Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    It was ordered from on high that JL be no longer than 2 hours...as much as I would have enjoyed seeing Cyborg's expanded role, it wasn't crucial to the plot and so it was cut. See also: Clark's return to the ship to get a new suit, his conversation with Alfred to find out where Batman went, and many more things that weren't crucial to the plot. Snyder has heavily suggested that JL was 3hrs 14mins, so when you factor in that an hour and 14 minutes were removed to hit the 2hr mark, a lot of plot lines were dropped and not just for the Black character.

Correct. It just looks bad when the "lost footage" seem to be mainly Cyborg's that is coming out. Not a good look for the get who was suppose to have a movie. That no one is fighting for and is pretty much dead.

Now if that is the case why not release the original version? We have seen DVDS show other versions or even toss in deleted scenes (Get Smart).

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Correct. It just looks bad when the "lost footage" seem to be mainly Cyborg's that is coming out. Not a good look for the get who was suppose to have a movie. That no one is fighting for and is pretty much dead.

Now if that is the case why not release the original version? We have seen DVDS show other versions or even toss in deleted scenes (Get Smart).
    Because the original version was never completed. They have film with certain scenes they could edit together to give the intent of what Snyder wanted, akin to Superman II: The Donner Cut but it would be with incomplete special effects, music, etc.. Given the failure JL was and how much blame WB put on Snyder, there's no financial incentive for them to put together his cut, especially if it means completing certain special effects and music.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Well, not THE fall guy, least we forget that Zack Snyder "stepped down" from the movie early in post-production.
    Based on the disaster that was BvS, Snyder should have probably not been attached to the JL movie in the first place.

Problem was just that they had scheduled the shoots to close to BvS to do anything about it.

Flash is Jewish in the DCEU, so he isn't really white.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Well, not THE fall guy, least we forget that Zack Snyder "stepped down" from the movie early in post-production.

I think there was plenty of blame to go around for Justice League's failure.
    I like how you put stepped down in quotation marks as if theres some nefarious reason that has nothing to do with the mans daughter killing herself.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I like how you put stepped down in quotation marks as if theres some nefarious reason that has nothing to do with the mans daughter killing herself.
    There were several reports from credible news sites that stated Snyder was fired from Justice League, and that they used his daughter's tragic death as an excuse to reduce the amount of possible backlash and negative publicity from firing the director of a big-budget movie so late into post-production.

You may choose to believe those reports or not. I certainly don't believe he stepped down willingly.

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Justice league had three white guys(batman,flash,superman),one white woman(wonder woman) and two poc(cyborg and aquaman).
    As Pinsir pointed out, Flash is Jewish (often considered distinct from white) and while Wonder Woman is Amazonian, Gal Gadot is Israeli. Thus, only really Batman and Superman are white.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Hal Jordan is also Jewish, people don't see him as anything other than white.

There were several reports from credible news sites that stated Snyder was fired from Justice League, and that they used his daughter's tragic death as an excuse to reduce the amount of possible backlash and negative publicity from firing the director of a big-budget movie so late into post-production.

You may choose to believe those reports or not. I certainly don't believe he stepped down willingly.
    That would be some coincidence.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Snyder has released a ton of "lost footage" from JL through still shots on Vero, and not all of it is Cyborg related. He just released a look at Darkseid, he's shown Diana in a temple looking at the Amazon history of Darkseid's invasion, the whole team at the cemetary to exhume Clark, Lois & Martha stuff, Superman's first flight 2.0, etc. I wouldn't say it's been mostly about Cyborg at all, but considering Cyborg was originally to be the exposition machine regarding the mother boxes, how they work, and their place in history then his cut scenes are probably one of the most requested of Snyder over on Vero.

At the end of the day, love Snyder or hate him, had he been allowed to finish the movie then we at least would have had a complete film that would have completed arcs & themes that started in MoS and ran through BvS. It would have been just as divisive as those films, but at least the story he was trying to tell would have been a more complete tale. Instead, we got a hodgepodge of Snyder & Whedon, 2 very different tones and sensibilities, and the film feels incomplete as a result. This is a film where our heroes dig up the body of a dead character...but because of the way it was edited, there are jokes. That's a very dark scene, but we laugh because Barry and Victor aren't ready to fistbump.

Justice League had many, many problems...Snyder shown the door, Whedon asked to do the impossible in 6 months, executive bonuses in the wake of an impending AT&T acquisition...so many problems, but racial bias wasn't one of them.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Darkseid been hitting the gym.

BANNED

In my eyes Jews are white. In biblical times the term jew did not exist only hebrew. Also the jewish people now openly admitt that they are white and are only 'spiritual' descendants of the hebrew people.

I still haven't seen Justice League. Is the Flash openly Jewish in the movie or are you only refering to the actor?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeneuron View Post
    In my eyes Jews are white. In biblical times the term jew did not exist only hebrew. Also the jewish people now openly admitt that they are white and are only 'spiritual' descendants of the hebrew people.

I still haven't seen Justice League. Is the Flash openly Jewish in the movie or are you only refering to the actor?
    Yeah, I see white Jews as white. Like, Jack Kirby, and Shuster, Stan Lee and all those people I see as white. That said, I certainly recognize the persecution that Jews have suffered over the years. I never really understood why white supremacists/nationalists hate them so much. I guess because of the religious differences and beliefs that there is some wild Jew agenda that supports race mixing or some such.

But...then again...there is A LOT about those people I don't totally get.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 06-18-2019 at 04:33 PM.

Astonishing Member

What constitutes "whiteness" is subject to change and never cut and ry. So once upon a time that might have been true along with Irish and Italians, but that isn't true in current mainstream America unless we are talking about the white supremacist population.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 06-18-2019 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    It was ordered from on high that JL be no longer than 2 hours...as much as I would have enjoyed seeing Cyborg's expanded role, it wasn't crucial to the plot and so it was cut. See also: Clark's return to the ship to get a new suit, his conversation with Alfred to find out where Batman went, and many more things that weren't crucial to the plot. Snyder has heavily suggested that JL was 3hrs 14mins, so when you factor in that an hour and 14 minutes were removed to hit the 2hr mark, a lot of plot lines were dropped and not just for the Black character.
    And of course Darkseid was excised from the film, as well as Green Lantern and any followup to the stuff from BvS that indicated a larger storyline. They weren't just cutting down on run-time, they wanted to streamline the concept of the movie so that it was totally self-contained. Also, I'm going to guess the Cyborg stuff was kinda dark and lightening up the movie was definitely a mandate. Most of the other characters just didn't have as much story in JL because they had their own movies - this was meant to be a much bigger origin story for Cyborg so he had more to cut.