Extraordinary Member

Default Question about the Infinity Gauntlet storyline, contains spoilers

I have been reading it again and wanted to ask, did Warlock know that Nebula was going to seize the Gauntlet or was he also surprised by it? He had a great plan, but did it include that?

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I have been reading it again and wanted to ask, did Warlock know that Nebula was going to seize the Gauntlet or was he also surprised by it? He had a great plan, but did it include that?
    I doubt there was anyway he could have known for sure she would do that. So I'm thinking no. And in some ways, Nebula holding the Gauntlet is MUCH worse than Thanos. So even if he could somehow know that's what she would do, I'm not sure he'd actually risk that outcome.

I think Warlock was waiting for Thanos to somehow someway shoot himself in the foot and lose the gauntlet... but I don't think he knew precisely that was how he was going to lose it. If it wasn't Nebula he would have somehow lost it some other way.

Yes, as I recall he got back into the soulworld and disrupted the gauntlet from within, something he could only do thanks to her incompetence, and which wouldn't have worked with Thanos

Extraordinary Member

Thanks guys for responding!

Mighty Member

Remember that the original plan was the Avengers distracting Thanos long enough for Surfer to sweep in at light speed and grab the gauntlet off of his hand. It very nearly succeeded and in at least one AU, did.

I just recently got into reading comics and this was the first one I read...I enjoyed it.