Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I wonder if they will consider themselves Avengers or refer to themselves as AOW in the book.

Kinda reminds me of early Batman and the Outsiders

They work for the Avengers, but aren't actually Avengers themselves. They'll be called the Agents of Wakanda. They even have a logo, as can be seen on Roz's uniform.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    For Okoye's sake, it's probably better if he's somewhat hands off. She's the director of the team, but as he out ranks and over qualifies her, his presence potentially makes her redundant.
    could end up like Might Avengers was when Carol ran the team but Tony was clearly in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think his name is there for marketing more than anything else. Doesn't necessarily mean the story will necessarily focus on him all the time.
    I think his prominence on the cover tells me he'll at least be a very focal figure in the group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Zub's a great writer and I expect his T'Challa will be a real badass.
    So, basically standard T'Challa ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I also noticed that the said Tchalla was the leader of Wakanda in the interview. Either it's a mistake or the backpedaling has begone. Lol.
    I think the general Marvel Universe books still regard him as the King and leader of Wakanda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They work for the Avengers, but aren't actually Avengers themselves. They'll be called the Agents of Wakanda. They even have a logo, as can be seen on Roz's uniform.
    I think Jan definitely still thinks of herself as an Avenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    If he's like Batman in Young Justice, I'd be cool with that.
    What's his presence in YJ?

I expect T'Challa to hand them the missions, and his plans, Okoye executes them and when isht really hits the fan, T'Challa will come himself to handle stuff. But it's basically Like how it was said in the Avengers cartoon when Cap and Co were warped. Tchalla was the general looking at the big picture, and Cap marvel was the captain looking at the field in front of them. That's how I expect the interactions with BP and Okoye to be

Why do I have a feeling this won't last long as an ongoing?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Cool! My one nitpick is that as much as I like BP, I wish his name wasn't on the title so Zub would be more free to not feature him in every single story. He already gets plenty of panel time that I would rather see go to some other hero.
    The name is there to assure SHELF space be it a comic book store or places like Barnes & Nobles & school/public libraries.

See Batman & The Outsiders-in two issues Batman has had MAYBE 7-10 panels.
    Batman & The Signal-Batman did little in that book.

But because his name is on it-you have MORE folks talking about the CONTENT of the book than throwing fits or harassing creators about an Outsider book starring 4 POC or a 3 part mini starring a HATED black male in the Batman family.
    Batman & Signal sold well as a trade for a good time. The other book is on pace to do the same based on the positive reactions.

Now on the flipside it can be a determent. See Hal Jordan & TGLC. It under performed because a lot of folks DID NOT want to read about Hal nor see the others play second fiddle to him.

As for panel time-you can have a LOT of it and not all of it can be good. See Wally West.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Because the same set of trolls who attack books with CERTAIN types of cast members are going to fight tooth and nail to trash the book for EXISTING.

So I think anyone going into this book already KNOWS a long run is probably not expected.

I would say you could get at least 12 issues.

I always view stuff like this as getting another product on the shelf.

Also with Black Panther in it-WHEN Black Panther 2 gets announced and we get a trailer-this book will benefit. Like all the others that got sales boosts during Black Panther's movie run and after.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because the same set of trolls who attack books with CERTAIN types of cast members are going to fight tooth and nail to trash the book for EXISTING.

So I think anyone going into this book already KNOWS a long run is probably not expected.

I would say you could get at least 12 issues.

I always view stuff like this as getting another product on the shelf.

Also with Black Panther in it-WHEN Black Panther 2 gets announced and we get a trailer-this book will benefit. Like all the others that got sales boosts during Black Panther's movie run and after.
    That sounds exhausting and I'm not really sure that'd be the main reason it'd do poorly. Another ongoing book with a cast that's not doing well in their respective books in an already saturated market is not going to pull strong numbers.

Also, I don't think the movies have any significant effect on comicbook sales.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 06-18-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    [B]What's his presence in YJ?
    He was basically the Team's overseer and gave them their missions. Probably the member of the League who appeared the most in season 1.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    What's his presence in YJ?

I expect T'Challa to hand them the missions, and his plans, Okoye executes them and when isht really hits the fan, T'Challa will come himself to handle stuff. But it's basically Like how it was said in the Avengers cartoon when Cap and Co were warped. Tchalla was the general looking at the big picture, and Cap marvel was the captain looking at the field in front of them. That's how I expect the interactions with BP and Okoye to be
    Batman in YJ was the team's mission handler and the team reported back to him. His presence was there, but he wasn't part of the main cast at all. He was a supporting character. Very shadowy, mysterious, imposing, intimidating and badass when he did show up to take someone out. But on the weekly episodes he never went on a mission himself. He would give the team their mission (which was always covert), and go and handle JL business.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Batman in YJ was the team's mission handler and the team reported back to him. His presence was there, but he wasn't part of the main cast at all. He was a supporting character. Very shadowy, mysterious, imposing, intimidating and badass when he did show up to take someone out. But on the weekly episodes he never went on a mission himself. He would give the team their mission (which was always covert), and go and handle JL business.
    Although probably a lot warmer and sympathetic then you'd expect .

Let's remember that comic books based on SHIELD never sold very well. This is not SHIELD, but it's a very similar idea, and has the same chances of staying around.

Besides, Okoye may be cool, but Nick Fury is way cooler than her.

Another ongoing book with a cast that's not doing well in their respective books in an already saturated market is not going to pull strong numbers.
    To be fair, with the exception of Black Panther, none of the cast have their own books. Unless you count the team being featured in Avengers, which is doing pretty well numbers-wise.

honestly no think the story will be the bigger factor. People are excited about Zub, his take on T'Challa, and the cast being misfits and it seems fun to them. I can see this going past 12 issues if it's solid art and storytelling