Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Congratulations to Giannis Antetokounmpo, your 2018-2019 NBA League Most Valuable Player!

So glad a genuine two-way player line Giannis beat out a one- way player like James Harden.

That meme of Giannis hitting Harden with the ball-turned-MVP-trophy is solid gold and I wish I could post it here.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Luka Doncic of the Mavs won Rookie of the Year, earning 98 out 100 votes. What I wanna know is, who were the two smacked asses who voted for someone else?
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 06-25-2019 at 04:35 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Congratulations to Giannis Antetokounmpo, your 2018-2019 NBA League Most Valuable Player!

So glad a genuine two-way player line Giannis beat out a one- way player like James Harden.

That meme of Giannis hitting Harden with the ball-turned-MVP-trophy is solid gold and I wish I could post it here.
    His speech was gold. I couldn't listen to it without tearing up a little for him, and I am no Bucks fan
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

So about the NBA Awards Show ...

They really, really need to move it up on the calendar.

There's a few days between the last day of the regular season and the start of the post-season, right? Usually the last day is a Wednesday night and the first playoff date is the following Saturday.

The NBA Awards Show needs to take place and air in the spaces between the end of the regular season and the start of the post-season.

The knowledge of the post-season and who won the championship really undermines the fact all these awards are only about the regular season. It's like a movie whose ending has already been spoiled.

I'd say extend the in-between time from end of tabular session to start of post-season by a few days. Last game on Monday night, first playoff game Saturday, and the Awards show on Thursday night.

Done and done, no?

So about the NBA Awards Show ...

They really, really need to move it up on the calendar.

There's a few days between the last day of the regular season and the start of the post-season, right? Usually the last day is a Wednesday night and the first playoff date is the following Saturday.

The NBA Awards Show needs to take place and air in the spaces between the end of the regular season and the start of the post-season.

The knowledge of the post-season and who won the championship really undermines the fact all these awards are only about the regular season. It's like a movie whose ending has already been spoiled.

I'd say extend the in-between time from end of tabular session to start of post-season by a few days. Last game on Monday night, first playoff game Saturday, and the Awards show on Thursday night.

Done and done, no?
    They'd be better off acknowledging their mistake, apologizing for producing something so incredibly embarrassing and moving to never repeat this cluster of a mistake ever again. The same goes for the rest of the leagues.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    They'd be better off acknowledging their mistake, apologizing for producing something so incredibly embarrassing and moving to never repeat this cluster of a mistake ever again. The same goes for the rest of the leagues.
    Yeah, you're going to be getting MORE of that, not less. They haven't been televising these award shows that long, so practice makes perfect, or at least less- sucky.

Meanwhile, Marc Gasol opted in and staying with the Raptors for another year.

Coincidence ...or does he already know something about Kawhi's free agency decision?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    His speech was gold. I couldn't listen to it without tearing up a little for him, and I am no Bucks fan
    Made a big fan out of this casual NBA watcher. I'm rooting for that kid.

Couple of scenarios before Free Agency officially starts next week:

1. Kawhi will take meetings with both the Lakers, and Clippers, with the Raptors getting to make the final pitch. If Kawhi joins LeBron and AD in LA ... I mean, why would he want to be LeBron's sidekick? Really hope he re-signs with Toronto.

2. The Rockets are weirdly trying to bully the Sixers into giving up Jimmy Butler while taking on some of their (Houston's) bad contracts to boot. How dumb does GM Daryl Moray think his competition is?

3. The Knicks could legit miss out on both KD and Kyrie. Of that happens, the Knicks become radioactive to free agents for the foreseeable future.

Darren Collison announced he's retiring at 31 after a 10 year career.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Reports have it that Kemba Walker will sign with Boston.

Derrick Rose in talks to sign with my Pistons on a 2- year deal.

We'll take it. My Pistons don't have a solid plan for the future anyway, and this is ... something, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Reports have it that Kemba Walker will sign with Boston.
    Max deal too.

Any idea on which teams either Al Horford or DeMarcus Cousins may join?

DeAngelo Russell may leave the Nets (b/c Kyrie is incoming) and ... re-join the Lakers?

Man, anyone else notice it's the Year of the K Free Agency:
    Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, Kemba Walker ...

Any idea on which teams either Al Horford or DeMarcus Cousins may join?

DeAngelo Russell may leave the Nets (b/c Kyrie is incoming) and ... re-join the Lakers?

Man, anyone else notice it's the Year of the K Free Agency:
    Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, Kemba Walker ...
    Don’t forget Klay Thompson and Jimmy Butler.

I can't believe that there's the real threat of Kawhi joining the Lakers. After years of GS dominance, now once again the strong possibility that LeBron gets his bullshit superteam again, and it has to be in LA of all places. The season won't even be worth watching if this happens.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El