Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: 4

Mighty Member

Really, after all the discussions and theories I heard about a possible Spider-man 4 adaptation, I know that I will be disapointed.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I'm convinced they did it because they knew it'd spread like fire and go viral if they teased the whole Raimi thing. Alex Ross tweeted out related tweets of Spider-Man 4 and ended up deleting them shortly after. One hell of a coincidence! :P
    If Ross made the Tweets at their behest, maybe? It was always a pretty thin case to be honest, so I seriously doubt that Marvel was trying to trick fans into thinking an SM4 adaptation was happening. Probably just a random Wild Mass Guess that Cebulski chose to make a nod to in hyping the actual project.

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Really, after all the discussions and theories I heard about a possible Spider-man 4 adaptation, I know that I will be disapointed.
    Don't blame you; I think this going to be along the lines of that stunt a few years back where they claimed they were going to change the industry forever and all it was was some novelty lenticular covers.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    I use blue text for sarcastic comments. It helps a lot.
    i get that the internet makes tone hard to decipher, and while i think your solution is pretty elegant...there's a part of me that can't stand to explain a joke, even in a way as subtle as you suggest.

so...i guess i'll just continue to be misunderstood and grow my fringe really long
    troo fan or death

Extraordinary Member

Finally, https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1141405233383432194

One what? One of these day, hmm, one more... day?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Finally, https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1141405233383432194

One what? One of these day, hmm, one more... day?
    https://twitter.com/CBCebulski/statu...09252558430216

Doesn't look like it. At this point, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post

The fact he bothered to even make a One More Day joke makes me very suspicious. But I suppose I shouldn't keep my hopes up.

Astonishing Member

Could be a double-bluff.

Fantastic Member

https://twitter.com/CBCebulski/statu...25654866190336

There's also that, whatever it is, has nothing to do with the new villain. If it is OMD related, sounds like he has no part.

Extraordinary Member

Wait, is he joking about waiting another day, or implying it had to do with OMD? I am sure it is the latter he is joking about, but I kind of feel like these are worse than the announcement there will be an announcement kind of marketing tactics. At this point, at least tell us to stay tuned to Twitter or whatever for whatever it is this seems to be counting down to.

Incredible Member

To be honest I'm suprised that the prospect of adapting Raimi's Spider-Man 4 was met with do much enthusiasm, I mean we all saw Spider-Man 3, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    To be honest I'm suprised that the prospect of adapting Raimi's Spider-Man 4 was met with do much enthusiasm, I mean we all saw Spider-Man 3, right?
    Spider-Man 3 was more of a result of Sony and Avi Arad meddling than anything else in my eyes, the great stuff in it was all Raimi.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    A.) Some of us like it more then others.

B.) SM3 notwithstanding, the trilogy as a whole is widely regarded well, does have a huge nostalgia factor, and still is regarded as containing some of the best movies in the genre.

All that said, I will concede that, had it been a graphic novel based on the ideas for SM4, I was wondering how that would've been pulled off, given that we do know that the treatments being worked on at the time of cancelation were not considered to be very good by Sam Raimi (which was one of the factors that lead to him agreeing to pull the plug). Now, I think it could be done if everyone who needed to sign off on it did and I could see flaws in the story as is, if not corrected, being given grace, since the point of such a comic was to present what would've been (if that makes any sense). I'd be happy if it ever happened (either in a "as is" form or revised to fix problems and whatnot), but I do think that it would be an assignment that would have its own pitfalls and I could see readers not being happy with it despite all the positive hype that the idea of it happening created.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeCrash View Post
    Spider-Man 3 was more of a result of Sony and Avi Arad meddling than anything else in my eyes, the great stuff in it was all Raimi.
    Raimi has held himself responsible for the movie not working and some of the problems (like not enough screen time to develop the villains enough) can be traced back to him. That said, I do feel he's a bit hard on himself and that he made a better film under the circumstances then could be expected. In any event, I would content that SM3 is better crafted and holds up a lot better then other weak movies in the genre, like X-Men 3, the first Wolverine movie, and even Iron Man 2 in terms the story structure and plot. But that's just me.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Thing is, considering Raimi didn't even like where the script of SM4 was going, there was no reason to get excited for the prospect of a adaptation of "Raimi's script".

My guesses:
    -A anthology celebrating... something.
    -The new Spider-Man themed event.
    -A new team book with spider people. Didn't really considered this one until I realized that Miles is off Champions, meaning that he could join a team and Marvel is very likely to get him into one.

Astonishing Member

I laughed at people thinking it had anything to do with SM4 (which had an awful leaked script).
    The Raimi SM trilogy of films are some of the most overrated CBMs today. I think people just need their nostalgia bubble burst, because they don’t hold up. And Toby Maguire was a horrendous Spidey. His quips were just cringe and he felt stiff in the role.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I laughed at people thinking it had anything to do with SM4 (which had an awful leaked script).
    The Raimi SM trilogy of films are some of the most overrated CBMs today. I think people just need their nostalgia bubble burst, because they don’t hold up. And Toby Maguire was a horrendous Spidey. His quips were just cringe and he felt stiff in the role.
    Whatever. I laugh at you man. That was so ridiculous.