Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I hope somehow Diana’s sequel movie will help her. I know Dc wasn’t aspecting Wonder Woman’s movie to do well so I hope Dc changes their mind on how Diana is written

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I hope somehow Diana’s sequel movie will help her. I know Dc wasn’t aspecting Wonder Woman’s movie to do well so I hope Dc changes their mind on how Diana is written
    That'll really only help with a top notch creative team. From my experience, unless the name is Grant Morrison or someone like that, a great writer alone will not sell a book. It also needs a super popular artist (especially in WW's case since she's almost never been a huge seller). For whatever reason, the perfect combination of the two has never been assigned to this book, which really needs it more than most.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Greg Rucka left with pretty strong sales higher than normal. Generally for some reason it's often elseworld books like Legend or Earth one that does better than her main comics.

Astonishing Member

Greg Rucka left with pretty strong sales higher than normal. Generally for some reason it's often elseworld books like Legend or Earth one that does better than her main comics.
    Yeah, admittedly, the only WW stories I've picked up in years was Morrison and Paquette's Earth One books. I loved those. Those were great!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Yeah, admittedly, the only WW stories I've picked up in years was Morrison and Paquette's Earth One books. I loved those. Those were great!
    I'm a weirdo, I hated the Earth One books I'm a secret Morrison-writing hater!

But the art was nice!

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Uh, no, they’ve actually been worse before. You can’t just make up facts.

So what do people think Wonder Woman sales SHOULD be?
    For me, personally, it's not about what I think it should be, but what I'd like it to be. I'd like her to have a high-selling consistent book that everyone raves about, but I don't think she's gotten that. Every run that most people usually recommend isn't as amazing as I think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post

But the art was nice!
    I think you'll find that you're not alone in disliking Earth One here. I even disliked the art. Beautiful but too lifeless, and emphasised all the wrong things about Themyscira.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Didn't most comics during that period have higher than normal sales though? It was the first year of Rebirth.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Didn't most comics during that period have higher than normal sales though? It was the first year of Rebirth.
    Yeah. Rebirth increased sales in general at that time.

At the beginning of Rebirth, Wonder Woman even sold similar or more than Superman. However, it is likely that the changes from Rucka gave Wonder Woman comic an extra push in sales at that time (as Batgirl comic sold pretty high at the beginning of New 52).
    Last edited by Konja7; 06-20-2019 at 10:06 AM.

I wonder so far only one author who was able to give her high sells was when we got mayfly's arc Orlando on her. So it seems his arcs have been good

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post

But the art was nice!
    Morrison's hit or miss with me. Hated his Batman and X-Men, but loved his JLA, All-Star Superman, and WWE1 books obviously.

Astonishing Member

I wonder so far only one author who was able to give her high sells was when we got mayfly's arc Orlando on her. So it seems his arcs have been good
    I'm pretty sure that reason is because it's incredibly hard to find a median where both the diehard fans and newer readers can both enjoy the book.

True. But if Superman and Batman can have a more stable than Diana. Why not Diana? I really feel it's because of the writers Dc picked

Astonishing Member

The first movie was good and it didn't result in a push for Diana. Hopefully, the sequel results in a serious sustained push but I'm a bit skeptical about DC's willingness to push her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The first movie was good and it didn't result in a push for Diana. Hopefully, the sequel results in a serious sustained push but I'm a bit skeptical about DC's willingness to push her.
    In general, films don't push comics (that's why Avenger comics aren't huge sellers).

That's the problem of comics being a closed market, since fans of the films can't enter in comics.