Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Snoke vs Darth Vader

Snoke vs Darth Vader

Snoke does have some abilities Vader didn't but I think Vader overall has better feats in combat.
    Power with Girl is better.

The one who didn't get cut in half, despite having precondition or whatever the hell it was.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The one who didn't get cut in half, despite having precondition or whatever the hell it was.
    So NOT Vader then? ;p

Edit- not strictly accurate I guess, Vader only lost all his limbs and precog wasn't as clear cut

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    So NOT Vader then? ;p

Edit- not strictly accurate I guess, Vader only lost all his limbs and precog wasn't as clear cut
    Yea he just had to pay two arms and two legs for his precog
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Does Snoke even have any notable combat feats? All I can think of are his showing prior to the throne room fight but I’m not sure if that’s even applicable to this scenario given the massive amount of experience and teaching between Vader and Rey.

Snoke was weird. He had CRAZY Force feats but no saber stuff.

He can ricochet lightning off of surfaces and strike down Kylo before the dude could predict the attack. He can perform complicated force maneuvers without a single gesture or hand motion, such as spinning Rey around the room while restraining her and searching her mind. He can bridge two minds from across light years of distance without being detected.

Heck, cant the dude just go for a neck snap at the bell? IIRC, Vader always needed a gesture or associated hand motion for his Force stuff, which might suggest Snoke could beat him out in the quick draw.

Edit: can Force users even neck snap someone? Not a regular person, I mean like another Force user.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

Darth Zannah snapped two jedi’s neck before she was even trained so yes.

But then you gotta ask if he can get past Vader’s force bubble etc. I mean sure he beat up kylo and rey but they were very new to the force compared to Vader.

Astonishing Member

Is force lightning still Vader's personal kryptonite?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Force...bubble?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Snoke was weird. He had CRAZY Force feats but no saber stuff.

He can ricochet lightning off of surfaces and strike down Kylo before the dude could predict the attack. He can perform complicated force maneuvers without a single gesture or hand motion, such as spinning Rey around the room while restraining her and searching her mind. He can bridge two minds from across light years of distance without being detected.
    He also had a weird hole in the side of his face that looked like it would make eating problematic.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Is force lightning still Vader's personal kryptonite?
    The lightening only messed Vader up because his hand was chopped off and he had circuits exposed. A conductor like that would do some lethal damage. There was a moment where Luke noticed that in Return of the Jedi.

Anakin was an accomplished mechanic. I'm sure he modified his armor so it can take some punishment.

As for Snoke. I agree, he's a weird case. He was performing some complex Force Techniques from light years away. But against somebody as experienced and skilled like Vader?

My money is on Darth Vader
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 06-18-2019 at 08:27 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Force...bubble?
    It’s when you surround yourself with the force....why else do you think they just don’t disarm each other in fights or force choke?

I get the impression that the Force requires too much concentration for casual use while simultaneously fencing. That's why they usually restrict it to quick shoves, saving more elaborate uses for when there are luls in combat that put distance between opponents. Vader only using the force when Luke is battered and retreating or in the freezer gizmo. Maul only using the force when Obi and Quigon are at a distance and slowly approaching him, and then one quick gamble when fighting Obi. This force-bubble stuff sounds like an EU thing.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    It’s when you surround yourself with the force....why else do you think they just don’t disarm each other in fights or force choke?
    PIS was my thought. Or simply 'can counter with force'. Or what MichaelC states, above. I never thought of it as an actual bubble...did someone in the prequels say this? Because maaan, I would remember it in a movie if I saw it; would have given me the giggles. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate