Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 4

Default 4

Marvel is teasing some kind of Spider-Man project involving the number 4.

https://www.newsarama.com/45629-marv...der-man-4.html

Theories include some kind of team-up with the Fantastic Four, or a comic book adaptation of Raimi's Spider-Man 4 ideas.

What do you guys think?

And yeah, that's probably the shortest thread title in this board's history.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

🅱ombastic 🅱ag-Man 🅱e 🅱ack 🅱aby
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Brevoort tweeted this out a couple days ago, which is almost certainly referring to this tease.

https://twitter.com/TomBrevoort/stat...79799410999296

He says its an anniversary project, so its more likely than not a one-shot, and because of that makes me feel like it could very well end up being a Spider-Man 4 adaptation. It's possible its a new FF crossover, but I'm not sure what about it would make it significantly more special, or what crazy creative team could make it special.

I remember reading a Spider-Man 3 star who's name starts with T was gonna pull up in Black Mirror and wondering for about a minute why Tobey sounded so much like Spider-Man 3 alumni Topher Grace.

I hope it's Spider-Man Incapacitates The Marvel Universe.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Brevoort tweeted this out a couple days ago, which is almost certainly referring to this tease.

https://twitter.com/TomBrevoort/stat...79799410999296

He says its an anniversary project, so its more likely than not a one-shot, and because of that makes me feel like it could very well end up being a Spider-Man 4 adaptation. It's possible its a new FF crossover, but I'm not sure what about it would make it significantly more special, or what crazy creative team could make it special.
    He also says "a bunch of creators" which tells me it might be an anthology type story.

iMan 42s

Spider-man 4 comic adaptation similar to what happened with that Alien 3 script?

Spider-man story about him hanging out with the Fantastic Four in anthology format?

Spider-man is pulled into the Fantastic Four book insuring I'm never rid of Slott on any title I'm reading even when he's no longer on it.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

A Spider-Man 4 adaptation would be amazing!!!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Alex Ross has tweeted something potentially relevant.

https://twitter.com/thealexrossart/s...09811185668096
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can’t wait for more info!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

iMan 42s

Being a bit more optimistic speculation on my part, what if this does have something to do with Spider-man 4?

We know they tried getting Tobey Maguire back for Into the Spiderverse, Insomniac saw the demand for the Raimi costume, and Quinten Beck might be from another dimension in Spider-man: Far from home and we never did see Mysterio in that continuity (outside the game but that is of dubious canon). So what if there is a push for Tobey to come back (noting the demand for his portrayal), or that it's a comic lead-in to FFH? Potentially filling in Mysterio's background in his home reality by way of Tobey's Spider-man?

If Tobey ever came back, that might be an easy way of doing Ben Reilly without worrying about Clones but this is all just wishful thinking on my part.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Hmm maybe they will do that vulture and Felicia plot point when they writing up 4
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

If it's the Raimi Spider-Man 4 story in comic-book form…

Way to troll us FF fans, Marvel!

That said, since Cebulski tweeted "No one is going to see this one coming..." my money is on a foursome with Peter Parker's Aunt May, MJ Watson's Aunt Anna, and Ben Grimm's Aunt Petunia and Uncle Jacob. There, I said it.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

The web line logo pattern and the blue background does resemble the credit sequences of the Raimi movies.

An adaptation of Spider-Man 4 in comics format is gonna be odd because there was never a complete script that Raimi liked. He left before that happened. A lot of the writers who did work on those films, such as Alvin Sargeant have passed away (though given that Sargeant passed away recently, maybe he contributed to this before his death who knows).

But in either case, Spider-Man 4 never really got past the first hurdles of pre-production. There were ideas tossed around and discussed but Raimi never liked the direction it was going. So whatever Spider-Man 4 homage we get is gonna be pure guess-work, unless of course Raimi himself comes and writes it (and given that he had extensive writing credits on Spider-Man 3, that might not be for the best).

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

It is time...

"I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

The tweet is gone, which is something that should definitely be noted.