, Prodigy, Wither, Elixir, Wallflower, Kid Omega, Icarus, Wind Dancer, Nature Girl, Changeling, Ink, Triage, Goldballs, Onyx, Bling, Shark Girl, etc.

So basically that's my wish list.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Magneto
    Rogue
    Storm

All easy winners under the legit Marvel writers
    Exactly who I was going to say. I'd add Gambit to this list.

A movie about Bishop's future is also a possibility I think.

I think Wolverine, Gambit, Storm, Psylocke and Magneto would be the more interesting universes to be explored in a movie.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Love it! Did you have any details to flesh out? I want to know why he is on the run, how does he run into the Avengers?
    I don't really know, I'm a sucky writer, lol. I like to think he's made the unofficial leader of a small group of public mutants in the New York area, and post snap people are more wary and un-trusting than ever, so mutant hysteria is building, and he gets framed for murder. It establishes that he can lead, but requires someone like Prof. X to build the bridge of trust between everyone.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I'm not sure they can work much on solo movies (outside Wolverine).
    If it happened i would like one about Psylocke.

A Cyclops movie with perhaps a story like Man of Steel (but good)

You go from moments of his childhood in the orphanage, when he met Xavier ... with a current story. Scott has an interesting past that seems to come from Dickens.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I said it another thread but I would love a Wolverine movie that starts shortly after he was experimented on by Weapon X and given his adamantium covered bones. He would still be sort of Feral living in the deep woods with almost no memory of his past. The Canadian govt would hear rumors of the wild man of the woods and send people to investigate, but they would be overwhelmed by the madman. They send in their first superpowered agent called Guardian to stop him. Guardian fights the madman and is able to bring him in and with the help of his wife Heather they are able to bring the man back to his senses even if his memory is a jumbled mess. The man takes the name Logan and becomes a member of the fledgling team Alpha Flight along with Guardian, Northstar, Shaman, and Snowbird. There first real task is to stop the mythical creature Wendigo.