Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Colorist mistake.
    Right, but which one is the mistake. I mean the issue comes out next week, you'd assume this preview is the final version

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Colorist mistake.

Him again? He's currently menacing the Champions, and this book's by the same writer. So I hope you're wrong.
    And let's not forget that Blackheart is just picking up where his dad Mephisto left off. Yeah, this is probably leading into some big thing with the heroes (and maybe villains) of the Marvel Universe going up against the forces of hell for all the marbles in the universe and then some. That said, I like the preview.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Amazing Member

Preview looks solid.
    I need some more BP, I'm like 10 issues behind on Coates' run.
    Which many people are saying is just ok. I'm surprised though his novels are spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by upmiddowntown View Post
    Preview looks solid.
    I need some more BP, I'm like 10 issues behind on Coates' run.
    Which many people are saying is just ok. I'm surprised though his novels are spectacular.
    His novels are non fiction.

He has a fiction one coming out at the end of this month.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I'll admit, I wasn't really on board when Jason Aaron formed the team, just because it seemed too eclectic to function seamlessly, and there are/were too few characters among the Agents of Wakanda that I care for. And for one of them, that being Janet van Dyne, I couldn't see how/why she was demoted to playing second-fiddle to the Avengers, when she should really be on the core team herself.

I mean, given it's the Agents of Wakanda, rather than being dubbed, for example, Secret Avengers, it certainly would have made sense for it to be about Wakanda, and thus feature characters originating from there (Shuri, Gentle or Atlas Bear). I mean, even when it comes to allies of T'Challa & Wakanda, I would have expected to have seen Manifold, Thunderball, White Tiger, Blue Marvel etc. But alas, we're stuck with obscure rather one-note characters (in my opinion)

I'll add that Falcon, Misty Knight, Winter Soldier, Colleen Wing, Mockingbird, Quake & Inferno all would have fit the covert backup Avengers mold too, and are certainly more recognisable figures.

For the sake of three characters I care about (T'Challa, Okoye & Janet van Dyne) and Zub on writing duties, I'll pick this up for at least the first arc. But when it comes to launching team books, and featuring characters I genuinely care about, I'm much more inclined to pick up Strike-force for the moment.
    ...Then someone comes along and brings perfect clarity to the profound! I couldn't agree more with all that you stated. So many other better suited characters that could have really hit on the overall concept. This is the equivalent of forming the Harlem Globetrotters with guys from LA and Boston.
    Last edited by dkrook; 09-14-2019 at 10:58 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    His novels are non fiction.

He has a fiction one coming out at the end of this month.
    I haven't read any of Coates literary work (its on my to do list) but I enjoy his CAP a *lot* and I enjoyed the first season of BLACK PANTHER but I have no interest in the space stuff.

To bring this back on topic, I'm fond of most of the cast but I would appreciate it if Zub brought in Kasper Kole to give the title more of a Wakandan feel and to se use froman excellent character residing in limbo.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    I haven't read any of Coates literary work (its on my to do list) but I enjoy his CAP a *lot* and I enjoyed the first season of BLACK PANTHER but I have no interest in the space stuff.

To bring this back on topic, I'm fond of most of the cast but I would appreciate it if Zub brought in Kasper Kole to give the title more of a Wakandan feel and to se use froman excellent character residing in limbo.
    Kasper Cole would be pretty cool to see, and having read Winter In America, I'm enjoying the current Captain America run as well.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Though I do think the random seemingly non-sensicle line up is kinda weird, I also think it's potentially a part of the books charm. This is certainly NOT what I would imagine if someone said we were getting an agent's of Wakanda espionage book. Looking at this roster, I wouldn't know what the heck I was looking at. In the least, it has my attention.
    Last edited by XPac; 09-14-2019 at 04:16 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    ...Then someone comes along and brings perfect clarity to the profound! I couldn't agree more with all that you stated. So many other better suited characters that could have really hit on the overall concept. This is the equivalent of forming the Harlem Globetrotters with guys from LA and Boston.
    I mean, it does come down to what Jason Aaron set up in the current Avengers run, which I'm not a fan of. Zub is just working with the established roster and status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though I do think the random seemingly nonsensical line up is kinda weird, I also think it's potentially a part of the books charm. This is certainly NOT what I would imagine if someone said we were getting an agent's of Wakanda espionage book. Looking at this roster, I wouldn't know what the heck I was looking at. In the least, it has my attention.
    I don't mind an eclectic roster. I think the struggle here is that even in ignoring that its supposed to be a Wakandan espionage team, which most of the roster doesn't fit, there's also the problem of T'Challa, Okoye and Janet being the only popular characters. Not to say that the others don't have fans, but they're such a random selection of C/D-list characters that its hard to imagine they'll garner much interest from a casual comicbook reader audience. And the last thing we need is another Marvel title cut short for not hitting sales targets.

If this book lasts a year I'll buy Zub a beer.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I mean, it does come down to what Jason Aaron set up in the current Avengers run, which I'm not a fan of. Zub is just working with the established roster and status quo.
    Yeah, this review marked it down for exactly that reason, a poor roster. They especially said that Ka-Zar and Gorilla Man shouldn't be here. They do correctly blame Aaron and not Zub for this though. Like you said, Zub was just handed this roster and is working with stuff previously established. It's not like Champions or Uncanny Avengers where he could choose to add or remove people.
    https://www.newsarama.com/46986-best...wakanda-1.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

After some careful thought I can't help but to be a little disappointed with the roster. Coates already built a stacked wall of black power around Wakanda. Imo this was the time to make sense of it all. Expand the narrative of BP&C. Have T'Challa lead that team again. All you do is add Shuri, Okoye, Vibraxis, M'Baku, a reformed Thunderball (maybe?), Zawavari, Asira and Asha. Watching as T'Challa juggles all these personalities would be pretty fun.

Yeah, this review marked it down for exactly that reason, a poor roster. They especially said that Ka-Zar and Gorilla Man shouldn't be here. They do correctly blame Aaron and not Zub for this though. Like you said, Zub was just handed this roster and is working with stuff previously established. It's not like Champions or Uncanny Avengers where he could choose to add or remove people.
    https://www.newsarama.com/46986-best...wakanda-1.html

So if you don't care about the roster its an eight/nine? He said it was a well paced, solid first issue.

Yeah, like I said, they marked it down because of the roster. The rest of the review didn't make it sound like it only deserved a 6.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Again, there is really no doubt Janet's only in this team because Aaron or the editorial didn't want her in Avengers. But that's her place. I agree with how odd the roster is but I'd rather see her here than in no team at all. She really should be in Avengers though.

Can't comment on Gorilla-Man and Ka-Zar.. yeah..

I'm excited to read the issue.