Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I'm bored already.

Agents of Wakanda with only two Wakandans in its roster?

Nothing to see here.
    You know who I'd suspect of being agents of Wakanda? Wakandans.

You know who I wouldn't suspect? A talking gorilla, a Tarzan-looking dude, a New York socialite turned superhero, a space werewolf, an immortal sumo wrestler, and a Native American biker. Folks who can act on behalf of Wakanda's interest without making people go, "Yeah, that's gotta be Wakanda."

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I mean, given it's the Agents of Wakanda, rather than being dubbed, for example, Secret Avengers, it certainly would have made sense for it to be about Wakanda, and thus feature characters originating from there (Shuri, Gentle or Atlas Bear). I mean, even when it comes to allies of T'Challa & Wakanda, I would have expected to have seen Manifold, Thunderball, White Tiger, Blue Marvel etc. But alas, we're stuck with obscure rather one-note characters (in my opinion)

I'll add that Falcon, Misty Knight, Winter Soldier, Colleen Wing, Mockingbird, Quake & Inferno all would have fit the covert backup Avengers mold too, and are certainly more recognisable figures.

For the sake of three characters I care about (T'Challa, Okoye & Janet van Dyne) and Zub on writing duties, I'll pick this up for at least the first arc. But when it comes to launching team books, and featuring characters I genuinely care about, I'm much more inclined to pick up Strike-force for the moment.
    Especially since so many Wakandan characters don’t really have an ongoing title rn. Imagine Manifold, Ayo/Aneka as the Midnight Angels, Gentle, Fuse, Alloy, White Tiger (Kasper), Asha, and Bull on this squad. I guess some of the members on this team might help it sell more but they could give it the same time and marketing effort that they gave Agents of Atlas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post

You know who I wouldn't suspect? A talking gorilla, a Tarzan-looking dude, a New York socialite turned superhero, a space werewolf, an immortal sumo wrestler, and a Native American biker. Folks who can act on behalf of Wakanda's interest without making people go, "Yeah, that's gotta be Wakanda."
    That's the genius of this team. Anyone who see's them wouldn't expect them to be Agents of Wakanda. It's the perfect cover.

Had too many laughs off this, and I agreed. There are many ways to create a new group without trying to tie this to Wakanda.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I mean, had the roster been Black Panther, Shuri, Gentle, Manifold, Blue Marvel, Falcon, Misty Knight, Goliath, Thunderball & Nightshade I would be beyond hyped.

I mean, it makes sense in that Okoye is a general. It makes less sense when you consider that none of the other characters on the team know her and she technically has no jurisdiction over them.

I'm with you on that one. Janet van Dyne, founding freaking Avenger, should be on the A-Team. Why's she slumming it with the CD-List superhumans?
    Cyborg is a founder on Justice League-HOW DID THAT WORK OUT FOR HIM?

How many times have we seen the foundering members of teams actually appear on said team in whatever project?

Slumming with CD list folks-call me when Janet has a billion dollar movie and high sell trades and then we we can talk.

If she was on the main Avengers-folks would ask why is SHE there? Since folks view that as the team of folks who can sell books.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

How many times have we seen the foundering members of teams actually appear on said team in whatever project?

Slumming with CD list folks-call me when Janet has a billion dollar movie and high sell trades and then we we can talk.

If she was on the main Avengers-folks would ask why is SHE there? Since folks view that as the team of folks who can sell books.
    In all fairness though, Jan was a mainstay in the Avengers for decades. It's only recent years where she was sidelined. It's not comparable to Cyborg, who was only a founder due to a reboot when everyone knows he wasn't an important part of the Justice League for decades. They almost have a sort of inverse situation in that she's sort of written out of the team while he was sort of written into it.

That's been retconned back to Martian Manhunter instead of Cyborg now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The League Big Seven...the movie Avengers...
    Ant-Man and the Wasp did pretty well (granted, she wasn't really the Wasp in that, but still).
    I mean, they have She-Hulk, the new Ghost Rider, and Carol on that team...not everyone is on there to just sell the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's been retconned back to Martian Manhunter instead of Cyborg now.
    Wait for real? When was this?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

When Snyder took over Justice League last year. Priest did a couple of arcs before No Justice, and in one issue, Cyborg said he was a founder. In the next issue, he said the League was formed 15 years ago, instead of five, which would mean he was a child at the time - clearly it was a course correction because Priest heard Snyder's plans between writing those issues. Then in No Justice, Snyder included a reference to Martian Manhunter being a founder, as it was before the New 52 reboot.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

I can understand the dissatisfaction in relation to the lack of Wakandans on the roster but anyone who is actually surprised by it either hasn't been keeping up with Aaron's Avengers run or were hoping against hope that we'd get something different despite the fact he devoted an issue spotlighting who was involved with the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    When Snyder took over Justice League last year. Priest did a couple of arcs before No Justice, and in one issue, Cyborg said he was a founder. In the next issue, he said the League was formed 15 years ago, instead of five, which would mean he was a child at the time - clearly it was a course correction because Priest heard Snyder's plans between writing those issues. Then in No Justice, Snyder included a reference to Martian Manhunter being a founder, as it was before the New 52 reboot.
    Ugh... as glad as I am that MM has regained his founder status (really I have always felt he was the heart of the League), freaking DC's continuity is so confusing.

While this is true, I would still like Kasper to make the team, maybe Shuri too. There needs to be a minimum of 3-4 Wakandans. But really Kasper needs to make it given his new codename and upgrades. Akilli achieved mvp status in Coates BP so he can be there too

I'm excited for this series I kind of wish that characters like Kasper, QDJ, and even Vibraxas were involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    While this is true, I would still like Kasper to make the team, maybe Shuri too. There needs to be a minimum of 3-4 Wakandans. But really Kasper needs to make it given his new codename and upgrades. Akilli achieved mvp status in Coates BP so he can be there too
    Was is Kasper's new codename now? IIRC his last appearance was a few panels towards the end of Coates' season 2 but I can't remember if his new codename was revealed.

Mighty Member

Default Agents of Wakanda

I love the concept since the end of The Shield we need a superspy team. But, in-universe, how the Agents and the Avengers are not considered traitors by the USA and their european allies ? From the point of view of a Marvel universe citizen, we are talking about a foreign country who lack stability (how many civil wars and invasions since the first appearance of the Black Panther ?), who don't share their technologies, who lived in total isolation during at least 1 million years letting their African neighbors being colonized and enslaved, and with a tribal and monarchic government. And they are hiring assets from a former international super-spy agency without an international supervision !

From a good writer the geo-political repercussions can be very interesting, It's what I liked in the Christopher Priest comics: he didn't forget that Black Panther was a king of a non-aligned country, and I really think that Agents of Shield can be a place to see a more political and complex side of the Marvel Universe.
    Last edited by lordozone; 06-21-2019 at 12:36 PM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !