Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Solo X-Men films in the MCU, what would you like to see?

Some discussion in the Future of the X-Men on the big screen thread got me thinking about how I'd like to see the X-Men introduced into the MCU. A few posters have mentioned the idea of Marvel sticking with what worked previously and doing solo movies before the big team up and I am find myself liking that idea quite a lot. I'm curious how everyone would like to see this done if Marvel should choose to go this route as opposed to starting off with an ensemble movie. I'll start it off with some idea's I'd like to see personally.

First Movie

Wolverine- Logan has so many ties to characters in the MCU and he is by far the most popular X-Men that I think it is an easy win for Marvel to start with him. Personally I would have him show up in a Captain America movie during the end credits with some interaction with Bucky and Sam.

For his movie he could be searching for answers to his past and run into Sabertooth or Weapon X or whoever you want to use as the antagonist (not Romulus). Since Endgame it could be explained he met Steve in the past because the "snap" affected all space and time and he knows Cap during their time together from the War. He is looking for Cap but when he finds Sam has taken over he has questions. If that doesn't work just call him the "first mutant" like they did in the Ultimate Universe and have his origin stem from human experimentation that created mutants. I know this may ruffle some feathers of the comic book purists but it would make it easy to explain why he knows Cap and Fury and everyone but has been hidden away as the government lost control of their experiment. At the end he could be recruited to either the brotherhood or the X-men in the stinger.

Second Movie

Storm- I know multiple posters have said they should introduce Storm in BP2 and I couldn't agree more. She can either play a main role or she can be a tease and the end.

For her movie I would like to see a comic accurate retelling of her childhood and her young adult life with the Shadow King being the underlying villain that has haunted her forever. It starts with her as a thief in Cairo, moves to her time being worshiped as a Goddess in Africa and the last act would be a young adult Storm battling and defeating her demon so to speak. You could tie in Dr. Strange since he deals with the Astral Plane like Prof X and Shadow King.

Third Movie

Charles, Cyclops and Jean Grey- For this one I think it should be about Cyclops and Jean more than Professor X. I think you could get away with a quick opening act that shows Xavier rescuing them and hiding them at his school, from their we see them fall in love while trying to protect other mutants that are in danger. At the end they could be sent to free some mutants from a clandestine military unit (Weapon X) and the mutants they free at the end could be Beast and Nightcrawler or whoever Marvel wants to use. Stinger could be them taking the X-jet to recruit Storm in Wakanda or Logan in Canada.

Fourth Movie

X-Men- I think with enough world building and teasers/easter eggs you could easily have the X-Men come together by the forth movie to face a big bad. Until this movie they are operating in secrecy but something so big happens that only they know about that they have no choice but to expose themselves to save the world. This is how the Avengers find out about them and the world at large. No team ups yet but maybe BP or someone has a cameo at the end.

Let me hear your ideas, some of the stuff you all post is really interesting and I'm sure there are some great concepts floating around in those heads of yours!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

With the speculation of the Black Widow movie being set in the past, it could be pretty neat if Logan had a cameo, but I doubt it. As for his solo film, I think your idea seems like a great setup. The teaser at the end could be Logan receiving orders to kill Charles Xavier.

I don't think I would change anything with your Storm concept.

As for the X-men film, I'm not entirely sure. Master Mold could be the main threat with Sentinels being the cause for the X-men to come out to the public. Krakoa could still work as a means to bring a new team in as well.

As for other solo films, I could see Marvel doing Gambit and Dazzler as well. What they could be, I'm not too sure.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 06-14-2019 at 08:29 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

I mean you would have to have absolutely no soul to look at that face and tell her she can't play anymore:

With the huge shadow Jackman left being the only actor to play the role and being incredibly popular and doing it for 17 years I think Logan needs a big break.

Start off with X-23 and reverse engineer the Wolverine story where she is looking for her "father".

So here is what I want would see

Solo Movies

-Wolverine- Wolverine stuff

-Deadpool- Deadpool stuff

-Gambit-(Replacing Fantomex)- Heist/chase/ romance movie with Bishop being one of the agents chasing him think Will Smith/Margie Robbie Focus but with Superpowers

-Psylocke- Revenge action film against the Hand/government think a superpower la femme Nikita/ Salt movie

Disney+ one shots Archangel, Cable, Domino, Rogue, and Bishop.

Angel gets introduce in the main x-man line. While I think the big guns Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey can work in solo movies. I think this better a way to go about it Wolverine would show up in the first X-men movie and go off to do this "X-force" stuff. Xavier sends him off a secret mission for his solo movie which ends with him needing a team. Each of these solo movies is leading up to X-force Dark Angel Saga modify for the big screen. Deadpool movie would introduce Cable and Domino, Gambit movie would introduce Bishop and Rogue. Leaving the mainline of X-men to focus on Cyclops and different characters. Each of character mention are action-based characters with each having solos or long miniseries which easy transition for solo movies. Then X-men and X-force work to together in one big movie.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 06-14-2019 at 09:22 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    With the huge shadow Jackman left being the only actor to play the role and being incredibly popular and doing it for 17 years I think Logan needs a big break.

Start off with X-23 and reverse engineer the Wolverine story where she is looking for her "father".
    I'd had this exact thought. Have Laura turn up one day, with everyone wondering where the hell the little murder ball came from. Maybe have a scene of Old Man Rogers recollecting about rumors of a familiarly feral soldier serving in a Canadian spec ops unit during the War.

Cyclops solo movie in the same vein of Bucky on the lam in Civil War or Wolverine's introduction in X1, and have him interact with the Avengers.

That way people know who's the real leader of the X-Men here.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

-Gambit-(Replacing Fantomex)- Heist/chase/ romance movie with Bishop being one of the agents chasing him think Will Smith/Margie Robbie Focus but with Superpowers
    This is like my dream movie. Throw in a little time-travel shenanigans and you got gold
    Make Good Art

Gambit vs Thieves and Assassins Guulds in Nola with Candra and Sinister. Something like John Wick with thieves and assassins own traditions, clubs, history and other secret stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Some discussion in the Future of the X-Men on the big screen thread got me thinking about how I'd like to see the X-Men introduced into the MCU. A few posters have mentioned the idea of Marvel sticking with what worked previously and doing solo movies before the big team up and I am find myself liking that idea quite a lot. I'm curious how everyone would like to see this done if Marvel should choose to go this route as opposed to starting off with an ensemble movie. I'll start it off with some idea's I'd like to see personally.

First Movie

Wolverine- Logan has so many ties to characters in the MCU and he is by far the most popular X-Men that I think it is an easy win for Marvel to start with him. Personally I would have him show up in a Captain America movie during the end credits with some interaction with Bucky and Sam.

For his movie he could be searching for answers to his past and run into Sabertooth or Weapon X or whoever you want to use as the antagonist (not Romulus). Since Endgame it could be explained he met Steve in the past because the "snap" affected all space and time and he knows Cap during their time together from the War. He is looking for Cap but when he finds Sam has taken over he has questions. If that doesn't work just call him the "first mutant" like they did in the Ultimate Universe and have his origin stem from human experimentation that created mutants. I know this may ruffle some feathers of the comic book purists but it would make it easy to explain why he knows Cap and Fury and everyone but has been hidden away as the government lost control of their experiment. At the end he could be recruited to either the brotherhood or the X-men in the stinger.

Second Movie

Storm- I know multiple posters have said they should introduce Storm in BP2 and I couldn't agree more. She can either play a main role or she can be a tease and the end.

For her movie I would like to see a comic accurate retelling of her childhood and her young adult life with the Shadow King being the underlying villain that has haunted her forever. It starts with her as a thief in Cairo, moves to her time being worshiped as a Goddess in Africa and the last act would be a young adult Storm battling and defeating her demon so to speak. You could tie in Dr. Strange since he deals with the Astral Plane like Prof X and Shadow King.

Third Movie

Charles, Cyclops and Jean Grey- For this one I think it should be about Cyclops and Jean more than Professor X. I think you could get away with a quick opening act that shows Xavier rescuing them and hiding them at his school, from their we see them fall in love while trying to protect other mutants that are in danger. At the end they could be sent to free some mutants from a clandestine military unit (Weapon X) and the mutants they free at the end could be Beast and Nightcrawler or whoever Marvel wants to use. Stinger could be them taking the X-jet to recruit Storm in Wakanda or Logan in Canada.

Fourth Movie

X-Men- I think with enough world building and teasers/easter eggs you could easily have the X-Men come together by the forth movie to face a big bad. Until this movie they are operating in secrecy but something so big happens that only they know about that they have no choice but to expose themselves to save the world. This is how the Avengers find out about them and the world at large. No team ups yet but maybe BP or someone has a cameo at the end.

Let me hear your ideas, some of the stuff you all post is really interesting and I'm sure there are some great concepts floating around in those heads of yours!
    If it hadn't have been done so recently I'd prefer giving Charles his own origin movie and start the franchise there. The X-Men wouldn't exist without Charles and I think the MCU is a chance to avoid the terrible characterizations that have been lumped on him over the years in the comics, something FOX did pretty well for the most part. There's still so much that movie audiences don't know about Charles comic history and it's not all bad.

I'd love to see Jean and Scott actually carry a movie on their own. It would require some talented writing and inspired casting but I think it's possible. Your take on what that movie would look like makes sense to me though. The real challenge would be to weave the love story into what makes those two characters so great individually and the audience can see over the course of the movie how well they compliment each other. Puts them on solid footing before you know who shows up so ideally the triangle is never really a thing.

Logan's movie also sounds good. He really is capable of carrying a movie on his own but Logan's always been at his best with someone to protect or mentor. I'd find an element to that. Maybe Carol before she got her powers? It would create a good tie in between another major (or will be major?) MCU character that's probably going to stick around.

The Storm movie would be an area I might go a different direction. Yes, her origin would be interesting but I don't think it's really her best character beats solo. I'd be tempted to combine Lifedeath with the Adversary arc (Unfinished Business?) to really center this around her history with Forge and her overcoming being de-powered. Hell, you could even have Roma make the deal with Storm to off the Adversary and have her step through the Siege Perilous to find herself de-aged in an African village somewhere, being worshiped as a goddess for the X-men to recruit later. Yes, the Shadow King is a better villain than the Adversary and you'd have to wave the other X-Men involvement but these are some of her better stories from that era in my opinion. It be a bit of a greek tragedy, but I think it would make a good movie. One major downside to this is that it cut the legs out of the outback era, which might be too much for some but I don't really see that ever being a movie anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post

I can get behind this

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'd had this exact thought. Have Laura turn up one day, with everyone wondering where the hell the little murder ball came from. Maybe have a scene of Old Man Rogers recollecting about rumors of a familiarly feral soldier serving in a Canadian spec ops unit during the War.
    Yes, that would be dope

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Cyclops solo movie in the same vein of Bucky on the lam in Civil War or Wolverine's introduction in X1, and have him interact with the Avengers.

That way people know who's the real leader of the X-Men here.
    Love it! Did you have any details to flesh out? I want to know why he is on the run, how does he run into the Avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Gambit vs Thieves and Assassins Guulds in Nola with Candra and Sinister. Something like John Wick with thieves and assassins own traditions, clubs, history and other secret stuff.
    This sounds super fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    So here is what I want would see

Solo Movies

-Wolverine- Wolverine stuff

-Deadpool- Deadpool stuff

-Psylocke- Revenge action film against the Hand/government think a superpower la femme Nikita/ Salt movie

Disney+ one shots Archangel, Cable, Domino, Rogue, and Bishop.

Angel gets introduce in the main x-man line. While I think the big guns Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey can work in solo movies. I think this better a way to go about it Wolverine would show up in the first X-men movie and go off to do this "X-force" stuff. Xavier sends him off a secret mission for his solo movie which ends with him needing a team. Each of these solo movies is leading up to X-force Dark Angel Saga modify for the big screen. Deadpool movie would introduce Cable and Domino, Gambit movie would introduce Bishop and Rogue. Leaving the mainline of X-men to focus on Cyclops and different characters. Each of character mention are action-based characters with each having solos or long miniseries which easy transition for solo movies. Then X-men and X-force work to together in one big movie.

I would love to see the Dark Angel saga on film, one of the best X-Stories ever written. How would you explain Archangel though? I feel like Apocalypse is integral to his Warren becoming Archangel so I'm curious how you would side step it, or weave it in.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Wolverine. Either Laura or Logan.

The X-characters don't work as solo characters outside of them. The team dynamic is what makes them. I like the characters, but a Scott, Jean, or Betsy solo movie is doomed to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Wolverine. Either Laura or Logan.

The X-characters don't work as solo characters outside of them. The team dynamic is what makes them. I like the characters, but a Scott, Jean, or Betsy solo movie is doomed to fail.
    That's a touch pessimistic, and also a completely untested hypothesis. It's a matter of the plot, cast and execution. It's our own preconceptions that limit our imagination.

Hell, I bet someone could even make a good solo movie about a telepath who wanders into a strip club.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Wolverine

Storm

Phoenix

Rogue

Nightcrawler

Gambit

Beast

Psylocke

White Queen

X-23

Domino

Dazzler

Quicksilver
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”