Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Rooting really hard for Giannis Antetokounmpo to take the next leap in his growth as an NBA player, and for the Bucks to put a great team around him for next year.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I really like this development, now you have a bunch of teams with two superstars that can actually use their remaining money towards building complete teams, Danny Green is a good complement for the Lakers, Rondo returning is good provided he doesn't get hurt yet again, Boogie is an interesting development but it remains to be seen if he can fully recover from his achillies surgery. Ironically we have Boogie, AD, and Rondo on the same team again.

But this might be the most competitive the leagues been in a while and it's spread out over both conferences too.
    Loved everything in this post until the last sentence. The West is still vastly superior.

Giannis should start recruiting and by next year he will be
    Playing in Madison Square Garden on a team projected
    To win the 2021 NBA title

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Wowza.

The best case scenario, IMO, was Kawhi staying with the Raptors.

The worst case scenario was Kawhi joining LeBron and AD with the Lakers.

But Kawhi and PG13 joining up with the Clippers was not something I remotely foresaw.

But Jerry West clearly did.

Dude built the Lakers, Warriors, and now the Franklin' Clippers into (potential) contenders. Greatest NBA Executive of all time, hands down.

Calling it right now: The 2020 Western Conference Finals will be The Battle of Los Angeles. Clippers vs Lakers. Every game a home game for both teams that play at the Staples Center.

Forget the Yankees vs Mets' Subway Series.

We could have ourselves a Hallway Series.

Basketball never stops!
    Both have to get there first. All the pressure is on the Lakers. Not the Clippers.

Lebron has put more effort in cherry picking his teammates than trying to make the ones he have better. Forming these teams doesn't seem to be paying off as much.

But this might be the most competitive the leagues been in a while and it's spread out over both conferences too.
    All the pressure is on ONE team. Which means they are RIPE to get picked off by any team in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Giannis should start recruiting and by next year he will be
    Playing in Madison Square Garden on a team projected
    To win the 2021 NBA title
    The Knicks can ruin anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Monyok Miclovan View Post
    Correction: WILL ruin everything.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monyok Miclovan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Correction: WILL ruin everything.
    It must frustrate Adam Silver and the suits at ESPN no end that the number one media market in the world has such a downtrodden and totally shitty NBA team that isn’t worth putting on TV because it’s a dog with fleas. At best, it could be a decade before the Knicks return to some semblance of respectability, perhaps longer, hell, chances are the Nets could win a championship before the Knicks do.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Russell Westbrook may be on the move from OKC.

Now that the Thunder traded Paul George (at George's request via Kawhi's recruiting) for a boatload of unprotected picks, Russ doesn't want to be a part of a new rebuilding era.

So who can get him via trade? He ain't staying if he can help it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Russell Westbrook may be on the move from OKC.

Now that the Thunder traded Paul George (at George's request via Kawhi's recruiting) for a boatload of unprotected picks, Russ doesn't want to be a part of a new rebuilding era.

So who can get him via trade? He ain't staying if he can help it.
    Knicks or Heat.

I kinda hope it's the Heat....I can't imagine a bigger set of assholes than Butler and Westbrook. Let them enjoy each other as a fourth seed in the weak conference.

I'm seeing news that Minnesota and ... my own Detroit Pistons are entering the new Russell Westbrook sweepstakes.

Westbrook for Andre Drummond and change (draft picks).

Vs.

Westbrook for Andrew Wiggins and change.

The contracts are close enough.

Please, please, PLEASE send Westbrook our way. We'll pair him up with Derrick Rose. We'll be a 1st round exit for a couple more years. Anything to get rid of Drummond and that contract of his.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It must frustrate Adam Silver and the suits at ESPN no end that the number one media market in the world has such a downtrodden and totally shitty NBA team that isn’t worth putting on TV because it’s a dog with fleas. At best, it could be a decade before the Knicks return to some semblance of respectability, perhaps longer, hell, chances are the Nets could win a championship before the Knicks do.
    Until the NBA figures out a way to get rid of the Knicks owner, nothing will change.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Until the NBA figures out a way to get rid of the Knicks owner, nothing will change.
    Agreed. Unless James Dolan is caught on film having sex with an underage girl in a seedy motel room, he isn't going anywhere anytime soon. After the debacle that got Donald Sterling bounced from the league, owners aren't about to be as overtly stupid as he was and risk losing control of their franchises.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Urinating Tree took a good comical look at NY Knicks 2+ years ago...

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Stop the presses. Boogie Cousins to Lakers? The battle for LA is over, just hand the trophy out right now!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

So Golden State is 3 for 5 in the Finals. Not a bad run, but not a dynasty. And I don't see them in the WC finals next year. (barring injury to key players.)
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!