Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Stop the presses. Boogie Cousins to Lakers? The battle for LA is over, just hand the trophy out right now!
    The West plays a more run and gun style of basketball these days (at least that's how I view it), so I don't know how a plodder like Cousins can possibly help the Lakers. That would be like putting a Clydesdale in the field at the Kentucky Derby.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Got an alert that OKC traded Russell Westbrook to Houston for Chris Paul and draft picks. Whoa!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Got an alert that OKC traded Russell Westbrook to Houston for Chris Paul and draft picks. Whoa!
    Just saw this on my feed.

Wowza! This 2019 NBA off-season already gets my vote for craziest NBA off-season ever.

What exactly is OKC's game plan going forward? CP3 and a bunch of unprotected picks aren't going to put butts in seats.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Just saw this on my feed.

Wowza! This 2019 NBA off-season already gets my vote for craziest NBA off-season ever.

What exactly is OKC's game plan going forward? CP3 and a bunch of unprotected picks aren't going to put butts in seats.
    I think OKC hoisted the white flag after Paul George left and decided to blow it up.

With Westbrook and Harden on the same team, how long before it blows up over how many touches each gets in a game?
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The 2019 NBA off-season in nineteen seconds:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1149517188924973061
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 07-12-2019 at 01:46 AM.

I wonder if Chris Paul's bestie will move with him to OKC?

Chris Paul is almost definitely not playing a single game for OKC. Either the Thunder flip him for more assets if they can, or they buy out his contract and he signs elsewhere (Lakers, Heat, etc) for the minimum.

Tyson Chandler signed with the Rockets as their backup center. Solid move for Houston.

Chris Paul is almost definitely not playing a single game for OKC. Either the Thunder flip him for more assets if they can, or they buy out his contract and he signs elsewhere (Lakers, Heat, etc) for the minimum.
    I agree. When OKC lost Paul George, their window effectively slammed shut, thus the trade of Westbrook to signal a full blown rebuild, and they can’t do that with Paul on the roster. As for where he ends up, yeah, I could see him on the Lakers.

Whoa.

The Heat are trying to trade for the Wizards' Bradley Beal. But Washington won't allow it without Miami also agreeing to take John Wall and his stupendously bad contract ... and the Heat are seriously considering it!

Stay tuned ...

If the Wizards actually manage to unload Wall's contract it might be time to start investing in ski equipment shops in Hell

Whoa.

The Heat are trying to trade for the Wizards' Bradley Beal. But Washington won't allow it without Miami also agreeing to take John Wall and his stupendously bad contract ... and the Heat are seriously considering it!

Stay tuned ...
    Just one question: WHY? For starters, Wall is far removed from his days as an All-Star, and with that achilles injury, he probably won't play until late this coming season, if at all. Then there's the sure to be negative effect his hideous contract will have on Miami's salary cap. I thought Pat Riley was smarter than this, I can't understand his rationale, even if is to obtain Beal.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    With Westbrook and Harden on the same team, how long before it blows up over how many touches each gets in a game?
    Its already happening, probably. Houston is going to be a cataclysm.

With all these moves, I've never been so excited to see some NBA games again.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 07-18-2019 at 10:06 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

So ... entering the deadest stretch of the NBA calendar year.

Late July to early September.

Nothing really going on right now. Going to start cranking out my annual Top 20 Basketball Players of All Time rankings soon. Stay tuned ...

Oh!

Is anyone interested at all in the FIBA World Cup next month? Are any NBA players even on the roster at this point for Team USA?

Vince Carter returning to the Atlanta Hawks for his record- breaking 22nd consecutive season in the NBA.

Udonis Haslem returning to the Miami Heat for his 17th consecutive season with the same NBA team.

Carmelo Anthony asking to join Team USA for the FIBA World Cup and being rejected.

All 3 of these things make sense to me.

Great Locker-Room Guys can always make a 12-man roster at the end of the bench.

Divas with dinosaur isolation games can't.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 08-09-2019 at 04:17 AM.