Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: 4

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    As this point, I think with the hype, wild speculation, reaction to said speculation being debunked, and all that, it will be an underwhelming announcement. This kinda hype would be fitting for a new series, an event, a major miniseries, or something along those lines, which doesn't seem likely. In any event, expect plenty of people saying: "That's all it was" when it comes out. Heck, I think we could get something major, like an Ultimate Spider-Man/Ultimate Universe revival and people would still be disappointed that it wasn't something grander.
    With how some fans are these days, Marvel could resurrect Lee and Ditko for a new run on ASM and the response from some quarters would still be "meh, that's it?"

I am very, very curious, however, as to what this is all about.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    There is no way in hell that's the announcement. The PAD/DeFalco/Frenz thing was announced without much fanfare and the last time they had a countdown like this, Fantastic Four was announced to later become one of their top 5 ongoings.

if that is it, though, that's godlike
    Guess we have to wait for tomorrow to see what is the truth then....

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    The Conway/Larsen/Bagley book is definitely what Brevoort was talking about:

https://twitter.com/TomBrevoort/stat...79799410999296

...But it's definitely not what Cebluski/Marvel have been counting down to.
    What??? Two big Spider-Man stories?? Do we deserve such goodness?

With how some fans are these days, Marvel could resurrect Lee and Ditko for a new run on ASM and the response from some quarters would still be "meh, that's it?"
    I'd like to think fans aren't jaded enough that the spontaneous resurrection of two of Spider-Man's most famous creators for a new run would be met with a "meh, that's it," as implausible an event as that is .

(I guess there would probably be those skeptical those two could do something worthwhile for a modern audience, but that's a different story).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    What??? Two big Spider-Man stories?? Do we deserve such goodness?
    Yes, we do!!

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I think we all know what this is about: Half Life 3 confirmed.

...does that joke date me?

Yes.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd like to think fans aren't jaded enough that the spontaneous resurrection of two of Spider-Man's most famous creators for a new run would be met with a "meh, that's it," as implausible an event as that is .
    Unless Stan n' Steve pledged to reverse One More Day and have MJ be pronounced his one true love I think more people would have that reaction than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

(I guess there would probably be those skeptical those two could do something worthwhile for a modern audience, but that's a different story).
    GRR and lucas have experienced backlash from loyal fans. it can happen

and “improbable”? lol. i await the simulation
    troo fan or death

BANNED

I have to agree with the idea if the hype was build up to be a lackluster announcement, then you are going to expect not only backlash, but a resounding Meh and a question of WHY make a big deal out of something that isn't into my own interest ?

BANNED

At this point what can Marvel Comics announce that can possibly be surprising? They don't handle the games, they don't handle the movies, they don't handle properties and verticals that can actually surprise anyone.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

To me about the most uproarious thing Marvel can do to surprise us would be to involve Uncle Ben in this somehow, and not in a flashback or clone or time-travel or AU way.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    To me about the most uproarious thing Marvel can do to surprise us would be to involve Uncle Ben in this somehow, and not in a flashback or clone or time-travel or AU way.
    Yes, let’s undermine the whole impetus of the Spider-Man mythos. While I wouldn’t put it past NuMarvel, that’d be stupider and more shortsighted than even OMD and it’d probably be retconned super quick.

Astonishing Member

The amount of great comic book writers and artist´s in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: GOING BIG #1 and SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN: SELF-IMPROVEMENT 1 makes these two comic books must buys.
    Just the new cover by Erik Larsen is quite cool,Gerry Conway stories are must read as well.
    Sensational Spider-Man:Self Improvement is another comic book i will be getting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    The amount of great comic book writers and artist´s in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: GOING BIG #1 and SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN: SELF-IMPROVEMENT 1 makes these two comic books must buys.
    Just the new cover by Erik Larsen is quite cool,Gerry Conway stories are must read as well.
    Yes, he's still got the touch. The Spiral mini from awhile back was really good.

Astonishing Member

Yes, he's still got the touch. The Spiral mini from awhile back was really good.
    I liked the Carnage comic book by him as well.And i am not even much of a fan of Carnage.
    I think Gerry Conway in the Spider-Man comics have been always great,so i am looking forwar to the new story by him illustrated by Mark Bagley and Erik Larsen.