Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Thanos is most definitely NOT Surfer's arch enemy. To the extent Surfer has one at all, it would either be Galactus (frenemy) or Mephisto. Thanos is a universal level bad guy, who's iconic nemesis's have been Mar-vell, Drax, and Adam Warlock, and to a lesser extent the Avengers.
    Starlin-era stuff definitely did position Thanos and Norrin as the opposing forces and epic rivals while Adam was the balance between the two.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Kang was done perfectly in the Earth's Mightiest Heroes animated series.

I understand that time travel was done in Endgame, but a Kang story doesn't need to be about time travel. He's simply a serious threat that has come from the future. You don't need to do all the convoluted time traveling scenes. Honestly, the Avengers having defeated Thanos and messed with time would be the perfect opportunity to introduce Kang, as these are events that could trigger his interest in this, to him, history.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post

I understand that time travel was done in Endgame, but a Kang story doesn't need to be about time travel. He's simply a serious threat that has come from the future. You don't need to do all the convoluted time traveling scenes. Honestly, the Avengers having defeated Thanos and messed with time would be the perfect opportunity to introduce Kang, as these are events that could trigger his interest in this, to him, history.
    I was thinking the same thing. The fact that End Game involved the Avengers messing with time travel is precisely why a Kang or an Immortus might show up. These sort of things can have consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. The fact that End Game involved the Avengers messing with time travel is precisely why a Kang or an Immortus might show up. These sort of things can have consequences.
    Exactly. If I remember right, in the animated series, Kang actually comes to our present because some event here causes his wife to begin to erase from his timeline. I forget the exact plot, but it was well done.

.. somebody needs to invent a "Time Bullet" that can get rid of Kang(s) once and for all [shoot one of them, and somehow there's a reverberation throughout multiple Kangs in the multiverse]. (at least, take him off the board for several real-time years). I could see the Punisher getting involved.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    They need to streamline his look. The box head won't work in live action.
    I agree with this. He should wear more a battle armor when he is heading into a fight. Lose the thigh high boots and go more armor but keep the green tunic and helmet though, just down play them a little. I like how he looked in that Avengers story with his helmet looking not so boxey.

Extraordinary Member

But what are his powers? What is he about?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Starlin-era stuff definitely did position Thanos and Norrin as the opposing forces and epic rivals while Adam was the balance between the two.
    If by rivals you mean foes, yes. Surfer was never a challenge to Thanos, nor was there any real fighting between them after Infinity Gauntlet.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

If by rivals you mean foes, yes. Surfer was never a challenge to Thanos, nor was there any real fighting between them after Infinity Gauntlet.
    Thanos was definitely being setup as a major Silver Surfer villain during Starlin's run prior to Infinity Gauntlet. In fact it was established in Silver Surfer that Surfer was the only one who would be able to stop Thanos. I think once it was clear Starlin was going to be writing the Adam Warlock series he moved on from Surfer in that role.

It's probably a semantics argument but still it was pretty evident where Starlin was going at least initially.

I didn't realize so many people disliked his look. I always thought Kang looked great. Such a weird design, obviously meant to be weird, as he's from some far off future. The mix of armor and strange clothing was influenced by Spanish conquistadors, many also having the thigh high boots. He needs a modern update sure, but he's a great design.

His biggest weakness is the years of time travel baggage that is unfortunately unavoidable with a character like this. Immortus, Rama Tut, and too many alternate Kangs create a heavy convoluted ball and chain for the character.

I didn't realize so many people disliked his look. I always thought Kang looked great. Such a weird design, obviously meant to be weird, as he's from some far off future. The mix of armor and strange clothing was influenced by Spanish conquistadors, many also having the thigh high boots. He needs a modern update sure, but he's a great design.

His biggest weakness is the years of time travel baggage that is unfortunately unavoidable with a character like this. Immortus, Rama Tut, and too many alternate Kangs create a heavy convoluted ball and chain for the character.
    I think his look is okay, but it's definately going to need some tweaking to translate on the big screen. Obviously not every costume that works in print necessarily works in the MCU.

I just meant in general. If he were introduced into the MCU I know they would change him, drastically most likely.

BANNED

Thanos is most definitely NOT Surfer's arch enemy. To the extent Surfer has one at all, it would either be Galactus (frenemy) or Mephisto. Thanos is a universal level bad guy, who's iconic nemesis's have been Mar-vell, Drax, and Adam Warlock, and to a lesser extent the Avengers.
    How can you have Avengers endgame without Silver Surfer? It was preposterous...they are enemies for life and always will be.

BANNED

I just meant in general. If he were introduced into the MCU I know they would change him, drastically most likely.
    The outfit he has now would look ridiculous in a movie. Be as bad as Apocalypse.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

He IS a top 5 avengers villain. Kang, Loki, Ultron, Thanos, Zemo, (korvac, or Osborn)

but... None of that will matter. Once they cast Keanu Reeves. He'll be in the top 2 then.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.