Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: 4

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I laughed at people thinking it had anything to do with SM4 (which had an awful leaked script).
    The Raimi SM trilogy of films are some of the most overrated CBMs today. I think people just need their nostalgia bubble burst, because they don’t hold up. And Toby Maguire was a horrendous Spidey. His quips were just cringe and he felt stiff in the role.
    I agree that there's a filter of nostalgia that many fans view the Maguire films through but I also think they still have a lot of merit.

As for what this announcement will end up being, I'm stumped.

I hope it isn't something ridiculously anti-climatic but at the same time, I can't imagine what would warrant this kind of build-up.

Spencer isn't going anyplace on ASM. I don't think a new satellite title would rate this kind of hype. And likewise, an annual or anthology doesn't seem worthy of this much hyperbole.

But hey, all will be revealed tomorrow!

Last edited by Spider-Chan; 06-19-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Seriously? That announcement is actually a day early as we only had the 1 of the countdown a few hours ago... so maybe there's something else? If this is it... meh.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

You right, Cebulski did said that there was one more day to go, so maybe this isn't it.

With this level of hype, I was at least expecting a Todd McFarlane page. A project by the writer of a bunch of recent Spider-Man projects, the artist of a current Spider-Man mini-series and a writer/ artist confirmed to be working on various Marvel projects doesn't seem to merit a several day countdown.

Granted, it's probably like five minutes of work for Cebulski (and a bit of work for whoever made the countdown pictures) to make the tweets and get people talking.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

...Well that's underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Thing is, considering Raimi didn't even like where the script of SM4 was going, there was no reason to get excited for the prospect of a adaptation of "Raimi's script".

My guesses:
    -A anthology celebrating... something.
    -The new Spider-Man themed event.
    -A new team book with spider people. Didn't really considered this one until I realized that Miles is off Champions, meaning that he could join a team and Marvel is very likely to get him into one.
    Quoting myself from Miles's appreciation thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Both Miles and Amadeus will be back. Cover for issue 8, out in August.

Wasp isn't on the cover, but we know she'll be back in the book too. Nobody's left permanently except for Cyclops.
    He's still a Champion. Just took a break.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

There is no way in hell that's the announcement. The PAD/DeFalco/Frenz thing was announced without much fanfare and the last time they had a countdown like this, Fantastic Four was announced to later become one of their top 5 ongoings.

if that is it, though, that's godlike
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

That can't be right, Larsen was already coming in for Marvel #1000, so they might've convinced him to work on Spidey as well, but I think there has to be another announcement.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...Well that's underwhelming.
    That isn't the announcement.

Cebluski said today that there's one more day (or One More Day) to wait until the reveal.

This issue, however, sure is something I want to read!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    There is no way in hell that's the announcement. The PAD/DeFalco/Frenz thing was announced without much fanfare and the last time they had a countdown like this, Fantastic Four was announced to later become one of their top 5 ongoings.

if that is it, though, that's godlike
    It would be the biggest Spider-Man bait-and-switch since we saw the first footage of the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon .
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    That isn't the announcement.

Cebluski said today that there's one more day (or One More Day) to wait until the reveal.

This issue, however, sure is something I want to read!
    He's sure being a little more overt there (although considering the other stuff he's referenced have been stuff that the reveal wasn't for...).

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Seems like the countdown was referring to a special one-shot coming in September: Going Big #1 by Erik Larsen, Gerry Conway, and Mark Bagley.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

He could very easily be over-exaggerating, but he has said the announcement will be something "No one will expect", and Larsen doing a one-off Spidey issue seems way too much of an "Yeah that makes sense" to fit, so yeah we'll just have to wait and see for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    As for what this announcement will end up being, I'm stumped.

I hope it isn't something ridiculously anti-climatic but at the same time, I can't imagine what would warrant this kind of build-up.

Spencer isn't going anyplace on ASM. I don't think a new satellite title would rate this kind of hype. And likewise, an annual or anthology doesn't seem worthy of this much hyperbole.

But hey, all will be revealed tomorrow!
    As this point, I think with the hype, wild speculation, reaction to said speculation being debunked, and all that, it will be an underwhelming announcement. This kinda hype would be fitting for a new series, an event, a major miniseries, or something along those lines, which doesn't seem likely. In any event, expect plenty of people saying: "That's all it was" when it comes out. Heck, I think we could get something major, like an Ultimate Spider-Man/Ultimate Universe revival and people would still be disappointed that it wasn't something grander.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

The Conway/Larsen/Bagley book is definitely what Brevoort was talking about:

https://twitter.com/TomBrevoort/stat...79799410999296

...But it's definitely not what Cebluski/Marvel have been counting down to.