Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Just add Kasper and Shuri to the team and it fits well enough as AoW. Can't use Nakia because she is dead (unless Nunakia makes it back to 616) M'Baku could not be trusted, same to white wolf though this fits up his alley. The main thing is that everyone on the team has a unique skillset and Tchalla in theory, can trust that the info he is getting is solid and that none on the team have ulterior motives that will torpedo the team.

But as said before, I think for this book to go past 12 issues depends on how well the story is, and the art, as well as BP and wasp fandoms coming together to support the book. There might be just enough fans of the other characters to help boost numbers but those two are the main funders of the group. Which of both are shown doing cool stuff and being written in character, then this book can easily last

BANNED

I wish the book success I am pretty hyped about it actually but imo opinion this should be closer to current Agents of Atlas but with African and Black characters but it has roster that looks like could be the old agents of Atlas.
    I mean, had the roster been Black Panther, Shuri, Gentle, Manifold, Blue Marvel, Falcon, Misty Knight, Goliath, Thunderball & Nightshade I would be beyond hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Under Okoye’s supervision? I can see every member of this team being the leader except her. Also, who is this book for?

People want to see The Wasp....as an Avenger. Also what is with the
    "Janet is a founding Avenger and a capable leader in her own right." In her...own right? Translation: Yes we know she should be the leader, just play along.
    I mean, it makes sense in that Okoye is a general. It makes less sense when you consider that none of the other characters on the team know her and she technically has no jurisdiction over them.

I'm with you on that one. Janet van Dyne, founding freaking Avenger, should be on the A-Team. Why's she slumming it with the CD-List superhumans?

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I mean, had the roster been Black Panther, Shuri, Gentle, Manifold, Blue Marvel, Falcon, Misty Knight, Goliath, Thunderball & Nightshade I would be beyond hyped.

I mean, it makes sense in that Okoye is a general. It makes less sense when you consider that none of the other characters on the team know her and she technically has no jurisdiction over them.

I'm with you on that one. Janet van Dyne, founding freaking Avenger, should be on the A-Team. Why's she slumming it with the CD-List superhumans?
    I do sort of wish Wasp hasn't sort of depushed when the Avengers blew up. Back in the day, she was JUST a notch below Cap, Thor, and Iron Man. And arguably she was considered the number 2 Avengers field leader right under Steve. But when marvel decided to put the rocket pack on the Avengers franchise and launch them to the moon, Wasp was sort of left in the dust. Even Ant-Man surpassed her.

Still, at least she's getting in this book. Better than nothing.

Under Okoye’s supervision? I can see every member of this team being the leader except her. Also, who is this book for?

"Janet is a founding Avenger and a capable leader in her own right." In her...own right? Translation: Yes we know she should be the leader, just play along. See, this is the kind of role that the Nadia Wasp would easily fit into instead of being handed books.

People want to see KA-ZAR.... protect the Savage Land with his Sabretooth Tiger

People want to see Gorilla Man.... as an Agent Of Atlas...the REAL ones

This book's title may as well be "All the characters you want in the worst possible way"
    I just want to see some of my favorites show up in a monthly comic for a while. Sure, I'd prefer Gorilla Man be in a book featuring the original AoA, and I'd love to see Fat Cobra in something Iron Fist-relates, but hey! Beggars can't be choosers! I'm happy to see them appearing at all, and I'm looking forward to seeing how some of my favorites interact together!

-Pav, who only speaks for himself...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

"Janet is a founding Avenger and a capable leader in her own right." In her...own right? Translation: Yes we know she should be the leader, just play along. See, this is the kind of role that the Nadia Wasp would easily fit into instead of being handed books.

People want to see KA-ZAR.... protect the Savage Land with his Sabretooth Tiger

People want to see Gorilla Man.... as an Agent Of Atlas...the REAL ones

This book's title may as well be "All the characters you want in the worst possible way"
    Jesus, that's incredibly cynical. If I like a character, I'm going to like them regardless of what situation they're presented in, as long as it's put together well. I think anyone sharing the views you suggested has a very limited imagination/appreciation of what can be done with characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Just add Kasper and Shuri to the team and it fits well enough as AoW. Can't use Nakia because she is dead (unless Nunakia makes it back to 616) M'Baku could not be trusted, same to white wolf though this fits up his alley. The main thing is that everyone on the team has a unique skillset and Tchalla in theory, can trust that the info he is getting is solid and that none on the team have ulterior motives that will torpedo the team.

But as said before, I think for this book to go past 12 issues depends on how well the story is, and the art, as well as BP and wasp fandoms coming together to support the book. There might be just enough fans of the other characters to help boost numbers but those two are the main funders of the group. Which of both are shown doing cool stuff and being written in character, then this book can easily last
    The problem with adding Shuri is that similar to T'Challa she again outranks Okoye, potentially making her somewhat of a lame duck director. I'm all for Shuri being on a super hero team, but probably not THIS one since it potentailly steaks Okoye's thunder. Her on Strike Force would have been cool.

Kasper works though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

We already know Gorilla Man doesn't meet this criteria.(so far) Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I just want to see some of my favorites show up in a monthly comic for a while. Sure, I'd prefer Gorilla Man be in a book featuring the original AoA
    He is. After the War of the Realms New Agents of Atlas series ends, they're launching straight into another Agents of Atlas series. And it has two stories, one with the new team, and one with the classic one. It's just a mini though.

Nadia's actually currently on a sabbatical from the Champions due to her bipolar disorder diagnosis. This wouldn't be the right time for her to join another team.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-19-2019 at 11:15 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

I'm bored already.

Agents of Wakanda with only two Wakandans in its roster?

Nothing to see here.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

It's a unique team but I honestly don't see this lasting long

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    It's a unique team but I honestly don't see this lasting long
    Maybe it's not supposed to last a long time though.

Dark Avengers for example only lasted until the end of the Dark Reign event, despite it selling quite well. Maybe Agents of Wakanda is only supposed to last until the end of Aarons Avenger run.

Just speculating of course. If it generates a strong audience, it obviously can keep on going in theory.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Might have point there. Probably why this isn't another Secret Avengers Team

Wherever I go it's the same criticism that Wasp should be in the Avengers team.

I totally agree but this is preferable to her not being in any team.

I'll support this and encourage other Janet fans to do so. Janet stans on twitter were pretty happy about the announcements so I hope this book lasts at least 12 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    We already know Gorilla Man doesn't meet this criteria.(so far) Lol
    Yes lol.. but white wolf straight up can't be trusted at all. Tchalla would never put him on the team. Gorilla mans is a plot point. Kasper and akilli would be okay to have on the team to rep the HZ in Hunter's place

BANNED

Panther and Kazar ? What a strange combo...