Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yondus Death and Funeral.

While not crazy impactful emotionaly I loved the scene from GOTG vol 2 where Drax looks as dopey and carefree as always and Mantis touches him and breaks down from just a second of feeling what he feels.
    Two good scenes right there that made me choke up. (brilliant move with the Cat Stevens during Yondu's funeral)

"Spider-Man" (Maguire) after Uncle Ben's funeral when Peter's crying at home with May.

"Captain America: Civil War" - Peggy Carter's funeral. Just the fact that she was dead hit me and I was surprised by that, but we had actually seen her a whole bunch of times between all the movies and her tv show. It made me sad to see her gone.

Incredible Member

first 5 minutes of x1 where we see a young happy child get everything taken away from him.

that young child is Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    first 5 minutes of x1 where we see a young happy child get everything taken away from him.

that young child is Magneto.
    Feel like First class did that better. Spent more time with it and then didnt jump as far ahead. The scene is Xmen is just set up for what motivates Magneto. With characters we dont even know yet. To me it's no more sad then the Alfre Woodard crying about her son who died in Sakovia to Tony. They are well acted scenes and are inherently sad but dont have that much of an impact. But to each they're own.

I think if the MCU does a Magneto film they should start with Magento As he is now and flash back to his tragic past. That way we care about the chatacter we see this happening too. I hope they just say Eric's Mutants power makes him age slow but if they have to adapt there are other acts of Hate in history to root his origin in. Other Genocides and Massacres.

Fantastic Member

for me it's the one-two punch from CA-The First Avenger. First, Peggy talking to Steve about going to the dance, only for the signal to break up, followed by Steve just telling Fury "I had a date". Evans and Atwell had amazing chemistry together, and it made the scenes in Winter Soldier & Civil War all the more poignant.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Feel like First class did that better. Spent more time with it and then didnt jump as far ahead. The scene is Xmen is just set up for what motivates Magneto. With characters we dont even know yet. To me it's no more sad then the Alfre Woodard crying about her son who died in Sakovia to Tony. They are well acted scenes and are inherently sad but dont have that much of an impact. But to each they're own.

I think if the MCU does a Magneto film they should start with Magento As he is now and flash back to his tragic past. That way we care about the chatacter we see this happening too. I hope they just say Eric's Mutants power makes him age slow but if they have to adapt there are other acts of Hate in history to root his origin in. Other Genocides and Massacres.
    The only thing I can think of that measures up is the end of the first season of Agent Carter, where Peggy finally lets her Steve go (even though it turns out she didn't have to).

Extraordinary Member

Gwen Stacey's death in Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Young Bruce saying 'it was my fault' in Batman Begins.

Most Alfred scenes in The Dark Knight Rises.

Steve Trevor's Death in Wonder Woman.

Yondu's death in Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

Tony's death in Avengers Endgame.

There are a lot of things worth crying about in Dark World. The script, the awkward humor, the wasted potential...but how Loki reacted to Frigga's death was very well done.

Boisterously Confused

Another contender is Pepper telling Tony that they will be okay.

Extraordinary Member

Also Spider-Man's dusting in Infinity War.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Pepper telling Tony he can rest now.
    Logan’s death.

The biggest one for me, although it’s more heartwarming...is the Stan cameo and Stan/Steve tribute at the end of Into the Spiderverse. Came at just the right time to make their legacies feel even more impactful.

Fantastic Member

Other than what's been said, I was pretty sad during the entirety of Fan4stic if that counts.

Besides Tonys death in Endgame, Natasha's was also sad.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Wolverine's death and Laura placing X symbol on his grave.

Avengers Endgame end credit scene paying homage to the first 6 Avengers

Guardians of Galaxy when Peter's Mother dies, when Groot and Yondu sacrifices themselves.

Killmonger talking to his dad in his Dream in Black Panther

Death and funeral of Logan. Death and funeral of Charles. (Even though the death of Charles happens mostly offscreen).

These two are my picks where i could barely contain my tears. That's rare for me in a superhero movie.

That's not to say that there aren't great moments in others. Here are some of my picks.

In First Class, my favorite scene is when Erik manages to move a huge object for the first time. Thanks to Charles' help where he accesses an old and forgotten memory of Erik and his mother lighting candles.

In Superman The Movie, the death of Jonathan is great. Yet my favorite is when Clark says goodbye to Martha before starting his journey to North.

In Spiderverse, the time when Miles tells Peter to go home is my second favorite scene in that film. 'You must go home man'. After seeing Peter's deathwish, that particular scene felt so satisfying.

Mighty Member

GOTG : Peter's mum died. Lost my own mother when I was 11 back in 1984, saw her in the hospital a few hours before she died. Geeky 80s stuff like 1984 Transformers cartoon, Gremlins, Terminator, Marvel comics and "V" the series helped me escape so I can understand Peter pop culture refs....