Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The X-Books Member Appreciation Thread

Having been around here off an on a little while now, I've come to appreciate what makes this place so truly special to the X-Men fandom community. That's all of you. I thought I would take the time to recognize some of you who've made my time here both deeply fulfilling and frustrating, often at the same time. In no particular order...

CuteClops: We agreed about two things ever but there never was a more relentless Scott defender to be had here. You had no chill whatsoever but I find this place lesser for your absence even if it's so much more peaceful "Now let's get back to Appreciating Cyclops"

Hizashi: Do you remember the wasteland that was Scott's thread Christmas of 2017? I felt like it was you, me and CC holding the thing together. Just an all around great contributor to this community and another Scott stalwart. I've always appreciated your posts. The only problem is I think we agree too much

phoenixzero23: Perhaps the most decent person around here. Helps beat the Jott drum when the rest of the faithful are away, but respects everyone's opinions. I really appreciate the kindness you bring to this place.

Fubar007: One of the folks around here I spared with more regularly early on. Won me over with deep knowledge and a keen mind for how to eviscerate arguments. Usually mine. I dread those replies to my posts cause I know I'm probably going to get owned. I learn something new every time FUBAR drops a post even if it's a lesson in humility. We'll never agree about Utopia, or how to really reconcile Jean and Scott, but I'm always happy to come back and find you still around.

MarvelMaster616: I used to suspect that Marvel was paying you off because not a negative word every really came out of your mouth about any story ever. Most upbeat and consistently positive member. Prolific fic writer to boot. Maybe the biggest Marvel fan to be found here. In a sea of negativity, your posts are refreshing, even if I still suspect your getting kickbacks. I'll never agree that polygamy is the answer to the triangle but that did make me laugh.

Spirit2011: Gets on my list through sheer persistence. We agree on nothing. Never will I suspect. I've just never seen someone defend a point to the death, and beyond if necessary like you. We both care about Jean so that makes us allies, whether you like it or not! If someone was giving out awards for stubbornness, you'd win them all. Gotta say I do appreciate you. Who else would I argue with?

JeanGreyForever: Dearly departed but not forgotten. Didn't like her one bit to begin with, then realized she knew everything there was to know about Jean, and pretty much everyone else. Took the time to educate me instead of just trading barbs. We dreamed up some cool stuff together. Turned out to be a real gem. I miss you!

There's many more of you that have made me laugh, groan or actually stop and think. That last one is something my wife will tell you is real achievement. Your passion for the X-Men has kept me interested when it felt like nothing in print could.

If there are some of you who want to take a moment to recognize the people around here who've made your time meaningful, hopefully this will be a place to publicly recognize them for what they bring to our community.

Well, let's start with the obvious:

phoenixzero23 and RachelGrey, thank you very much for keeping me sane during a trying time for some of my favorite characters.

What would the forum be without our resident fun-loving Cloud Cuckoolander, Snoop Dogg?, or our esteemed history professor MarvelMaster616?

Special thanks to bell, myownlittleusername, Silver Fang, and Diammandis

And now for the olive branches

First is for the leader of the Storm army, butterflykyss. I don't always agree with you, but I respect your passion.

Second is for the person I often burn down the threads with, and drive everyone (including the mods) crazy, Spirit2011. I hope that Jean's bright future helps to ease the pain of the past.

I miss Carabas. Snoop Dogg’s fun and I live for the times she breaks character and lets the nerd out.

I like reading yogaflame’s perspectives.

"Scott Stalwart"? Wow, thank you Ulfhammer! It's hard not to agree with you when you're making so much sense; your posts are always so well thought out and expertly written, and they make me want to bring my A-game as much as possible. You are a class act and your positive attitude is greatly appreciated.

There's plenty of people who deserve appreciation, and I'd like to name a few here:

BBeeryan for being the first friend I made here as well as the first person I debated with. They were the first Storm fan I interacted with, and I made the mistake of arguing that Storm wasn't all that.

Everyone from Scott's Appreciation Thread, including AJpyro, bell, xiyon, TheDeadSpace, PrezValentine, PsychoEFrost, RachelGrey, Gray Lensman, SpiderClops - just so many people.

Special mention to FluffyCyclopsRLZ for all of the laughs, and Doctor_Foxey for their artistic contributions, reminding me that I still have plenty of my own work to do.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

FluffyCyclopsRLZ and Snoop Dogg always make me laugh. I second the idea phoenixzero23 might be the most decent person here. PrezValentine, PsychoEFrost and RachelGrey are always cool and have great perspectives. And, of course, just because I haven't mentioned you, doesn't mean you're aren't cool.

Sir Broadus Jr. AKA DJ Snoopadelic AKA Snoopzilla is okay. Everyone should submit to his rule, and Tycon should marry him. They will protect all young mutants.

I pray to JDW, Lord Claremont, and Patrick Stewart every day. I await for Maestroneto to interpret the doctrine and declare Kittylossus as blasphemy. Every day I have milk before bed. Or a soda. I think about comic books, and then I go to the void again.

I dream of Heroine Addict. I wake up knowing that CBR X-Books is the most holy land ever conceived. To all my fellow believers, know that we are not alone. There is a forum avatar watching from above. Cyclops has returned, Jean Grey has returned, Boom-Boom has returned. Beast is hot. We are all happy.

President Valentine shall rule the South with the power of his Stand, and unite the Scotts to Optic YEET together and provide energy. Precious cinnamon roll phoenixzero will gather the telepaths of House Grey to be the Lord of the East, for they deserve to be the first to witness the rising sun's light. butterflykiss shall go North, and with the other Storms, they will hold back the blizzards that would kill us all. Hush shall go West with the pack of Wolverines, and join Arya Stark on the hunt for good scripts and plots. The four corners of the Earth are protected.

The mods shall hold the planet together, and halt the derailments. salarta shall maintain the atmosphere, never descending until Polaris is done right. Dementia5 shall gather the Jubilees and bring warmth. PsychoEFrost will maintain balance with House Frost by bringing the cold.

And my kingdom shall hold the center, dedicated to the one great cause. Finding shirtless pictures of Magneto. This is the will, this is the way. Of Nightcrawler. Of sungila.

Amen, and God Bless America!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

triniking never got the four dollars I owe them ayyy lmao
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

I appreciate Jordan D. White

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Snoop Dogg’s fun and I live for the times she breaks character and lets the nerd out.
    Snoop Dogg is a she?
    Last edited by FUBAR007; 06-17-2019 at 09:44 AM.

What a great thread, thanks to all the people who mentioned me, that's very kind!

TheCape is the nicest person I've met on this board, he will always be optimist and really nice with everyone, that's amazing! He always brings so much positivity in every threads and especially in the Wolverine appreciation thread, this thread wouldn't be the same without him. I miss our cooking theories and our Metal Gear talk though lol, and thank you for the kind words man you also make this place much more enjoyable and I hope things will get better for you soon!

GylT'Nav is such a nice person too, I miss the theories he wrote last year about Logan's return it was amazing and much more interesting that what we've got lol.

nadler doesn't post anymore too, I miss him, he was amazing and he knew so much stuff about the X-Men and Chris Claremont, it was always so great to speak with him.

Most of the Wolverine fans I've met on this board are also really nice such as Mr Abductor, WeaponX, Jackraow21, The_Phenom2893, The Kid and many more, it's a shame that both berserkerclaw and biswaboxz don't post anymore. I hope they will come back when the Wolverine ongoing will be announced.

I'm not posting a lot outside of the Wolverine appreciation thread, but I'm still following some discussions and several people always make those discussions really fun:

PrezValentine, phoenixzero23 and TheDeadSpace are really friendly people and I always enjoy their posts about Cyclops, Jean and recent X-Men issues.

Snoop Dogg is a blessing, no matter the thread he will always make things entertaining and funny!

MarvelMaster616 is always full of positivity and know so much stuff about the X-Men!

Silver Fang, is someone I always enjoy talking to especially in the Sabretooth appreciation thread, she has an amazing knowledge of Sabretooth history.

Sungila and yogaflame I like their posts, they always provide an interesting view!

I miss Heroine Addict, I always love his posts.

Special mention to 616MarvelYear is LeapYear for posting so many recaps and panels, it makes every appreciation threads even better!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Snoop Dogg is a she?
    I am reminded by this to the reaction to the poster CJStriker badass hero

I have tallied up all votes and am happy to announce that I won Most Popular CBR X-Books Member! Speech to come at a later date...
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

There are quite a few users on this forum that I greatly appreciate and that add to the conversations/discussions in a very unique way. There are a few that I interact quite often with and feel like highlighting:

FluffyCyclopsRLz: Fun to converse with and always entertaining
    TheCape: informational and fun
    DianaWw/bell: the two of you are always a joy
    PrezValentine: great sense of humor and always provides an interesting view
    Hizashi: Probably the one I tend to agree with most while providing a fun conversation
    Phoenixzero23: extremely kind and friendly
    PsychoEFrost: passionate and informative
    Silver Fang: provides interesting perspectives and is the biggest Sabretooth fan I know
    Spirit2011: we tend to always disagree, but you provide a unique view and have an admirable passion for your favorite characters
    KangMiRae: Funny and the first person I think of when “shipping” comes to mind
    MarvelMaster616: infectious positivity
    Hush: friendly and has an amazing knowledge of Wolverine

I unfortunately could go on and on but would like to highlight the rest of the Scott Summers appreciation thread:
    Gray Lensman, AJpyro, Abbz_A, Omega Alpha, Glio, Ulfhammer, Kal-El Summers, AHRNIHAL, SpiderClops, Snoop Dogg, Havok83, RachelGrey, Cyyyke, Gambit King of Thieves, Cyke, nx01a, oldscottsummers, jpmst17, and the many others in the Scott Summers thread (hopefully I didn't miss anyone). You always make it a fun time and a joy to be a part of.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 06-16-2019 at 05:35 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia