All-New Member

Default Coming back to monthlies

I dropped off of following monthlies a couple years ago, switching to trades of older stuff, becoming a huge fan of 60's and more recent Legion of Superheroes. Now Bendis is writing Legion, and I;ve moved a few miles away from an LCS (which is nearly impossible in Britain) I;ve decided to pick up a few books, probably 8-10 a month, I used to enjoy following events, so was wondering if anyone could let me know where we;re at currently? I;ll probably be grabbing the Avengers titles, Justice League titles, Hawkman and a couple X-books.
    Thanks for any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicBookDodd View Post
    I dropped off of following monthlies a couple years ago, switching to trades of older stuff, becoming a huge fan of 60's and more recent Legion of Superheroes. Now Bendis is writing Legion, and I;ve moved a few miles away from an LCS (which is nearly impossible in Britain) I;ve decided to pick up a few books, probably 8-10 a month, I used to enjoy following events, so was wondering if anyone could let me know where we;re at currently? I;ll probably be grabbing the Avengers titles, Justice League titles, Hawkman and a couple X-books.
    Thanks for any advice.
    I can't talk for Marvel. But DC had somewhat of a new start in 2016 with DC Univers Rebirth.

This 2016 DC event is linked to The Watchmen (that you should read if you haven't) and continues with:
    - The Watchmen
    - DC Univers Rebirth
    - Batman/The Flash: The button - skippable
    - Doomsday Clock - ongoing

From this reboot, the good titles (from the main heroes) have been:
    - Superman
    - Action Comics
    - Flash
    - Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps
    - Aquaman

For Batman, you should wait for an omnibus. It is not that great but I think his run would be more enjoyable has one big story.

If you like magic, Justice League Dark Rebirth is great.

I would also recommand the mini-serie Batman: White Knight by Sean Murphy. A sequel is on its way.

All-New Member

Isn't there some villains event coming up with DC too?
    I think I'm gonna have to do some previews searchin'.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Yes, they are calling it the Year of the Villain. They gave away an issue at my LCS but haven't read it. Heres a link to DC's announcement

I'm coming at a different phase in that I am winding down my interest in comics. I have been converting to digital because I simply don't have room for comics and will have to start making a decision about that. I've some catching up to do with the latest volume of Avengers but I would recommend going back to Hickman's work at Marvel. He starts out with the Fantastic Four and later goes on to do a short volume of the Ultimates and works with Bendis on Secret Warriors. When Bendis decided he wanted to leave the Avengers and New Avengers, Marvel decided to have this big switch on writers. HIckman moved over to Avengers and New Avengers. He followed up some of his Fantastic Four plots in New Avengers, which is given a finale in Secret Wars (2015), an homage to the original Secret Wars.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-17-2019 at 09:05 AM.