Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Except you could use that time traveling as the impetus for his appearance in the first place because time was broken from what happened.
    Kinda feels like time travel is fair game now. I bet if they do use him, they have him be ambiguously descended from Tony rather than Doom, as Tony is the guy that invented time travel in the MCU.

Mighty Member

One thing I'd love to see with Kang is have an entire Phase of the MCU be dedicated to fighting his various incarnations. Have him fight Rama Tut in X-Men, face Mister Gryphon in Avengers, Kid Immortus in Fantastic Four and ultimately build up to Kang the Conqueror himself.

Don't think Kang is a top five anything. Character could be made to work onscreen, but not sure if the rules of time travel in the MCU would allow him to do much.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    On the other hand, how many times have people said "that won't work in live action", and then Marvel just does it anyways and it works?
    And how many times did they change something and make that work even better (e.g. Scarlet Witch's costume, Captain America's boots and head wings, etc., Iron Man in general)?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Even now moving past Thanos in the mcu, he's not really being brought up as the next big threat. Everyone is ready to see Doom, Galactus, and to see how mutants are diced in. Rumors are Korvac and Osborn might be next..lol. So why is Kang treated like a semi joke??
    Kang is a top 5 Avengers villain but not a top 5 Marvel villain if you get my meaning.

Extraordinary Member

I would like to say, I feel like if you use him right, Kang would be an excellent way to introduce Apocalypse properly in the MCU and let him stand out from the awful Fox version.

Astonishing Member

Imo no, top five avengers maybe, but entire mythos, I think he's down the list

Top five for me

Doom
    Thanos
    Apocalypse
    Green goblin
    Ultron

The Top 5 Marvel villains are Loki, Magneto, Doom, Thanos, and Green Goblin

Doom is #1
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    One thing I'd love to see with Kang is have an entire Phase of the MCU be dedicated to fighting his various incarnations. Have him fight Rama Tut in X-Men, face Mister Gryphon in Avengers, Kid Immortus in Fantastic Four and ultimately build up to Kang the Conqueror himself.
    kang can't even see straight with himself , hence the council of the cross-time kangs , where would he dedicate his time to fight his incarnations .

Spectacular Member

They already did time travel in Endgame. I don't think Kang will show up anytime soon.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Except you could use that time traveling as the impetus for his appearance in the first place because time was broken from what happened.
    That works. It's basically Kang's plot driver from A:EMH. "I'm here to fix this mess you made with the Stones. Of course, I'll need to conquer your civilization in order to implement the repairs..."

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    On the other hand, how many times have people said "that won't work in live action", and then Marvel just does it anyways and it works?
    never. it has never worked.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Kang is a top 5 Avengers villain but not a top 5 Marvel villain if you get my meaning.
    Well heres the thing..they downplayed the X universe to push the Avengers to #1...even Silver Surfer, a easy money maker on film, wasnt used correctly. So Kang is supposed to be a big deal with the Avengers yet they used the Silver Surfer's arch enemy to carry these last two Avengers movies. Either Kang can stand on his own two feet or he cant. And Kang hasnt done anything worthwhile in the books in the 2000s at all.

Even now moving past Thanos in the mcu, he's not really being brought up as the next big threat. Everyone is ready to see Doom, Galactus, and to see how mutants are diced in. Rumors are Korvac and Osborn might be next..lol. So why is Kang treated like a semi joke??
    Four words: pink knee-high boots

Mighty Member

Well heres the thing..they downplayed the X universe to push the Avengers to #1...even Silver Surfer, a easy money maker on film, wasnt used correctly. So Kang is supposed to be a big deal with the Avengers yet they used the Silver Surfer's arch enemy to carry these last two Avengers movies. Either Kang can stand on his own two feet or he cant. And Kang hasnt done anything worthwhile in the books in the 2000s at all.
    Thanos is most definitely NOT Surfer's arch enemy. To the extent Surfer has one at all, it would either be Galactus (frenemy) or Mephisto. Thanos is a universal level bad guy, who's iconic nemesis's have been Mar-vell, Drax, and Adam Warlock, and to a lesser extent the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Four words: pink knee-high boots
    I would pay good money to see them make those work.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)