View Poll Results: Favorite Grant Morrison run on a DC Alpha hero?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Superman

19 36.54%
  • Batman

20 38.46%
  • Wonder Woman

0 0%
  • Green Lantern

7 13.46%
  • The Flash

6 11.54%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a tough one but went for Batman. His work on Superman and batman are equally outstanding but the concept of Batman and Robin Reborn puts his Batman work over his Superman.

The Concept of bringing the cycle full circle. Dick Grayson was always the key.

I have yet to read his WW.

Spectacular Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar

Green Lantern hasn't finished yet. By the time it finishes maybe my mind will change.

Batman I like. Many fresh concepts and characters or since it's Morrison, recontextualization of old ones. But as a run I think it meandered after Batman and Robin reborn. Which is the highlight imo.

I voted Superman. Mainly because I am a bit biased. Morrisons New 52 Action Comics brought me back to comics after a long absence. So I have a soft spot for it. Even more than All Star. I consider Morrisons new 52 run, The best run on the character, and a top 5 Superman comics material. Which sadly is brought down by Rags Morales inconsistent art.
    The molding of Superman's history, the use of all elements and the amazing first arc which is followed by the confusing yet incredible climax. I can make a top Superman moments just with this run alone.

I am very sad that DC doesn't give this story that much publicity cause it's a very on point Superman take. That can be used as a guide for Superman.

Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Man_of_Tomorrow View Post
    Green Lantern hasn't finished yet. By the time it finishes maybe my mind will change.

Batman I like. Many fresh concepts and characters or since it's Morrison, recontextualization of old ones. But as a run I think it meandered after Batman and Robin reborn. Which is the highlight imo.

I voted Superman. Mainly because I am a bit biased. Morrisons New 52 Action Comics brought me back to comics after a long absence. So I have a soft spot for it. Even more than All Star. I consider Morrisons new 52 run, The best run on the character, and a top 5 Superman comics material. Which sadly is brought down by Rags Morales inconsistent art.
    The molding of Superman's history, the use of all elements and the amazing first arc which is followed by the confusing yet incredible climax. I can make a top Superman moments just with this run alone.

I am very sad that DC doesn't give this story that much publicity cause it's a very on point Superman take. That can be used as a guide for Superman.
    I think it's the confusing last arc that drags it down a bit (along with the art and the New 52 costume). Morrison gets a little too self indulgent there, whereas All-Star is incredibly accessible and relatively easy to follow for a Morrison comic.

That being said, I agree almost 100%. It's definitely a Top 5 Superman run for me. I may be due for another re-read of it and All-Star back to back.

Spectacular Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think it's the confusing last arc that drags it down a bit (along with the art and the New 52 costume). Morrison gets a little too self indulgent there, whereas All-Star is incredibly accessible and relatively easy to follow for a Morrison comic.

That being said, I agree almost 100%. It's definitely a Top 5 Superman run for me. I may be due for another re-read of it and All-Star back to back.
    I understand the criticisms completely. It is indeed messy. I Imagine Morrison's workload took its toll.
    Morrison I remember an interview said wanted to continue as long as he finds the job exciting. Maybe the meandering sales or his relationship with dc changed during that period.

Because Morrison seems to want to escape the licenced Super-hero genre lately. And returns just for a while to either close an old project or make his name heard again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    His Batman with Dick as Bats is my favorite Batman run of all time!
    Me too. Also my favourite comic book run ever.

Easy Batman. His Batman and Robin Reborn is the reason I read comics today.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I LOVE his Batman run (especially Batman & Robin and anything JH Williams touched, bu I voted Superman because few runs in history can surpass the greatness of All-Star Superman. It's pretty much the quintessential take on the character, alongisde Moore's Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow.
    Me too this, exactly.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I voted "Flash" because the poll says "favorite", and we like what we like.

But looking with a critical eye, the best is Superman.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Constable of Continuity Gero4568's Avatar

Batman. His ability to invoke obscure continuity is simply impressive. Not to mention that he introduced Damian, who is one of the better Robins they've had over the years.
    Pull List: Doomsday Clock, Action Comics, Superman, Batman, Flash, Titans, Young Justice, Justice League, Harley Quinn, Green Lantern, HoC, Hawkman

The government wants the truth. I want the truth. And one way or another, we're all going to get it

-Donna Troy