Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 4

*insert Bruce Banner sad walk away here*

An anthology or special is mostly a guarantee at this point, though I am curious what exactly it could be that would be worth counting down over.

omg this has to mean they’re doing an adaption of Amazing Spider-Man 3

iMan 42s

Spider-man 4 was wishful speculation (on mine and others parts). It's not like it's impossible but it was always a far off possibility.

Though I hope this does tell Marvel there is still interest in that incarnation of the character since the market is currently open to that sort of thing with adaptations.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Announce the Betty Brant solo, cowards!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Announce the Betty Brant solo, cowards!
    Wouldn't that come off too much like trying to ape Rucka's Lois Lane mini?

Unless you emphasize Betty's craziness .

Betty's cult history has definitely taught her some basic Black Magic spells and she always has a submachine gun hidden in her purse. Step up, Lane!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    omg this has to mean they’re doing an adaption of Amazing Spider-Man 3
    lol

The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Betty's cult history has definitely taught her some basic Black Magic spells and she always has a submachine gun hidden in her purse. Step up, Lane!
    Lois has Kryptonian tech in her purse. She's always ahead of the curve .

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    i blame thanos
    *snap*

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Confirmed to not be FF related or Spider-Man four related.
    https://twitter.com/CBCebulski/statu...84538735210496
    And I'm out; would've loved seeing Spider-Man 4 get resurrected as a miniseries (judging by the comments on Cebulski's thread, I'm not alone), but since I don't read post-OMD Spider-Man stuff, this doesn't have any value to me. Hope that the target audience of this project likes it, whatever it is.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    *snap*

And I'm out; would've loved seeing Spider-Man 4 get resurrected as a miniseries (judging by the comments on Cebulski's thread, I'm not alone), but since I don't read post-OMD Spider-Man stuff, this doesn't have any value to me. Hope that the target audience of this project likes it, whatever it is.
    What? No Spider-Man stuff?
    Zdarsky's run?
    Life Story?
    Spencer's run?
    Nothing???

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm still thinking it's an anthology book or special.
    Maybe. That just doesn't sound countdown worthy to me, though.

We'll find out what's what soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Maybe. That just doesn't sound countdown worthy to me, though.
    This is the Spider-Man editorial, though. They have the tendency of building up stuff in the promotion only for the actual announcement being a let down (the invitation to a "Parker's wedding", the Cosmic Ghost Rider "rewriting history", the Miles vs Peter event etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    This is the Spider-Man editorial, though. They have the tendency of building up stuff in the promotion only for the actual announcement being a let down (the invitation to a "Parker's wedding", the Cosmic Ghost Rider "rewriting history", the Miles vs Peter event etc.).
    Sounds kind of jaded to be honest.

Mighty Member

The countdown expiration will possibly (probably?) line up with the September solicitations release (1 on Wednesday or 0 on Thursday), so it could be that ASM 29/30 are a prelude to a big story (Centidemon, Mephisto, Uncle Ben's Revenge) for the winter. With Absolute Carnage still going on in September, I don't think they'd start a big event proper, but probably a prelude to an important ASM arc.

I'm inclined to guess "The Death of Mary Jane Starts Here!" - Centidemon (or maybe someone else) sets their sights on MJ (maybe through that support group she's in?) and Peter tries to save her. To go further, I'll guess that she doesn't technically die, but ends up in Hell. Peter's eventual rescue of her leads him/them to finding out about the OMD deal*. The DoMJ would lead in to some line-wide (or at least a larger group of titles) Mephisto event that Marvel has been kind of skirting around the edges of for awhile**. I doubt the marriage returns, but perhaps OMD can finally have some sort of resolution that allows everyone to move on.

*Since he's no longer here, I guess I'm channeling Miles a bit.

**No, seriously, I might have absorbed his essence or something.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    The countdown expiration will possibly (probably?) line up with the September solicitations release (1 on Wednesday or 0 on Thursday), so it could be that ASM 29/30 are a prelude to a big story (Centidemon, Mephisto, Uncle Ben's Revenge) for the winter. With Absolute Carnage still going on in September, I don't think they'd start a big event proper, but probably a prelude to an important ASM arc.

I'm inclined to guess "The Death of Mary Jane Starts Here!" - Centidemon (or maybe someone else) sets their sights on MJ (maybe through that support group she's in?) and Peter tries to save her. To go further, I'll guess that she doesn't technically die, but ends up in Hell. Peter's eventual rescue of her leads him/them to finding out about the OMD deal*. The DoMJ would lead in to some line-wide (or at least a larger group of titles) Mephisto event that Marvel has been kind of skirting around the edges of for awhile**. I doubt the marriage returns, but perhaps OMD can finally have some sort of resolution that allows everyone to move on.

*Since he's no longer here, I guess I'm channeling Miles a bit.

**No, seriously, I might have absorbed his essence or something.
    So how many titles that Mephisto has been appearing since now? I know he appeared in Superior Spider-Man, Champions, and the Avengers. ( I also know MARVEL made an OMD joke in Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man)