Default Is Morrison's GREEN LANTERN still a 12-issue limited?

I have a vague memory of having recently seen - I think maybe even on this board - some claim that plans had changed and it would become an ongoing. But I can't find any clear indication of that with a quick online search. I just read this interview with him and Liam Sharp in which the interviewer says at the end that they're "halfway through" their run, which given that they're talking about issue 8, would seem to indicate a 16-issue run (MATH! I KNOWS IT!). But maybe he's using the word in a looser sense, as people sometimes do conversationally.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/green-...ar-on-the-book

I ask because I just finished #8, and holy cow, was that deliciously nutty fun. Loving this book and would love for it to go on for quite a while. And I'd barely ever read any GL before - I binged the first Geoff Johns omnibus to brush up on background when I heard Morrison would be writing the character.

Mighty Member

Sharp confirmed they're doing two 12 issue seasons with three issues not drawn by him between them plus there's an annual in July so Morrison is writing at least 28 issues total, with Sharp on art for 24 of them.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Sharp confirmed they're doing two 12 issue seasons with three issues not drawn by him between them plus there's an annual in July so Morrison is writing at least 28 issues total, with Sharp on art for 24 of them.
    Oh, awesome! I didn't know this either. Thanks for the info.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Yeeesssssss. Thanks for the details!

Any indication yet who the fill-in artist will be?

(puts on ruby slippers, clicks heels together three times) Frank Quitely, Frank Quitely, Frank Quitely.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Hopefully it gets renewed for a "third season," but I'm more than thrilled with what we're getting.