Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This was never a Wakanda book even though Black Panther was basically the main character who founded the team, it was basically an Avengers spinoff of characters Aaron set up for the most part.

In that respect it was probably as good as it could've been.
    I think the biggest issue is why name it "Black Panther & The Agents of Wakanda"

It's like naming something Thor & The Asgardians and it's about the X-Men - so frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I think the biggest issue is why name it "Black Panther & The Agents of Wakanda"

It's like naming something Thor & The Asgardians and it's about the X-Men - so frustrating
    I guess it didn't really frustrate me all that much because I knew what the team was before the book came out. They were first introduced in Aarons Avengers, so I think most people had a pretty descent idea of who would be in the book. It gave most people the option to give the book a pass if the characters didn't interest them.

Though I guess the title could be more misleading if you didn't read Aarons Avengers book.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

Well, Black Panther and a Wakandan are running things, so...I guess that's why ?

Well, Black Panther and a Wakandan are running things, so...I guess that's why ?
    I think there's almost a degree of cleverness to this particular group being a spies working for the Wakandan government. No one in their right might would assume that's what they are. It's the perfect cover.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

All-New Member

The grouping of characters seems to have come first when they appeared over in Avengers. Problem is calling that group "Agents of Wakanda" never was a good description of the group or the idea behind it. It set up false expectations in an audience who learned the name before who was in it. A more descriptive title could have been "Avengers Agents", but a poor play on "Agents of SHIELD" seems to have won out instead.

Maybe we should have had two different books? "Avengers Agents" which is what we got and a completely different "Agents of Wakanda" that could have showcased Wakandan characters.

That has nothing to do with Agents of Wakanda. They're talking about a new OGN starring Shuri.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I don't care what it's called: I'll read any book that gives me regular appearances of guys like Fat Cobra and Gorilla Man.

Sad that it's over.

-Pav, who liked the two-issue stories also...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details