Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Kang was done perfectly in the Earth's Mightiest Heroes animated series.

I understand that time travel was done in Endgame, but a Kang story doesn't need to be about time travel. He's simply a serious threat that has come from the future. You don't need to do all the convoluted time traveling scenes. Honestly, the Avengers having defeated Thanos and messed with time would be the perfect opportunity to introduce Kang, as these are events that could trigger his interest in this, to him, history.
    Yeah, like in Kang Dynasty I think he only pulled his troops from the future while not using much Time-based technology to deal with his enemies.
    He could be just seeking a good and glorious battle for himself and the Avengers are considered his worthy foes.

As for his various version, I would just keep Immortus for them to be rivals, and they are rather distinct.

BANNED

Who do you consider smarter..Kang or Sinister?

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Who do you consider smarter..Kang or Sinister?
    Sinister is certainly the better scientist. his experiments were considered futuristic back before proper sewer systems. he influenced the High Evolutionary. Kang grew up in a tech/progress-centric world.

Sinister is only a better biologist, and the High Evolutionary stuff is a retcon I'm not a fan of. The Evolutionary is so far beyond Sinister it's not even funny.

To me Kang IS a top 5 villain. I think prior to the MCU you definitely had Magneto and Doom as the top 2, now you would need to throw Thanos into that and make it the top 3. Other candidates for the two remaining stops are: Dr Octopus and Green Goblin, Mystique (prior to the last 10 years I would have ranked Sinister or Apocalypse higher than her but I can't any longer), Loki, and Ultron and Kang who are constantly referenced as the comic Avengers top 2 villains. For me, I think the remaining two spots are Loki and Kang. Kang is much more complex than Ultron, much more dangerous than Mystique, and Dr Octopus and Green Goblin mostly play in the Spider-verse aside for a few years with GG. I guess it's debatable though, but he's in the top 5 for me.

Sinister is only a better biologist, and the High Evolutionary stuff is a retcon I'm not a fan of. The Evolutionary is so far beyond Sinister it's not even funny.
    how so? what puts him Beyond; feat-wise?

He is not one I get charge up for when I know he is coming. Doom, Ultron, Skull, Zemo, The Hood, Loki, Hydra, and the High Evolutionary all spring to mind as being more interesting.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    What he would have accomplished during Evolutionary War is a good example.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    What he would have accomplished during Evolutionary War is a good example.
    what he would accomplish is evolving everyone. that's no different than his smaller scale goals. he needed other scientists to accomplish this. and he failed. he also screwed up his own DNA from the looks of him in Uncanny Avengers. Sinister has evolved himself and others. he simply doesn't want to do it on a large scale. he sees himself as genetically superior and has made countless clones of himself (and several mutants). it just seems like we're arguing the scale of their plans; as opposed to the science involved. i'll agree that, on paper, the High Evolutionary is the top of the food chain. but, in practice, i've seen him back down to enough characters to not be impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I'm not knocking Sinister as a character, especially seeing how the Evolutionary has been so poorly written over the years, but his skills and abilities far outclass Sinister. The Evolutionary has evolved his own mind to the point of having cosmic awareness and precognition. The guy was able to create a counter-earth and even take on Galactus. Sinister is a fun villain and great as a foil for the X-men while poor Wyndham doesn't ever seem to have writers who get him. He's a difficult character, what do you do with him? He's not especially evil or malevolent.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Most of the really great villains Marvel has are generally complex and not purely villainous. I tend to prefer that type over the mustache twirling villains anyway. Off the top of my head, we have Magneto (X-Men), Dr. Doom (FF), Red Skull (Cap), Mephisto (Supernatural), and.....drawing a blank. I'd say the fifth slot is shared by Ultron and Kang/Rama-Tut/Immortus. Kang's convoluted past & future do hamstring the character a bit, but keeping up with convoluted comic book continuity is part of the fun

I'm not knocking Sinister as a character, especially seeing how the Evolutionary has been so poorly written over the years, but his skills and abilities far outclass Sinister. The Evolutionary has evolved his own mind to the point of having cosmic awareness and precognition. The guy was able to create a counter-earth and even take on Galactus. Sinister is a fun villain and great as a foil for the X-men while poor Wyndham doesn't ever seem to have writers who get him. He's a difficult character, what do you do with him? He's not especially evil or malevolent.
    Ultimately, I don't really care who's more powerful, feat-wise or otherwise, but Sinister wins in terms of who is more interesting.

That being said, I think he's also a difficult character, just one popular enough to show up a lot regardless. But while he shows up a fair bit, it's rarely anything interesting. I think Kieron Gillen's take on Sinister was the last time anything good was done with the character.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

I think that a top 15 Marvel villains list would be something like:

Magneto

Doctor Doom

Thanos

Loki

Ultron

Venom

Galactus

Apocalypse

Carnage

Red Skull

Green Goblin

Dr. Otto Octavius

Juggernaut

Kingpin

Mystique

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Ultimately, I don't really care who's more powerful, feat-wise or otherwise, but Sinister wins in terms of who is more interesting.

That being said, I think he's also a difficult character, just one popular enough to show up a lot regardless. But while he shows up a fair bit, it's rarely anything interesting. I think Kieron Gillen's take on Sinister was the last time anything good was done with the character.
    Yeah exactly, being interesting in the more important bit. It's true that Sinister hasn't, imo, been interesting since the late 90s maybe, and the Evolutionary for much longer than that. Kang on the other hand is always worth checking out.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I think that a top 15 Marvel villains list would be something like:

Magneto

Doctor Doom

Thanos

Loki

Ultron

Venom

Galactus

Apocalypse

Carnage

Red Skull

Green Goblin

Dr. Otto Octavius

Juggernaut

Kingpin

Mystique
    I’d shuffle a few of those around but I agree with the names in the list.