Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    • Well is PsyBlob here her idea, not a fan of that.
    • Not a fan of her thinking Jean should be besties with Emma.
    • Wasn't crazy about her fondness for the idea of Emma x Monet in hot lesbo action
    • And her persona on twitter comes off very defensive & abrasive.

May be judging prematurely, but she hasn't shown anything for me to want her writing any characters I like. She comes off like another writer who'd have a pet character (Emma most-likely) and write everyone else as revolving around them, while every woman on the planet loves her, even women whose husbands she's taken. lol

And again, Monet is the last fav. I have that hasn't been ruined. So there's a list of writers I want her to stay away from
    1. Leah
    2. Simone -Doesn't need to be turned into a ditsy millennial in her girl-trip series
    3. Rosenberg -Apparently he doesn't like M, and he'll just fridge her anyhow
    4. PAD -Already seen his Monet. Hated it.
    5. Aaron -Already fucked up one favorite, and i'm still stuck with the consequences, lets not go for another.
    6. Pak -Fucked up ALL favorites in ONE series. Lets not continue.Keep him in teen teams & children's books.

Now if Leah does get Monet, and writes the Heck out of her, then I will retract my criticism. Otherwise, she's in the same boat as the others.
    You don’t like the concept of PsyBlob or how it’s being written? I guess I can understand the former but it fits the story. And the other two points just seem like personal grievances. She isn’t really defensive and is pretty nice online, aside from the time she kept getting sexually harassed online by creeps. I mean, I don’t like Aaron’s over-the-top Wolvie fanboy-ness during Regenesis and BotA but I still enjoyed his Thor run and consider him a great writer. I understand being apprehensive but it’s just weird having such a notion of wanting her far away from characters she hasn’t even gotten the chance to write.

But this could just be because I’ve seen too many comeatmebro posts of blatantly hating Leah Williams for no reason that I just snap into defensive mode.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    You don’t like the concept of PsyBlob or how it’s being written? I guess I can understand the former but it fits the story. And the other two points just seem like personal grievances. She isn’t really defensive and is pretty nice online, aside from the time she kept getting sexually harassed online by creeps. I mean, I don’t like Aaron’s over-the-top Wolvie fanboy-ness during Regenesis and BotA but I still enjoyed his Thor run and consider him a great writer. I understand being apprehensive but it’s just weird having such a notion of wanting her far away from characters she hasn’t even gotten the chance to write.

But this could just be because I’ve seen too many comeatmebro posts of blatantly hating Leah Williams for no reason that I just snap into defensive mode.
    The deterioration of some many favorites over years has made me cynical. Thus far, Williams hasn't impressed me & clearly our tastes are very different. So yeah, I prefer be kept away from her at this point. I could love Saladin Ahmed writing Monet. I love his work for Blink, and I think he'd be great with M, even if the Exiles run didn't do that well. So far, I could give Brisson a chance with her. Bunn coming back would be great, but not happening. Duggan could probably work well with her.

Leah seems more of a fangirl writer . Again, clearly our tastes are different if she thinks Jean should be close friends with Emma and likes the idea of Monet hooking up with her. lol And yeah, PsyBlob is a concept I am tired of seeing, as stated in the thread a ways back discussing the pairing.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Leah seems more of a fangirl writer . Again, clearly our tastes are different if she thinks Jean should be close friends with Emma and likes the idea of Monet hooking up with her. lol And yeah, PsyBlob is a concept I am tired of seeing, as stated in the thread a ways back discussing the pairing.
    I agree. As I've said before, she seems the kind of writer that will do something because it looks cool, never mind it's ridiculous and/or doesn't fit the characters and their established backgrounds at all.

BANNED

I can only imagine that the characters we didn't see in the Age of X-Man were taken off the board so that Rosenberg's narrative about the last of the X-Men could take place. A shame that some characters got shafted and didn't even show their faces in AoXM, but it's hardly surprising. I mean, some of the characters that featured in Disassembled didn't even make it anyway. Loa died and Nemesis is still around in 616. Who knows what happened to the others. I can only hope that the more favoured characters get an opportunity to feature in an upcoming story (fingers crossed for some Frenzy)

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I'm upset about Monet since Leah wanted her for X-Tremists but was told she was unavailable. :|
    A bummer really. X-Tremists hasn't been my favourite book, but I do feel Monet would have fit the tone rather well. I can only imagine plans changed or Leah was misinformed, as we've not seen Monet in any of the other titles, and she doesn't seem to be appearing in anything else until House of X.

• Well is PsyBlob here her idea, not a fan of that.
    • Not a fan of her thinking Jean should be besties with Emma.
    • Wasn't crazy about her fondness for the idea of Emma x Monet in hot lesbo action
    • And her persona on twitter comes off very defensive & abrasive.

May be judging prematurely, but she hasn't shown anything for me to want her writing any characters I like. She comes off like another writer who'd have a pet character (Emma most-likely) and write everyone else as revolving around them, while every woman on the planet loves her, even women whose husbands she's taken. lol

Now if Leah does get Monet, and writes the Heck out of her, then I will retract my criticism. Otherwise, she's in the same boat as the others.
    It's hardly fair to judge a characters take on a character when they haven't written them yet. I found Leah Williams X-Men Black and What If oneshots (about Emma Frost and Magik respectively) to be on-point when it comes to characterization, and her recent Giant-Man mini was fun too. X-Tremists has been the first book of hers I've struggled to get into, but that's just as much about the art and story given to her by the higher-ups, and isn't entirely on her writing abilities.

As for your criticisms
    1. I hated the thought of PsyBlob too, and I would hate for it to be a lasting thing, but that said, I don't mind the rationale behind the story, especially given its an alt-world story. Rest assured, tt'll be dissolved beyond AoXM anyways, too many people like Betsy to stick her with Dukes long-term.
    2. I don't think she's ever explicitly said they should be best friends. Rather that as female telepaths among the X-Men who have loved and lost Scott Summers, and have had personal contact with the Phoenix Force, they're probably the best equipped individuals to understand and empathise with each other. I agree with that notion. It doesn't mean they have to like each other.
    3. Don't we all have a ship for our fav character? Doesn't mean it'll ever happen. You really think Marvel would green-light Emma & Monet sleeping together? I don't think so. I don't think that's a legitimate cause for concern.
    4. Maybe so, to some extent at least, but I think her reactions are often fully justified given she gets a lot of flak from people who don't like her writing, and a lot of unwanted attention from creepy men. I've yet to see your typical 'jerky' comments, unlike Rob Liefields recent outburst as an example, slandering DC comics and effectively everyone working on books for them right now (slightly off-topic I'm aware)

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    It's hardly fair to judge a characters take on a character when they haven't written them yet. I found Leah Williams X-Men Black and What If oneshots (about Emma Frost and Magik respectively) to be on-point when it comes to characterization, and her recent Giant-Man mini was fun too. X-Tremists has been the first book of hers I've struggled to get into, but that's just as much about the art and story given to her by the higher-ups, and isn't entirely on her writing abilities.
    There's lots of stuff I don't think is fair either, but I still get / got stuck with it. Guess as the saying goes "Life's not fair."

I judge very early, and I reserve optimism for something that proves to be worth it. I no longer give benefit of the doubt. Too often have I done that, and gotten excited over something that was utterly disappointing if not downright horrible. Thus far, no nobody on a current run of books as impressed me, other than Brisson. Hopefully the Wave books will have some better talent and we can avoid fanboy / fangirl bias and pet characters disguised as team members, when in actuality, the book is all about them & only they're good for anything.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    During the X-Men battle versus X-Man, aka Nate Grey, Jean Grey called help of all current and former X-men to assist in the fight.
    Most of those who were at the end fight appeared in the Age of X-Man crossover, however six of them I have not seen.

So far I am missing the whereabouts of 6 X-Men in AoXM of: Sage, Neal Shaara, Indra, Firestar, Cargirl and Trinary.

Perhaps I missed a cameo, but would love to know if and where they appeared.

Attachment 83486

Others, like Tempus, Goldballs and Triage only appeared on covers.

Edit: I think Monet is also missing...
    Indra did not join the fight I think. However he also did not show up on the MU side, so he is MIA.

The others did join the fight for sure, but were not seen so far. May thought Trinary was in Prisoner X, but that turned out to be Moonstar, wh turned out to be Legion.

No sign at all on the others indeed.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

There's lots of stuff I don't think is fair either, but I still get / got stuck with it. Guess as the saying goes "Life's not fair."

I judge very early, and I reserve optimism for something that proves to be worth it. I no longer give benefit of the doubt. Too often have I done that, and gotten excited over something that was utterly disappointing if not downright horrible. Thus far, no nobody on a current run of books as impressed me, other than Brisson. Hopefully the Wave books will have some better talent and we can avoid fanboy / fangirl bias and pet characters disguised as team members, when in actuality, the book is all about them & only they're good for anything.
    Right. I just meant maybe it's not the best grounds to judge something? You're going off of what you think she might write Monet like. We can agree to disagree, but I don't think Leah Williams is as flawed as you're making her out to be.

I do feel you on being somewhat judgmental/critical though. I'm always cautiously optimistic when it comes to comics these days, as they so often don't deliver what you'd hoped for. Brisson's X-Force, as an example, was a book I was really excited for, but boy is it abysmal. Team books are pretty much always a struggle for me too, as more often that not I only care for half of the roster. It's honestly pretty rare to find the perfect trio when it comes to the writer, artist and character/s involved. Anyways I'm getting off-topic.

I'll just add that it's a bummer that we didn't at least find out where some of the other X-Men ended up. I guess it's hard to find room for ALL the X-Men

You know, since Goldballs has no-showed, why did they use him in Disassembled at all? Champions already gave him a good reason not to show up, he was severely injured and using a wheelchair. Going to Triage didn't make sense... if he was going to get himself cured that way, why didn't he do it DURING the Champions issue he got hurt in? There was time, as it takes place over a week.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman