Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The X-Books Member Appreciation Thread

Having been around here off an on a little while now, I've come to appreciate what makes this place so truly special to the X-Men fandom community. That's all of you. I thought I would take the time to recognize some of you who've made my time here both deeply fulfilling and frustrating, often at the same time. In no particular order...

CuteClops: We agreed about two things ever but there never was a more relentless Scott defender to be had here. You had no chill whatsoever but I find this place lesser for your absence even if it's so much more peaceful "Now let's get back to Appreciating Cyclops"

Hizashi: Do you remember the wasteland that was Scott's thread Christmas of 2017? I felt like it was you, me and CC holding the thing together. Just an all around great contributor to this community and another Scott stalwart. I've always appreciated your posts. The only problem is I think we agree too much

phoenixzero23: Perhaps the most decent person around here. Helps beat the Jott drum when the rest of the faithful are away, but respects everyone's opinions. I really appreciate the kindness you bring to this place.

Fubar007: One of the folks around here I spared with more regularly early on. Won me over with deep knowledge and a keen mind for how to eviscerate arguments. Usually mine. I dread those replies to my posts cause I know I'm probably going to get owned. I learn something new every time FUBAR drops a post even if it's a lesson in humility. We'll never agree about Utopia, or how to really reconcile Jean and Scott, but I'm always happy to come back and find you still around.

MarvelMaster616: I used to suspect that Marvel was paying you off because not a negative word every really came out of your mouth about any story ever. Most upbeat and consistently positive member. Prolific fic writer to boot. Maybe the biggest Marvel fan to be found here. In a sea of negativity, your posts are refreshing, even if I still suspect your getting kickbacks. I'll never agree that polygamy is the answer to the triangle but that did make me laugh.

Spirit2011: Gets on my list through sheer persistence. We agree on nothing. Never will I suspect. I've just never seen someone defend a point to the death, and beyond if necessary like you. We both care about Jean so that makes us allies, whether you like it or not! If someone was giving out awards for stubbornness, you'd win them all. Gotta say I do appreciate you. Who else would I argue with?

JeanGreyForever: Dearly departed but not forgotten. Didn't like her one bit to begin with, then realized she knew everything there was to know about Jean, and pretty much everyone else. Took the time to educate me instead of just trading barbs. We dreamed up some cool stuff together. Turned out to be a real gem. I miss you!

There's many more of you that have made me laugh, groan or actually stop and think. That last one is something my wife will tell you is real achievement. Your passion for the X-Men has kept me interested when it felt like nothing in print could.

If there are some of you who want to take a moment to recognize the people around here who've made your time meaningful, hopefully this will be a place to publicly recognize them for what they bring to our community.

Well, let's start with the obvious:

phoenixzero23 and RachelGrey, thank you very much for keeping me sane during a trying time for some of my favorite characters.

What would the forum be without our resident fun-loving Cloud Cuckoolander, Snoop Dogg?, or our esteemed history professor MarvelMaster616?

Special thanks to bell, myownlittleusername, Silver Fang, and Diammandis

And now for the olive branches

First is for the leader of the Storm army, butterflykyss. I don't always agree with you, but I respect your passion.

Second is for the person I often burn down the threads with, and drive everyone (including the mods) crazy, Spirit2011. I hope that Jean's bright future helps to ease the pain of the past.

I miss Carabas. Snoop Dogg’s fun and I live for the times she breaks character and lets the nerd out.

I like reading yogaflame’s perspectives.

"Scott Stalwart"? Wow, thank you Ulfhammer! It's hard not to agree with you when you're making so much sense; your posts are always so well thought out and expertly written, and they make me want to bring my A-game as much as possible. You are a class act and your positive attitude is greatly appreciated.

There's plenty of people who deserve appreciation, and I'd like to name a few here:

BBeeryan for being the first friend I made here as well as the first person I debated with. They were the first Storm fan I interacted with, and I made the mistake of arguing that Storm wasn't all that.

Everyone from Scott's Appreciation Thread, including AJpyro, bell, xiyon, TheDeadSpace, PrezValentine, PsychoEFrost, RachelGrey, Gray Lensman, SpiderClops - just so many people.

Special mention to FluffyCyclopsRLZ for all of the laughs, and Doctor_Foxey for their artistic contributions, reminding me that I still have plenty of my own work to do.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

FluffyCyclopsRLZ and Snoop Dogg always make me laugh. I second the idea phoenixzero23 might be the most decent person here. PrezValentine, PsychoEFrost and RachelGrey are always cool and have great perspectives. And, of course, just because I haven't mentioned you, doesn't mean you're aren't cool.

Sir Broadus Jr. AKA DJ Snoopadelic AKA Snoopzilla is okay. Everyone should submit to his rule, and Tycon should marry him. They will protect all young mutants.

I pray to JDW, Lord Claremont, and Patrick Stewart every day. I await for Maestroneto to interpret the doctrine and declare Kittylossus as blasphemy. Every day I have milk before bed. Or a soda. I think about comic books, and then I go to the void again.

I dream of Heroine Addict. I wake up knowing that CBR X-Books is the most holy land ever conceived. To all my fellow believers, know that we are not alone. There is a forum avatar watching from above. Cyclops has returned, Jean Grey has returned, Boom-Boom has returned. Beast is hot. We are all happy.

President Valentine shall rule the South with the power of his Stand, and unite the Scotts to Optic YEET together and provide energy. Precious cinnamon roll phoenixzero will gather the telepaths of House Grey to be the Lord of the East, for they deserve to be the first to witness the rising sun's light. butterflykiss shall go North, and with the other Storms, they will hold back the blizzards that would kill us all. Hush shall go West with the pack of Wolverines, and join Arya Stark on the hunt for good scripts and plots. The four corners of the Earth are protected.

The mods shall hold the planet together, and halt the derailments. salarta shall maintain the atmosphere, never descending until Polaris is done right. Dementia5 shall gather the Jubilees and bring warmth. PsychoEFrost will maintain balance with House Frost by bringing the cold.

And my kingdom shall hold the center, dedicated to the one great cause. Finding shirtless pictures of Magneto. This is the will, this is the way. Of Nightcrawler. Of sungila.

Amen, and God Bless America!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

triniking never got the four dollars I owe them ayyy lmao

BANNED

I appreciate Jordan D. White

BANNED

Not the kind of thread you'd expect to see here, but a welcome surprise nonetheless.

Let's see, starting from the Scott or the Jott threads. Hizashi, PsychoEFrost, TheCape, Fluffy, TheDeadSpace, xiyon, AHRNIHAL, Gray Lensman, Jeison Wolf, Doctor_Foxey, Ulfhammer, FUBAR007, Omega Alpha, Glio, bell, everyday on those threads is fun because of each and everyone of you. Thanks for making this a better place to be around.

phoenixzero23 gets a specific shout out for being a precious cinnamon roll, too good, too pure for this world and generally helping bring me a smile for being such a sweetheart.

This place wouldn't be the same without Snoop Dogg, no doubt a being of a higher tier who blesses us with his posts every single day and we can only be grateful.

I also miss CuteClops, who, despite being a little bundle of wrath, actually got the discussion going everyday LMAO

Speaking of absent people, I miss Gambit, King of Thieves, who's absent due to his work on the navy, if I'm not mistaken. If you come to read this, bub, hope you're doing great and we can talk to you on Scott's thread again, you're missed there.

salarta and Ambaryerno deserve all the respect for their unyielding fandom, despite their faves being unfairly treated. So does Fokken, for being a generally nice person and, somehow, being more horny for Scott Summers than Jean, Emma, Sinister and Wolverine combined.

Tycon and Anduinel are people whose posts I really like reading and appreciate how much they bring to discussions. You guys are really cool.

Also Hush, whose knowledge of Logan is amazing and got me a great reading list I'm working through.

Lots of names here LMAO Anyway, thanks to all those mentioned for making this place better in general, someway or another. And thanks for all the pals who mentioned me. In the immortal words of Lord Keanu, you're all breathtaking.

Cool thread, there are definetly many.

Hush for giving me that awesome list in the first thread that i made in this side of the forum and the conversations about Wolverine, DD and videogames that we got both in the Logan Appreciation Thread, i might not post as much anymore (lifr troubles) but man you made this place so enjoyable, i hope that are doing well.

phoenixzero23 you are probably the most pleasant person that i met in this forum.

PrezValentine, Ulfhammer, Hizashi i put you three here because of the same reason, i always enjoy reading your post about Scott and although i might not share the same passion for him that you have, seeing your love for him is pretty amazing.

SpiderClops, yogaflame, PsychoEFrost I don't think that i agreed much with you in almost anything, but i'm always interested in seeing your perspective of things.

Special mention to:
    TheDeadSpace, Snoop Dog, FURBAR007, Gray Lensman, Jeison Wolf, MarvelMaster616, GylT'Nav, SilverFang you are all amazing.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I think my favorite person to talk with on the forum is PsychoEFrost, I help him stay positive about Emma, and he helps me stay positive about Rachel.

phoenixzero23 I agree with everyone else, you are always so nice in every thread you post in and you always try to be positive.
    Havok83 you are also the one who always tries to keep us positive in the Rachel thread and I really appreciate it.

ClanAskani and Askani's Flame, I think we all trade off on days when we are positive about Rachel's future and negative about Rachel's future. I think the three of us do a pretty good job of keeping Rachel's fire alive.

I have to put out an olive branch to the posters in the Jean thread and Jott shippers, I know I try your patience sometimes with my whole Jean/Emma friendship wish, but I appreciate your endless patience with how annoying I am. Thankfully I love Scott and Jean so even when we disagree I always feel like we can still find common ground with each other.

Finally, Spirit2011, like PsychoEFrost, I hope you can accept my olive branch, I know we disagree on things fairly often, but I appreciate everything you bring to our discussions. No matter what I will always agree with you that Jean needs to be a featured character in the X-books and I hope she has a starring role in the relaunch this fall.

This is my favorite forum to come to, I get away from politics, and I just loving coming here and sharing in everyone's love for the X-books and the rich history of characters that exist in this franchise. I think that's what makes the X-books so great is that there is a character for pretty much everyone, someone who reaches something inside all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    awe, I love you Wiccan, you are awesome!

BANNED

I appreciate Wiccan

We stan and appreciate Wiccan and bold text.