Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Default SADDEST Superhero movie moments?

Saw Dark Phoenix the other night and didn't think it was that great. I *did* like the bit where Jean breaks down crying in an alleyway, feeling terrible remorse for killing ######
    .the actress was obviously treating the phoenix power like a severe mental illness.

ALSO :
    Ending of Captain America first Avenger - Poor Steve stuck in a modern world with everyone he knows gone.

Stan Lee cameo in Spider-verse ; "I'm gonna miss him..."

Mask of the Phantasm : "it just doesn't hurt as bad anymore...'

Suicide Squad : Harley throwing her life away and diving into an acid vat.

and of course " I had all this power and I couldn't save him"

and YOURS?

Yondus Death and Funeral.
    Morgan and Happy on the porch during Tony's Funeral.

While not crazy impactful emotionaly I loved the scene from GOTG vol 2 where Drax looks as dopey and carefree as always and Mantis touches him and breaks down from just a second of feeling what he feels.

BANNED

Captain Marvel Marvel logo montage

BANNED

But if you want in-story, then Steve watching Peggy struggle in the hospital.

Logan's death at the end of Logan.

Mighty Member

(thanks!)
    ALSO : Janet fading into the quantum realm thinking only of her daughter -"Hope", she whispers...

Blankman - poignant scene where child-like hero Damon Wayons asks *WHY* there has to be crack houses on his street and why no one does anything about it.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    But if you want in-story, then Steve watching Peggy struggle in the hospital.
    ^This^ You have to wonder how many times per visit poor Steve had that precise conversation with poor Peggy.

Blankman. The full movie was full of sad moments. I was more sad I used money to rent it on vhs.

Ok for real I also say the Spider-Man ps4 game. Was not expecting that! For movies logan had some sad stuff. Punishers family In the punisher film was sad also.

For non hero comic films disappearance of haruhi suzumiya had some sad parts also.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yondus Death and Funeral.

While not crazy impactful emotionaly I loved the scene from GOTG vol 2 where Drax looks as dopey and carefree as always and Mantis touches him and breaks down from just a second of feeling what he feels.
    Two good scenes right there that made me choke up. (brilliant move with the Cat Stevens during Yondu's funeral)

"Spider-Man" (Maguire) after Uncle Ben's funeral when Peter's crying at home with May.

"Captain America: Civil War" - Peggy Carter's funeral. Just the fact that she was dead hit me and I was surprised by that, but we had actually seen her a whole bunch of times between all the movies and her tv show. It made me sad to see her gone.

Incredible Member

first 5 minutes of x1 where we see a young happy child get everything taken away from him.

that young child is Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    first 5 minutes of x1 where we see a young happy child get everything taken away from him.

that young child is Magneto.
    Feel like First class did that better. Spent more time with it and then didnt jump as far ahead. The scene is Xmen is just set up for what motivates Magneto. With characters we dont even know yet. To me it's no more sad then the Alfre Woodard crying about her son who died in Sakovia to Tony. They are well acted scenes and are inherently sad but dont have that much of an impact. But to each they're own.

I think if the MCU does a Magneto film they should start with Magento As he is now and flash back to his tragic past. That way we care about the chatacter we see this happening too. I hope they just say Eric's Mutants power makes him age slow but if they have to adapt there are other acts of Hate in history to root his origin in. Other Genocides and Massacres.

Fantastic Member

for me it's the one-two punch from CA-The First Avenger. First, Peggy talking to Steve about going to the dance, only for the signal to break up, followed by Steve just telling Fury "I had a date". Evans and Atwell had amazing chemistry together, and it made the scenes in Winter Soldier & Civil War all the more poignant.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Feel like First class did that better. Spent more time with it and then didnt jump as far ahead. The scene is Xmen is just set up for what motivates Magneto. With characters we dont even know yet. To me it's no more sad then the Alfre Woodard crying about her son who died in Sakovia to Tony. They are well acted scenes and are inherently sad but dont have that much of an impact. But to each they're own.

I think if the MCU does a Magneto film they should start with Magento As he is now and flash back to his tragic past. That way we care about the chatacter we see this happening too. I hope they just say Eric's Mutants power makes him age slow but if they have to adapt there are other acts of Hate in history to root his origin in. Other Genocides and Massacres.
    The only thing I can think of that measures up is the end of the first season of Agent Carter, where Peggy finally lets her Steve go (even though it turns out she didn't have to).