Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38
  1. #16
    Extraordinary Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    8,763

    Default

    Trinary, Firestar, Goldballs, No-Girl, Triage, Monet, Nemesis, Frenzy, Cypher, Thunderbird, Sage, Sprite, and Tempus are all missing. Indra didn’t show up at the battle, he presumably stayed behind with Loa to senselessly die in Rosencanny.

  2. #17
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    16,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Trinary, well that is because whoever looked at that picture (probably the same person who saw two Storms in some other picture and didn't notice) thought it was Moonstar and put Moonstar in Prisoner X instead of Trinary.
    Spoiler:
    spoilers:
    That duplicate Moonstar is actually Legion.
    end of spoilers

  3. #18
    Mysterious Telepath Spinster Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,580

    Default

    I'm upset about Monet since Leah wanted her for X-Tremists but was told she was unavailable. :|

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Trinary, Firestar, Goldballs, No-Girl, Triage, Monet, Nemesis, Frenzy, Cypher, Thunderbird, Sage, Sprite, and Tempus are all missing. Indra didn’t show up at the battle, he presumably stayed behind with Loa to senselessly die in Rosencanny.
    The brown ones lol -___-

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member Silver Fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I'm upset about Monet since Leah wanted her for X-Tremists but was told she was unavailable. :|



    The brown ones lol -___-
    Thank GOD. Monet is better off not being touched by Williams. My biggest fear is Monet ending up with her in a Wave book.

    Explains Moneta. A role Monet was better off without.

  5. #20
    Mysterious Telepath Spinster Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Thank GOD. Monet is better off not being touched by Williams. My biggest fear is Monet ending up with her in a Wave book.

    Explains Moneta. A role Monet was better off without.
    Yeah, I really do wonder if her plans for Monet transferred to the little twerp.

    I'm not quite ready to send Leah to the guillotine on that assumption though. X-Tremists has been quite uneven for me, but I'm intrigued by what emotional beats Monet would've been given.

  6. #21
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Thank GOD. Monet is better off not being touched by Williams. My biggest fear is Monet ending up with her in a Wave book.

    Explains Moneta. A role Monet was better off without.
    This, Williams is the worst X-Men writer right now and shouldn't be allowed to touch any more characters, ever

  7. #22
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    This, Williams is the worst X-Men writer right now and shouldn't be allowed to touch any more characters, ever
    eh?
    Moneta was hilarious....and I thought the NorthStar/Iceman interaction was sweet....but to each their own but IMHO whoever's writing that X-tracts book had her beaten hands down

  8. #23
    Extraordinary Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    8,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Thank GOD. Monet is better off not being touched by Williams. My biggest fear is Monet ending up with her in a Wave book.

    Explains Moneta. A role Monet was better off without.
    She hasn't even written Monet. And Moneta was a character given to her by Nadler and Thompson, she didn't really have a choice in her character but knew she needed to be a person that was completely indoctrinated by Nate's teaching. I wouldn't say that should have any barring on how she would characterize Monet, especially because she's generally spot-on when it comes to characterization.

  9. #24
    Mighty Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Tempus is so absolutely overpowered that I still question how they even ended up in this situation period with her around.
    Exactly, she could have stopped Nate or traveled back in time and stolen Life Seed or SOMETHING. She has stopped whole teams of Avengers in an instant with little control over her powers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Tempus should be used more, but as a villain- misguided former student with an obscene amount of power and a crush on Cyke could have potential.

    If they want to use her as a hero, yeah, she's best just killed off.
    If Tempus had been the culprit of Age of X-man then Cyke blaming himself for everything that happened would make sense.

  10. #25

    Default

    Can't Magik travel in time as well or was that dropped when I was not looking?

    What's preventing her from doing the same as Tempus?

  11. #26
    Mighty Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,841

    Default

    It is funny how willing people are to ignore how ridiculously powerful people who are already around because they like characters but come up reasons for another can't be used. Omega Level telepaths no problem, Omega Level Chronokinesis no no that's too much.They put rules and limitations to make telepaths seem less OP. But putting rules and limitations to make time travel based powers less OP. Impossible it can't be done. Tempus is very usable and fair with a firm ruleset on her time travel. I keep saying you can walking her power back and put rules, I mean Cable has gone from Jesus Cable fighting Silver Surfer back to low tk and tp. Franklin Richards in FF they have limited what he can do as well.They are gazillion telepaths in the universe but there is one Chronomancer so to speak I think it is worth the effort to weaken her power because it bring unique power to table instead of the same boring powers over and over.

    If Tempus can't be used so can't Jean grey or Storm because they both have done things that makes 90% of X-men enemies pointless because their high end feats are stupid. A character being used at ridiculously powerful levels doesn't mean they are unusable they have fixed characters like that before. I mean I can easily make Tempus useable She has a tumor in her head that becomes worse if she travels back in time more than 15 mins(or some reasonable amount). In addition to that travel time far to past takes up great chronal energy which she needs to store up. In addition to that she can't control where she ends up in time and needs a device to help navigate. In addition to there is something called the butterfly effect. Rules and conditions like that solves the biggest issue with her and makes her time travel a limited tool. With the problem of time travel out of the way that leaves then a character who would be very similar to Tempo from MLF.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 06-18-2019 at 04:11 AM.

  12. #27
    Astonishing Member Silver Fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    She hasn't even written Monet. And Moneta was a character given to her by Nadler and Thompson, she didn't really have a choice in her character but knew she needed to be a person that was completely indoctrinated by Nate's teaching. I wouldn't say that should have any barring on how she would characterize Monet, especially because she's generally spot-on when it comes to characterization.
    • Well is PsyBlob here her idea, not a fan of that.
    • Not a fan of her thinking Jean should be besties with Emma.
    • Wasn't crazy about her fondness for the idea of Emma x Monet in hot lesbo action
    • And her persona on twitter comes off very defensive & abrasive.

    May be judging prematurely, but she hasn't shown anything for me to want her writing any characters I like. She comes off like another writer who'd have a pet character (Emma most-likely) and write everyone else as revolving around them, while every woman on the planet loves her, even women whose husbands she's taken. lol

    And again, Monet is the last fav. I have that hasn't been ruined. So there's a list of writers I want her to stay away from
    1. Leah
    2. Simone -Doesn't need to be turned into a ditsy millennial in her girl-trip series
    3. Rosenberg -Apparently he doesn't like M, and he'll just fridge her anyhow
    4. PAD -Already seen his Monet. Hated it.
    5. Aaron -Already fucked up one favorite, and i'm still stuck with the consequences, lets not go for another.
    6. Pak -Fucked up ALL favorites in ONE series. Lets not continue.Keep him in teen teams & children's books.

    Now if Leah does get Monet, and writes the Heck out of her, then I will retract my criticism. Otherwise, she's in the same boat as the others.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-18-2019 at 05:49 AM.

  13. #28
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,502

    Default

    Tempus is just a hoot, because 'fixing' her time travel to make it less problematic would just serve notice to Tempo, Lacuna, Timeslip and Kiden Nixon, at the very least, all time-manipulating mutant chicklets, and various mutants who *can* time travel, despite it not necessarily being one of their powers, like Rachel Summers, Ilyanna Rasputin, Legion, Cable, etc., that time cops are on the scene and it's time to scatter like ducklings.

    I mean, who cares that she's OP? She's blisteringly late on the scene, if time traveling mutant teens and twenty-somethings are a problem, since she's, at minimum, the *fifth* with that exact powerset (and, IMO, tied with Kiden Nixon for 'least interesting of the lot').

    It's not telepathy, by any means, but new mutant girl time-traveler/manipulator is about as common as new mutant girl with force field-armor (see, Armor, Cecelia Reyes, Unuscione, Skids...). About the only thing distinctive about them at this point is whether or not they're white (and blonde), or a bit more colorful.

  14. #29
    Incredible Member kevlon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    923

    Default

    They could always limit Tempus and make her powers more like Timeslip.

  15. #30
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    • Well is PsyBlob here her idea, not a fan of that.
    • Not a fan of her thinking Jean should be besties with Emma.
    • Wasn't crazy about her fondness for the idea of Emma x Monet in hot lesbo action
    • And her persona on twitter comes off very defensive & abrasive.

    May be judging prematurely, but she hasn't shown anything for me to want her writing any characters I like. She comes off like another writer who'd have a pet character (Emma most-likely) and write everyone else as revolving around them, while every woman on the planet loves her, even women whose husbands she's taken. lol

    And again, Monet is the last fav. I have that hasn't been ruined. So there's a list of writers I want her to stay away from
    1. Leah
    2. Simone -Doesn't need to be turned into a ditsy millennial in her girl-trip series
    3. Rosenberg -Apparently he doesn't like M, and he'll just fridge her anyhow
    4. PAD -Already seen his Monet. Hated it.
    5. Aaron -Already fucked up one favorite, and i'm still stuck with the consequences, lets not go for another.
    6. Pak -Fucked up ALL favorites in ONE series. Lets not continue.Keep him in teen teams & children's books.

    Now if Leah does get Monet, and writes the Heck out of her, then I will retract my criticism. Otherwise, she's in the same boat as the others.
    Very strongly agree with all of this besides Pak, think he was forced to wrap everything up too quickly and couldn't expand on plots he wanted to do

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •